New coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jojo, Dec 18, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think tomlin is a great coach too, but just to forewarn fans, his gameday management is low tier and he hasn't been able to move an offense once his HOF QB fell apart and retired. he fired his OC who wasn't the issue (same thing saleh did with MLF) and there is a good chance it's a repeat of what we have with saleh right now

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

all coaches need a QB both teams don’t even have an avg one. Tomlin can make way with avg and make it look good with the right OC. If Tomlin is low level in adjustments which I don’t really agree with. Then Saleh is beyond that and yet is still not fired. Saleh couldn’t hold his jock strap and I haven’t even seen him do anything remotely close to making any adjustments or coaching. At least with Tomlin I’ve seen him do it with my own two eyes. I have a lot of college buddies and friends who are Steelers fans from my days there. The ones that want him gone are a small few and aren’t very smart football guys. They think they will replace a good coach and get better results, when in reality they just need a new QB and OC with some credibility. They have some changes they need to make this offseason and I don’t think HC is one

3. GasedAndConfused

IDK what you've been watching but the steelers offense has been really bad since ben retired. not to mention the year he got hurt they were a bottom 5 offense.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I didn’t say it was good, I’m just saying any HC needs a decent QB. Clearly Rudolph and Pickett aren’t good at all. Even the best HC can’t do anything with them. Their limited obviously, my point is he’s still a good HC and actually makes adjustments unlike our cheerleader. I didn’t say they worked but he tries.

JetFanInNE and Jojo like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

I get that, I was just pointing out that a lot of the complaints fans have with saleh, tomlin has the same issues and he'd probably get run out of town pretty quickly.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The reality Is..

We aren't getting anyone to come Into this shit show of an organization worth a damn... The decisions that have been made thus far have only set us back even further.

It's inexcusable, I didn't think the fucking hole that this team had to climb out of could get any bigger. Yet, here we are. It makes me sick.

NCJetsfan and SOJAZ like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, like putting the Chieftain of the Visigoths in charge of Rome.:rolleyes:

No more Rex. It's like thinking your next drink will fix things this time.

8. ColoradoContrails

You can always go deeper.

NCJetsfan and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  9. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Feel free to pour me another shot of back-to-back AFC Title games any time.

10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Especially if that coach, as the OP stated, comes free because he was fired! lol
    If the coach is fired we BETTER NOT be giving up any picks for him. he heee

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

Spoken like a true Rexaholic!:p

NCJetsfan, SOJAZ and mezzavo like this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think you get it, Dean. The Jets are the bottom of the hole.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  13. mezzavo

I don't know...looks like Tepper in Carolina is going to try and give Woody a run for his money. That guy does NOTHING but meddle too. May be 31a and 31b in the shit show rankings. o_O

I guess things COULD be worse than what we have. He's on, what, his 2nd or 3rd coach in as many years?

Jets79 likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sure, just give Douglas and Saleh another year.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I took it to mean how many sacks the Jets OL allowed.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Add Wink Martindale to this list. Saleh/Hackett as a combination being retained for next year really sucks.

NCJetsfan, SOJAZ and jets_fan like this.
  17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Agreed. It sucks and, honestly, it's just disgusting. Woody has already signaled to the fanbase that we should give up on 2024 before it's even begun.

I could even take Saleh returning if they cleaned house on the offensive side of the ball, but not only are all of the offensive coaches coming back, we're being told by Saleh that he thought that the O-line coach did a great job? Seriously? Even people who don't pay any attention to football all year knows that the Jets o-line sucked and it wasn't all due to injuries.

18. mezzavo

The numb nut Struck, down in Tennessee, just gave New England a HUGE GIFT! If you don't think that Kraft is on the horn to Vrabel about coming "home" to replace Bill then I'll be a bump on a log!!! Vrabel is an outstanding HC and I can't BELIEVE he's on the street. If the Jets were a competent franchise they would be on the horn to Vrabel...

HomeoftheJets, SOJAZ and stinkyB like this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…Vrabel has won the division twice, made it to the championship game I believe, multiple playoff appearances, a winning overall record in 6 years. In EVERY respect he’s done more, accomplished more, and has better results and credentials than Saleh. Honestly even Arthur Smith with his three 7-10 seasons has a better record than Saleh.

Both guys were fired because their owners were not content….though I agree Tennessee made a mistake.

And yet here WE are, with a coach who, while he built a great D, doesn’t have a fucking clue on offense, and we are content to roll it ALL out again, hanging on to the “well, if AR were here, it’d be fine” excuse.

I’ve about had it with Saleh…nice guy, players seem to like him, all that is good, but you can’t keep trotting out bottom 3 offenses in this day and age…you just can’t.

I’d be just fine with a coaching change, and bringing in an offensive guy, which is what we should have done in the first place.

The only consolation is that both JD and Saleh are definitely on a WIN NOW mandate next year. You can hear it when JD mentioned it multiple times in his presser…We have Win…Record is not good enough…so at least next year will be it…either we win and make the playoffs or it feels like we would clean house then. Not sure if Woody would can JD and Saleh both or just one, but it sure feels like a housecleaning should come if we shit the bed again.

NCJetsfan, Jojo, SOJAZ and 1 other person like this.
  20. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Honestly, I prefer when head coaches focus on being a head coach, rather than play calling. I understand HC should have some say to over ride OC & DC calls, but when they are tied up making play calls, it can cause them to make mistakes due to worrying about too much at once. Rex Ryan comes to mind, he was basically calling defensive plays for the majority of his tenure and discipline & clock management was an issue.