loser sportsmanship

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Patriot, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Years ago the Patriots decided to throw a deep pass to Randy Moss against the Jets and Revis at the end of a game. The game was already decided and the Patriots should have done a victory formation. This was an example of Loser sportsmanship. I was ashamed at that time to be a Patriot fan.

In the final 11 seconds, the Jets decided on their final game of the season against my Pats to run Hall up the middle for 4 yards. I am guessing to pad his stats when a victory formation was called for. This is another example of Loser sportsmanship.

However, none of these examples compares closely to the real loser sportsmanship that was demonstrated by Jameis Winston and the offensive unit of the Saints against the Falcons. They were instructed by their coach Dennis Allen to run a Victory Formation play. However, under Winston's leadership, the offensive unit in victory formation gave the ball to Jamaal Williams while the offensive line fired forward which risked the safety of the Falcons defenders who had stood down.

To add even more insult to the situation, Jameis Winston in his press conference stated he apologized to his coach but had no apology for the Falcons. Jameis Winston is a real loser. This probably explains why the Bucks got rid of him. I normally do not wish any harm to any NFL player, but I would love to see someone light him up on the field. I hope the Saints and Dennis Allen don't allow this jerk to be a member of their team next year.

2. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Regarding Hall, it wasn't to "pad his stats", it was more because he was a few yards away from a 1000 yard season. It hardly compares to the belichick douchebagery of the last 20 years.

papapump, jetophile, Patriot and 2 others like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Actually thought his presser was quite funny. I think it shows the lack of respect the entire team has for their dogshit head coach.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If you dont like it... play defense and stop them. I got no issue with what the Saints did and a 4 yard run by Breece Hall is hardly running it up

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

From one P*ts game, old but it happened throughout his time there

• … kept Brady on the field for an 88-yard drive six minutes into the fourth quarter despite already leading 38-0. On that 14-play drive, the Patriots went for a fourth-and-1 at the Redskins' 7 and ordered a 35-yard bomb to Randy Moss.

• … went for a fourth-and-2 at the Redskins' 37 on the next possession while leading 45-0. Backup QB Matt Cassel hit Jabar Gaffney with a 21-yard pass. Two plays later, Cassel scrambled for a 15-yard touchdown run to open up a 52-0 lead.

Anyone ever gets a chance to run it up in them they should

6. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with New Orleans trying to score, but it's a bitch move to go into victory formation and then run it.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

oh yeah true true

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Of all the many good reasons to be ashamed to be that kind of a cocksucker this is pretty low down on the list if you ask me.

jetophile, NY Jets68 and abyzmul like this.
  9. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Darren Rovell
    @darrenrovell

Bill Belichick’s NFL coaching record without Tom Brady is now 84-103 (44.9%)

MEDIOCRE-VILLE

tied with Tom Landry for most losses as a HC

NY Jets68 likes this.
  10. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I mean those 4 yards!!! How awful!!

NY Jets68 likes this.
  11. Patriot

Would not trying to get 1000 yard season padding your stats?

Ralebird likes this.
  12. Patriot

Maybe I am old school here. When I played organized football many years ago, our coaches would have us do a victory formation without hesitation.

However, this situation still is not as bad as Jameis Winston's situation. However, it does demonstrate as a society we have lost some moral character. I say that because I could see my Patriots also doing the same thing if the roles were reversed.

13. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

God forbid a patriots fan talking about poor sportsmanship. Especially a messily 4yd run. They really had it spoiled with Tom Brady and that dynasty, didn't they?

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Personally I was horrified at the abject stupidity of keeping Breece Hall in the game as long as our numbskull coaching staff did. Talk about asking for it. It's not like it was getting the Jets into the playoffs or something IMPORTANT LIKE THAT.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  15. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I thou
    I thought the same thing, but when the bobbleheads calling the game said he was only 6 or 7 yards away from 1000 I figured let him get it and then take him out.
    Who knew the Jets dope keeping track couldn't count that high.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Whenever any team displays poor sportsmanship against the Patriots, the rest of the world calls it justice. Fuck the Patriots.

NY Jets68 and Savatage like this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]