uStadium Rumor: Saleh, Hackett and Joe Douglas to Return for 2024 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 23, 2023.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

But all the other ones are coming back specifically because you can’t fire Hackett. Fire JD? New GM wants new coach>New coach wants new staff>Hackett fired= Rodgers leaves. Keep JD, fire Saleh>new coach wants new staff>Hackett fired= Rodgers leaves.

Honestly I give these guys credit. They have literally masterminded a means of keeping their jobs for years regardless of how incompetent they are so long as Rodgers keeps saying “I think I have at least 2 years left in the tank”. We’ve managed to employ the slimiest, most selfish, and manipulative FO we’ve ever seen. They’re the NFL FO/Coaching staff version of Covid. They’ve literally infected this team and convinced us they’re the cure.

JohnnyJet, SOJAZ, ouchy and 3 others like this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Thank god for the rangers.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

not much we can do, but wait til the end result at this point. It is what it is, and if there is a silver lining… we have a great defense, a motivated Aaron Rodgers as our qb, garret wilson, breece and Izzy. And a staff that has to know that not only is next year make or break, but they need to have the offensive offseason of their lifetime.
    It all seems bad right now, but I’ll just hope that they decided they were waving this season as soon as Rodgers went down. Not saying it’s right, but since they didn’t sign another capable qb, I don’t see it any other way.
    Far be it from me to be positive…and I wouldn’t argue the contrary, because after 40 years I know better. But if there’s no hope , why bother?

And I haven’t had any eggnog yet

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Just insane if thats true

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

2-13 in December. Oof

JohnnyJet likes this.
  6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Championship

JohnnyJet likes this.
  7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you are correct. I have to believe that Woody Johnson, who I think is absolutely this stupid, will not be this stupid and realize that throwing away two entire seasons is enough. I wouldn't bet on FanDuel that the end of 2024 will be when this disaster is addressed, but I am holding out hope.

JohnnyJet and ouchy like this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Saleh can't call plays. Which means he needs to find someone that does. Someone who knows he will only get one year in case it doesn't work. And Saleh failed to find OC twice under much better circumstances. We have to move on from all these clowns, not just Hack.

JohnnyJet, SOJAZ, ouchy and 1 other person like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Saleh's original OC choice MLF was not the problem. And the odds that Saleh voluntarily fired his own friend for Rodgers's horribly incompetent friend so Woody/Douglas could land Rodgers are very slim.

mezzavo and BacktoQueens like this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

MILF was fired on merit. Yes, compared to Hack he looks amazing. Who doesn't? Gase looks amazing too. But the fact is, offense was shit then too. We were like 28-29 for two years in a row. Just because we were not 32 doesn't mean MILF was any good. Now, we can blame JD for that, and really we should, and that is true as well, but under this scenario JD stays too. My point is, whoever comes in will have JD also, like MILF did, plus a 1 year mandate. This is just a bad situation to be in. We need to clean house, all these patches have a very small likelihood to succeed.

11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I'm not usually one for hysterics but I'm really close to not following this team closely any longer. Just can't stand seeing the same stupid things repeated ad nauseam.

SOJAZ and mezzavo like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bringing back Saleh = dumb
    Bringing back Douglas = very dumb
    Bringing back Hackett = truly insane

JohnnyJet, SOJAZ, Borat and 2 others like this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Let's see if they bring in an "advisor" to help Hackett run the offense and avoid the embarrassment of them firing one of Aaron's buddies.

#33 abyzmul, Dec 24, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You neglected to mention our brick wall OL, sorry…my bad. We need two starting tackles and an OG plus real NFL depth in that area. AR is not going to tolerate or survive very long the unblocked sackes time and time again.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

This thread went from sad to scary. And I get it. The desperation is as thick as the incompetence. If we don't go a new direction this offseason we might kiss the rest of the 20s down the drain.

Hackett runs an offense so bad it made Russell Wilson look like a 3rd stringer.
    Saleh is realizing HC don't win games by cheering louder.
    JD's in year 4 of 10+ losses and is desperately trying to cobble his broken plan.
    Johnson views Rodgers like teenage girls view Taylor Swift.

This is our Jetsy FO.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

The only problem with this iswho played QB... when others played and the OL was somewhat comptent, the O look ok.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

This is no surprise at all. In reality the season ended 4 snaps in. It makes sense to give it another run.

18. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Aaron Rodgers does not have the pulse of the locker room. He hasn’t been in the room most of the year and it’s not like the rank and file treat him like a regular player.

These two are still employed because Aaron Rodgers for all his warts is a loyal guy. He feels like he owes it to these guys to protect them.

19. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

Well then, it is going to add more losses to Saleh's record, Saleh should have been fired

20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The big issue Isn't even the disappointing season that will no doubt still happen next year, even with Aaron Rodgers. Given he actually plays more than 4 plays next season.

The real issue Is, again, allowing a must win now staff make crucial offseason decisions for this team. If this doesn't work, which by all accounts, It sure as fuck doesn't seem like It's going to work out. We are allowing a staff that knows they have to win, to go all In, In anyway they want, with no regard for the future or the fans. They will be desperate, trying to save their jobs.

When has that scenario ever ended well, with any team?

This team Is a joke. This ownership Is even worse than a joke.

The writing Is on the wall, It's so obvious at this point.

Insanity. What's that definition again?