Jets Fandom is Purgatory

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Jan 7, 2024.

1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I’m not too sure how else to describe rooting for this team.

Same story every year—because of the incompetence at the top.

Winning today was just idiotic—setting NE up with a top 3 pick in a great QB class is just NY Jet masterclass. We break a losing streak, at what cost? Another 15 years of not winning the division?

Going into next year, I see another 500 season at best.

Older injury prone QB, Offensive line with maybe 1 quality starter, 1 starting caliber WR (who’s a good #2 not #1) Bryce Huff is gone.

This team is trying to convince itself that it’s in “all in” or “win now” mode….maybe mediocrity mode.

A Rod couldn’t get to the SB with much better Packer teams.

We will end up blowing this thing up in 2025….just hope Woody sells by then.

I don’t know how anyone is celebrating today.

ouchy, cmcm750203, Jets79 and 7 others like this.
  2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Stopped reading when I read “1 WR (who’s a good #2 not a #1)”

nyjcanada, Pepsiguy5 and papapump like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah... Rodgers wasn't able to do it with a much higher class of organization, but he'll do it with... THE FUCKING JETS?!?!?!

Something tells me that this year was just a small preview of the true shitshow in 2024.

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Through the lens of misery

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

It was clear the Jets went all out to win as if it was the Super Bowl, including running Breece Hall 35 times, calling a time out before the half to force the patriots to run a fourth down play, and arguing over penalties – all in a meaningless game. None of that was prevalent in any of the games earlier in the season when it mattered.

So I hope all the sunshine boys have towels handy after their wet dreams tonight while the rest of us look at our crystal balls and see five years into the future when the Jets are still searching for a quarterback, and all three of the other teams in the division are alternating division titles.

The Jets brass is just so dumb and shortsighted.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We truly are the most reliably stupid franchise in sports. Whatever the wrong thing to do from a pragmatic standpoint is, you can be sure we'll do it.

How do you not lose the game today when you already know your job is secure at least until next year? It makes absolutely zero sense. It's not even like JD and Saleh were playing to save their jobs.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

But... Saleh beat Belichek! That should be good for a 5 year extension for him and a 7yr for the genius who put this juggernaut together.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't get the angst.

We all knew this season was in the shitter months ago.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Look at it this way byz.

Joe D - Next season will be his last if Jets miss the playoffs with or without Rodgers.
    Saleh - See above. He is gone too.
    Rodgers - He has a huge ego. If he can't catch success with Jets he will fall into oblivion.

So we will have a die or survive situation for our GM, HC and star QB.

Maybe next season will be different. I still have hope. That said, I feel deflated today. Fuck Joe D and fuck Saleh. Two incompetent buffoons turned this season into shit.

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It won't be. The 2024 season was lost on Christmas Eve when Woody announced everyone was back. The only way he even has a chance to save it is to change his mind and fire everyone tomorrow. The current regime is not even remotely capable of getting this team to the playoffs, let alone a Super Bowl.

2025 is the earliest we can have any hopes of climbing out of this hole that Christopher Johnson dug for us.

ouchy, Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Saleh will have a towel tonight too.

12. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I agree with this line of thinking…

First off…hard to remember a time when I felt SO disgusted by a win…maybe never. If ever there was a time to lose a meaningless game…the top one would have been that Gase season to get Trevor Lawrence, but this is the second. This win means NOTHING…and instead will drop us down in the draft unnecessarily while putting NE in a much better position to go get a much needed QB.

Totally moronic.

However, there IS something nice about having all three above on a do or die…Rodgers, Saleh, and JD. Next year HAS to be a playoff mandate…if we don’t make it, they are ALL gone. At least that aligns.

But man what a stupid fucking win that means nothing to this year and just serves to hurt next year by screwing our draft position

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Funny you should mentioned that. Now Jets fans will get to learn why it's a terrible idea to employ a should-already-be-fired GM and give him a playoff mandate. Hopefully the 2027 QB class will be strong because that might just be the next time we'll have a first round pick.

The_Darksider and REVISion like this.
  14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s been said before, but there is no way the team was going to go out there and try to lose. Players don’t care about a draft pick. It is what it is. Let’s just see what they put together for next season. A lot of talent on this team .

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Also, doesn't purgatory mean you'll eventually get out? And isn't there a different word for the place that you won't get out of?

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I didn’t even bother turning that shit on today. The minute that Woodruff doubled down on bringing back the Three Stooges I basically decided to shut it down for the rest of the year and am still on the fence if I’m even going to bother next year. I can GUARANTEE you they are going to look exactly like this in 2024.

It’s simply clown show bad that this would be the year/game to finally snap that shitty streak against the Patriots. Of course they would do it when it would potentially hurt them the absolute most. This team gets NOTHING right…EVER. Nothing but a shitty organization that treats the city and we fans like the lemmings we are.

Signing off to go watch a real team play football and let this nightmare of a shitty clown show wash away from my psyche.

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Usually…

Unfortunately, I can sit here and tell you that this team will not see the + side of the win column for at LEAST another half to a full decade or more.

I wonder…what is the longest playoff drought streak in modern history? What, 20…30 years. Now THAT is a streak the Jets are capable of embracing. They sure as hell don’t embrace winning, a winning mentality nor a winning organization. NOW I’m signing off to go watch REAL football teams and players play REAL football.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Jets won 7 games this year. With a healthy Rodgers, decent backup , wr addition, and healthy / improved oline next year………

I get being a darksider, but cmon

RevisIsland18 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think people in hell are probably told they are in purgatory. There is a supposed end to that so you keep pushing through the torture.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The Jets are a bottom 5 team by point differential this year, which is more predictive of future record than simple W-L. We are not as good a team as our record indicates.