New coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jojo, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

What a load of shit. They have Aaron Rodgers coming back, they aren't just punting on '24 because they kept the same coaching staff. What a joke of an argument.

typeOnegative13NY and SOJAZ like this.
  2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

The problem with our structure, at least as far as I'm concerned, is HOW we hire. Most successful teams bring in a football guy who then in turn either hires the GM and coach or he hires the GM and then they hire the coach. In our goofball jack-wad of a shit hole, Woody hires both the GM and the Coach and he's neither qualified nor has the football acumen to do either. He stupidly uses dumb ass "search firms" who have NO skin in the game once the hire is completed. They make their recommendation and then move on with the fans at the end of the stick looking at a shitty product. It's been brought up on these boards, ad nauseum, that he needs to go get either a President of Football Operations and let that person do the hiring or a KNOWN quantity at GM and let them run the show. The way he does it now ensures we will have a shit product forever until it either changes or he becomes the luckiest mother fucker this side of the last Powerball winner.

NCJetsfan, SOJAZ, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  3. mezzavo

Ummm...what crack pipe did you pick up and take a big puff?

Bullshit they aren't. I'm not sure WHAT fucking team you were watching but the REST of us watched an example of a Pooch Screw in motion!!

oooooooooooooooo...Big Bad Aaron Wodgers is coming back in 2024...oooooooo, we're going to win the Super Bowl. Fuck off with that nonsense! Rodgers is going to get his conspiracy theorist block knocked off and out before the 1st quarter of the season is in the books with the bullshit cobbled o-line we have with no decent coaching to speak of that will TEACH those fools how to block and not hold/false start/cut block/name the drive killing penalty etc... On top of that, which "screw" do they find to stupidly play backup QB for this shit show so that they can say the lined up 11 guys, on offense, so that they can make excuses for why THIS year looks just like the last 3.

You want to don your green glasses and blow sunshine up your own ass, go for it. But don't tell the rest of us, who have working eyeballs, some bullshit that they are making a joke of an argument. It is the ONLY argument and it's far from a joke.

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Punting be a bit strong of a word, but when you run back everything, literally everything, that was such a dumpster fire this year, you clearly are not trying to improve. You are being complacent and hoping that what didn't work this year will next year.

The joke of an argument is that Aaron Rodgers will come in here and make a big difference. Will he make a difference? Sure. Correct everything we saw this year? Absolutely not.

5. mezzavo

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the definition of insanity? Same thing expecting a different result?

6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

That is the commonly accepted definition, but I just looked it up and it's got a picture of a green helmet with a football and the word "Jets" on it.

#46 The_Darksider, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    mezzavo likes this.
  7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This allegedly changed with Douglas, I'm pretty sure he hired Saleh. Splitting hairs though because it's still not good if an incompetent guy hires an incompetent GM who hires an incompetent coach. It's cascading idiocy.

NCJetsfan and mezzavo like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Agreed but I still think it’s a much better structure to go with for piece of shit franchises though. You change the structure and make them both report to the owner if you have a good coach and oust a GM (Tennessee would be a good example if they kept Vrabel and went GM shopping).

The Bills are a good example of why this probably works well. Beans & McDermott worked together before and obviously have a cohesive relationship. I don’t think Douglas and Saleh do from a football perspective. I’m sure they get along.

mezzavo, HomeoftheJets and REVISion like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Fire Saleh and the whole staff. trade for Fields and hire Ryan Day from Ohio State

balls. Big balls

mezzavo likes this.
  10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What pisses me off is that this fluky HC thinks Keith Carter did a good job. Hall, becton and some other players (Titans, Alt.) that have the misfortunate of being coached by this stiff just hung him out to dry.... he is worthless and so is the effin HC who got his head so far up his own ass he can see daylight. What a stupid ass and so is our illustrious GM who thinks this HC is the "right" guy. IN the military this would be referred to as a "CLUSTER FUCK."

NCJetsfan, LAJet and mezzavo like this.
  11. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Thoroughly disagree. Listen to the difference of how they speak. The accountability. Tomlin is a no BS take accountability leader. There’s no “he did a great job” referencing shitty coaches, no “we’ll look at the tape…”. He owns all responsibility and his players will run through a wall for him. PIT fans have been wanting him fired for years. I go to a lot of their games, a good friend of mine is a die hard PIT fan and we do group trips almost yearly. It has nothing to do with his coaching as to why most PIT fans want him out.

mezzavo, stinkyB and REVISion like this.
  12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Plus Tomlin has never had a losing season. Saleh's win percentage is around 30%. You get more leeway when you win a lot, go figure.

NCJetsfan, mezzavo and stinkyB like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Wait till you see what happens when the owner gives an incompetent GM a win now mandate...

14. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Winning? What is this "winning" that you speak of? Is that allowed in the NFL? :D

Exactly. Definitely looking forward to seeing how many of our picks are spent on aging veteran lineman who will be the 2024 versions of Lazard and Turner.

mezzavo and James Hasty like this.
  15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

So Pete Carrol and Mike Vrabel were not good enough to keep their jobs but Robert Saleh is good enough to keep his job?

As long as Robert Saleh keeps winning mire games than he loses, has an offense that is better than average, and continues to keep the penalties under control I guess his job is safe.

Not too many teams have a head coach that knows how to develop young quarterbacks like him.

mezzavo and jets_fan like this.
  16. mezzavo

Yeah, anyone who is from PA knows why the Pitt fans want Tomlinson fired and it DEFINITELY has nothing to do with football. I'd have to check my "isms" but it's one of those. That's a fact and a sad one at that. I'd KILL for a guy like Tomlinson to be head guy with the Jets. He'd park a boot up Bechton's ass so fast he'd shit shoe leather for a month!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. mezzavo

Which goes hand in hand with FUBAR! :D

18. mezzavo

Your posteth dripeth with sarcasm and I LOVE it!

Seriously, with the heads that are rolling right now how in the flying horse fuck does Johnson JUSTIFY keeping this shit show rolling with the same people?

James Hasty likes this.
  19. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot of good coaching options are gonna be available yet we will stay the course. :(

NCJetsfan, mezzavo, Ralebird and 4 others like this.
  20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Really wish we'd change course and go after Vrabel. It's a win-win, we upgrade and coach and piss off the Pats.

NY Jets68 likes this.