Jets Uniforms

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sackexchange, Jan 8, 2024.

1. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Since it's now official end of season shit-posting time, can we talk about the Jets awful uniforms? Aside from being as big of a failed re-brand as NEW Coke, this team has not had one shred of success since wearing these.

Is 2024 finally the year that the Jets switch to a reimagined version of the Klecko-era unis??

2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I actually like the helmets a lot, but the uniforms are terrible. And as you said, it has been nothing but Ringling Brothers since they brought these uniforms in.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Much as I hate the new uniforms... they aren't the reason the Jets suck.

mezzavo, ColoradoContrails and Jets69 like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Don’t franchises have rules for how frequently they can re-design their uniforms? I might be wrong but I thought it was every 5 years.

The NFL doesn’t want an overstock of Zach Wilson jerseys laying around with the old logo.

Jets79 likes this.
  5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

it is every 5 years…not sure how long we’ve had these new uni’s but it’s gotta be getting close

Personally, I love the new shade of green we have, and those helmets in that green are awesome.

I absolutely HATE the new logo, and I hate just putting the word JETS on the helmet…these new uni’s were an awful and unimaginative mess from start to finish other than that new shade of green.

Personally, I just like the classic helmet logo that Namath wore and Parcells brought back…I’d go back to that…go back to a white helmet or just slap that logo on the new green helmet I’m fine either way

6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I loved the throwbacks this year and would be happy to see them adopted full time, but I could also live with the new unis if they would just stick to white or green jerseys on white pants. I simply hate the endless combinations - all white, all black, all green, white on green, white on black, green on white, throwbacks…

7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It is every 5 years, which would mean that we should be eligible to change them for the upcoming season.

And I have no doubt that they're going to. They brought Rodgers in to sell a ton of merchandise, which they did, selling off a whole bunch of the current jerseys and hats and whatever. Now with him back, they can use him to sell all new merch, which would mean that those that went out and got their Rodgers jerseys last year will need to come back and get the look that they will actually see Rodgers in on the field since the ones from last year are pretty much obsolete at this point.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

These shitty uniforms are what this shitty team deserves. Maybe deserve to look good.

Woody's a-holes obviously made the choice that was least offensive to focus groups.

JohnnyJet and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah it's every 5 years and as crazy as it sounds, it's been 5 years now. We got these abominations in 2019, and we can get new uniforms this offseason.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I hope they bring back the Sack Exchange Era unis and FTLoG, change out that AWFUL HELMET LOGO once and for all..

Doreblade and KWJetsFan like this.
  11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The logo on the helmets might be the worst in all of sports. I still can't fathom the idea that the best they could come up with to rebrand the uniform was the words "Jets" with a football. It's like a kindergartener came up with it.

REVISion, AtlantaJet and Jets79 like this.
  12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm totally cool with that. I would just maybe add some white stripes with black outline down the center of the helmet. Seems like there's too much open space between the words "Jets".

Cman68 likes this.
  13. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i like the legacy ones and they should make the green version.

Sec124DieHard, Jets79 and jets_fan like this.
  14. jets_fan

The potential for new uniforms is really the only thing that we have to look forward to for the 2024 season. By bringing back the entire coaching staff, and more specifically the offensive staff, as well as Joe Douglas, Woody has signaled to us that he's fine with the playoff-less streak extending to a 14th season. But, at least we can look good while losing another 10+ games next year.

They need to take the throwbacks from this year (I would maybe add the sack exchange log above the number (kind of like the Cowboys, and I'm sure some others, have a wordmark or logo just above the numbers and below where the collar comes to a point), make a green version of it, and maybe an alternate helmet that is the throwback helmet from this year but inversed (white helmet, green logo), and call it a day. Even saw a mockup somewhere that took the throwbacks from this year but gave them the sleeves of the Namath and Parcells era jerseys that looked pretty cool, if they wanted to look to combine the two most popular looks. Regardless, they've got to do something to change these things. Put the Gase Era look behind us and move forward.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Gase era will only end when Gase's handpicked GM is sent packing. But I wouldn't mind better uniforms next year.

JohnnyJet and jets_fan like this.
  16. jets_fan

Agreed.

If we're going to suck next year, and we will, we can at least look good doing it, which would be an improvement over the last five years anyway.

JohnnyJet and NY Jets68 like this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the new Uniform Reveal Party!

The previous one went so well... :confused:

[​IMG]

18. The_Darksider

How do you know?

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Because we sucked before they changed them...

20. The_Darksider

It's gotta be the green.

Acad23 likes this.