I can't believe he's bringing back Carter and all the other coaches

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 8, 2024.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's par for the course this this numbnuts team to not let a coach hire his own staff. It was the entire reason that McCarthy balked at the Jets job even though he really wanted to work here. (talk about bizarre)

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I can't remember, which bird had the broken wing - was it the eagle or the crow? They all died anyway, right?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

All them crows just fall off

4. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Is it the OL coach or the players? The saying "You can't polish a turd" comes to mind.

5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I can believe it

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

The offense was bad because Zach Wilson was bad. It continued to be bad because the Jets FO didn't hire anyone better as a replacement. I'm not a Rodgers fan. I wish the Jets had never gone this route. However, they did and we as fans have to gear up for a Rodgers comeback year which should include his coaches, for better or worse.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Last year they fire a creative OC because a young shitty QB didnt like him
    This year they don't fire a shitty OC because an old good QB likes him

#28 stinkyB, Jan 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We'll get it right sooner or later!

stinkyB likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Being a Jets Coach means never having to say you're sorry.

Cman68 and ouchy like this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Someone should grow a pair and say to Ray Lewis, "Hey, Ray, what is a flock of crows called? A MURDER! Nyuk nyuk nyuk, ya learn somethin' new everyday!"

13. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

I keep hitting refresh hoping (praying) someone asks the Jets to speak w/ Hackett for their HC opening. LOL. On a serious note, I am a bit surprised Ulbrich's name has not come up. Let's hope it stays that way.

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This kind of acceptance of mediocrity and not holding people accountable is a huge part of our problem. Our OL was one of the worst in the league, and there were others who also suffered injuries and yet were much better than we were.

But you see it here with Saleh not holding any of the offensive coaches accountable (I get Hackett is protected by AR but still…no consequences for ANYONE on that side of the ball is basically just condoning the performance)

Kind of the same from JD with respect to Saleh…”he’s the right man for the job”…uhm…why? What do you see that makes that so clear? Because it’s not on the field, that’s for sure. Arther Smith was hired the same year we hired Saleh…he went 7-10 three years in a row, which is better than what Saleh has done, and was fired this year. Mike Vrabel has had MUCH more success than Saleh including playoffs and winning record overall and was just fired by the Titans.

But us? Hey, our coach has a roughly .333 winning percentage? Yeah, cool, great. He’s the right man for the job! Our offenses have consistently been bottom 2 or 3? Awesome! We’ll win with defense!

It’s just an accountability thing…and it’s a problem

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Imagine the Jets were a real nimble fast acting franchise and fired Saleh & friends real quick to fly Vrabel in here on a private jet to roll out the red carpet for him.

16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Who said? We as fans don't have to do shit but hold this no good, useless turd of a team to task for not conducting their football operations to a point of even AVERAGE performance. THAT is what the Fans job is right now and for the foreseeable future.

17. mezzavo

This is about as "wishful thinking" as you can get! I'll ask...

WHEN?

ENTIRE generations have been born, lived and died with the Jets not doing Jack nor his good brother Shit.

NY Jets68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. mezzavo

Accountability! You so hit the nail on the head here. This organization has been a nasty, useless and terminal dumpster fire/shit show for so long that ANYTHING resembling a .500 winning percentage is, quite literally, like winning the Super Bowl!!!! Every single week Saleh trotted his useless ass to the podium and flapped his gums pumping up Wilson, among others, when any man, woman or child with ONE working eyeball could tell he was full of shit.

PENALTIES are a fantastic indicator of how well a man is coaching his team. We lead the league this year and was close to leading last year. Saleh spends ALL his time blowing sunshine up their asses so there is no time for ANY accountability. If the man can't hold his fucking players accountable why in the flying fuck would he bother to hold his coaches accountable?

19. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Typical inexperiencd leader approach to struggle with loyalty and accountability. Saleh is erring on the side of loyalty. Good leaders know you can have both, and performance rather relationship is the discriminator.

Jets79 and mezzavo like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I could live with that...

Ralebird likes this.