Further to the Jets not being prepared....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Jan 4, 2024.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Earlier in the season after the Jets were torched by Micah Parsons, the defensive staff stated that it didn't realize just how fast Parsons was. As if there wasn't this recent invention called film that they could rely upon.

Now this. Hackett didn't realize Breece Hall was so good in the passing game until nearly halfway through the season.

I mean, is this real life? These guys don't know what they have, don't know what they're going against, they admit it to the press, and yet all of their jobs are safe.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Rodgers will cure all of this dysfunction with a wave of his golden arm.

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

We are so screwed again next year, aren't we? (That will be 14 and counting)

4. The_Darksider

Yes. Yes we are.

mezzavo, SOJAZ, ouchy and 2 others like this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We traded up for him because he was a threat in a passing game, and not just on the ground like Kenneth Walker. he was a huge receiving threat last year. Hack is just not an intelligent OC. We need to get rid of him. We really need a new OC!

A couple of interesting reads:
    https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/01/04/ny-jets-hackett-rank-nfl-offensive-coaches/
    https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/01/03/ny-jets-offense-robert-saleh-claim-improvement/

6. The_Darksider

Jets Factor is over my head a lot of the time, a lot of analytical statistics that I can't even begin to correlate to what I see. But when I look at Hackett's rankings and everything is 31 or 32 except for one category, I don't need to know what the statistic is.

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This is a case where you don't need to see analytics to know the guy absolutely stinks.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The_Darksider likes this.
  10. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

There was no accountability for the coaches this year, why would you expect preparation?

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

“Failure to Prepare is Preparing to Fail”

ColoradoContrails, Cman68 and SOJAZ like this.
  12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

But... he calls the red zone the gold zone! He must be an offensive genius!

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have never found any of that Austin Powers garbage funny, I know I can't be alone. Mike Myers can be funny, but that stuff was just like 2 hours of heavy reaching every time to me.

This may be my favorite Mike Myers performance. He's actually a really good straight man.

Jonathan_Vilma, Acad23 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Breece is the most targeted RB in the league with 93 targets. He also has the most receiving yards with 579. He does get a few more targets per game after the Giants, but we still went 2-7 after that.

This sounds more like a lame excuse than idiocy. Or maybe both.

mezzavo likes this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Definitely both. Hack just doesn't strike me as intelligent coordinator. From the very beginning it was clear Duane was washed. This should have been determined in practice, and yet when we saw him everyone knew. Yet he still played him until he happened to get hurt by pure luck and we actually had a decent line for a few games until AVT was hurt. He also was planning to start Wes, who was awful in preseason (and then later in the season). Again, by luck he was hurt, so Tipp ended up starting. Uzomah played bad since day 1. And yet he was finally benched for Ruckert, who was better, only when he was hurt. Same with Cook - took way to long to remove snaps.

The guy appears to be a moron, I am sorry to say, when it comes to the roster management or play calling. He looks competent at helping a good OC designing some plays and run errands, which was his job with MLF in GB. But he is completely out of his depth now - he is just not intelligent enough to handle his current role. It's a classic example of Peter principle, does not get any more obvious than that.

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

You play like you practice... In conjunction, the GP per game is atrocious. I mean they never ever try to exploit the weakness of their opponents. U expect this from HS FBC not NFL coaches. Its laughable watching them get out coached almost weekly, if not weekly, and then you have to listen to the inept HC espouse his platitudes... What a chit show....

ColoradoContrails, LAJet and Borat like this.
  17. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

In all fairness to this coaching staff, Rich Kotite was a much better OC than Hackett. And who hired Hackett?

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think that's when I realized that Kanye was bat-shit crazy...