Breece Hall

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Jan 2, 2024.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Can you imagine what this guy would do with a real offense?

[​IMG]

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Most yards from scrimmage after week 17

Christian McCaffrey 2023
    CeeDee Lamb 1757
    Tyreek Hill 1732
    Puka Nukua 1534
    James Cook 1515
    AJ Brown 1447
    Rachaad White 1446
    Travis Etienne 1397
    Breece Hall 1395

Kid is a super star

blackssmagic likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'd be excited, but I know the Jets will ruin the prime of his career.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

And this is without a real QB making defenses not stack the line against the Jets.

HomeoftheJets, REVISion and NY Jets68 like this.
  5. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I hate your statement only because it is so true. This franchise never seems to get anything right. Keep pushing the boulder up the hill.

sackexchange likes this.
  6. dawinner127

And off an acl injury. The year 2 jump of returning to form coming off an acl injury is pretty staggering as well.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think this was because the line could not block and we have one receiving threat more than a real QB. Look at what Flacco is able to do with a good OC and average o-line.

We need to stop if we only had decent QB play. The offense of failure is more on the scheme theO-line and the lack of receiving weapons.

NY Jets68 and ouchy like this.
  8. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

2 surprises to me on that list... Nukua the biggest... no one saw this production coming. White looks more a compiler 3.7 yds / att is ok, not great

9. dawinner127

Healthy all year + decent receiving back. Nacua would have been picked higher but I’m pretty sure injury history in college did him no favors. Incredible year from him nonetheless

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well cval, you are right my friend. I wasn't putting all blame on QB. OL sucked and play calling sucked too. Let me rephrase it then. If we had a functioning passing attack, Hall would probably be Top 3.

mezzavo, ouchy and cval like this.
  11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Pisses me off. "Technically speaking," from a carries standpoint, he's really only finishing his first year. These backs are only good for 3 to 5 years then they are usually mostly used up. This team IS GOING to waste the two or three best years of his career on a piss poor team, a 40+ year old QB and a shit ass offensive coordinator that couldn't scheme his way out of a wet paper bag.

From his perspective, I'll bet your ASS he's thanking his lucky stars he went in the 2nd round. He can leave this thankless organization at the end of 4 years and hopefully land with a contender in year 5 before he hits the "wall" too hard. Who knows, maybe he gets lucky and JD, the useless turd, trades him prior to year 4.

Simply sad that I even have to say something like this. Hall should remain a Jet for his career but my guess is he RUNS from this team when he gets the chance.

Cman68, teamgreen, nycarl and 2 others like this.
  12. abyzmul

I want to know how many of those yards were pointless runs up the middle on a stacked box that he turned outside by himself with no blockers and made into a solid gain/first down. I know there were at least 4 solid runs like that but there were probably more before I realized he was doing it. One was the touchdown he had against Wash.

13. dawinner127

Breece hall has 4 runs of 30+ yards gained over expected-- the most in the NFL (washington was one of them, good call)

"Hall has earned 81 rushing yards over expected (RYOE), ranking as the 12th-most among running backs. On a per-carry basis, Hall is averaging 0.5 RYOE per carry, ranking fifth among the 30 running backs with at least 150 carries.

As a receiver, Hall has racked up 130 yards after catch over expected (YACOE), ranking as the second-most among running backs behind only Rachaad White."

Here are the top 14 running backs in total yards over expected (RYOE + YACOE):
    [​IMG]

Hate plugging Nania b/c I think he's a fucking twat but all the info is from his article here --
    https://jetsxfactor.com/2023/12/22/ny-jets-breece-hall-top-rb-2023/#:~:text=Breece Hall is one of,with at least 150 carries.

abyzmul likes this.
  14. dawinner127

1590 scrimmage yards
    9 touchdowns
    76 receptions
    One year off an acl.
    Worst qb play in the league.
    Worst OL play in the league.

Prepare for takeoff. Breece will be in CMC conversation next year. Book it.

nevbeats319, Pepsiguy5 and cmcm750203 like this.
  15. abyzmul

I like making fun of Nania but the truth is the amount of work that guy does to educate himself and actually analyze the game is impressive and will probably lead to him getting a legit gig.

nycarl and REVISion like this.
  16. dawinner127

He just became such an asshole with an ego because he runs some shitty website

Ralebird and abyzmul like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't like Nania because he prioritizes getting clicks by telling Jets fans what they want hear over telling the truth.

dawinner127 and abyzmul like this.
  18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

No he won’t. He’s going to have the exact same problem he had this year meaning he will equal or do worse. My guess is this coaching staff isn’t “done” gutting this team and, with one more year under Hackett and Carter, I’m guessing Breece takes a massive step backwards next year.

jets_fan likes this.
  19. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Agreed. This fantasy that Rodgers being back next year will make everything better is just nonsense. Rodgers, Hall, and the rest of them, need a decent O-line to make the leap. They're not going to get it. After a half decade of making the O-line somehow worse, why would anyone expect that Douglas will get it all fixed in one offseason? Makes no sense.

20. dawinner127

The QB play and OL play cannot be worse than it was this year. He is another year off an ACL injury. The medical history for players in year 2 off an acl is staggering.

If there’s one thing to be exciting about next year it’s Breece hall. Lighten up.

nevbeats319 likes this.