Fire Joe Douglas 2023-24 Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Nov 19, 2023.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hard to predict the injuries, especially in Tucker's case, but essentially he's missed on his 1st 3 draft picks; even worse considering the Zach pick could've been parlayed into a roster restocking haul....

2. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

If Joe D is kept(Which is expected) it will be a tough job for the PR/Marketing team of the Jets

Imagine watching One Jets Drive and or clips of Joe D alluding confidence in the future when he has accomplished absolutely nothing

It's going to be laughable

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they did it last offseason though and they did it pretty well. They sold us a team that was ready to compete

4. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know we've experienced many disasters like this previously- but they oversold the hype this time.

It will be tough to do that (2) years in a row, and for any fan to take them for face value until they see a different result.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not really.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

easier to pull off when your team was competitive with competent QB play and you've just traded for a first ballot hall of famer....

7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

it is? why and by whome? (sources)

8. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I have no faith in Woody

9. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

win 2 of 3? jajajajajaja

next up, eeny meeny miney and mo to lead the jets

10. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

it’s probably why the Jets wanted season ticket, money, upfront before the season even ended. Basically extortion from the fans to keep paying for all this nonsense. The worst part is the fans will keep supporting this and keep sending their money in what a joke

abyzmul, Jets79 and REVISion like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Rodgers like this CS/FO so nothing changes no matter what the record says.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Courtesy of Joe Caporoso

Borat, HomeoftheJets, ouchy and 2 others like this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

People always point the the crown jewel of 2022, but this staff have proven that they don't know how to use most of those players.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

This is pretty TERRIBLE that he's actually hit on high draft picks (for the most part) and the staff is bumbling through seasons.

15. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Dear God, this is fucking awful..
    1. We should have known Becton was going to bust when the 1st highlight ESPN showed after he was drafted wasn't even a football highlight. They showed a basketball highlight and I got ridiculed by friends...

2. As bad as 2020 was, 2021 was worse. The haul we could have gotten for that 2nd overall pick would have been enormous. Instead, we ended up with maybe the biggest bust QB in history.

3. 2022 was very good.

4. 2023 could still be ok, but it does not look good. Why the hell they drafted d line edge in the 1st round when they are loaded at that position is beyond me.

His drafts have been mostly bad and his o line is one of if not the worst in the league. Who they kept vs who they let go is a fireable offense in itself.

Oh and the #1 worst indictment on his tenure is they are still fucking awful. Your are what your record says you are and the Jets under Douglas are just as embarrassing as they were before he got here.

16. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I rarely defend Zach Wilson, but this is not even close to true. There are multiple guys who went at 1 and barely played, and he's not even the worst number two pick. Go look at Ryan Leaf's stats.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

2020 draft was possibly the worst in Jets history and that's saying something.

and then its followed up with massive bust with the 2nd overall pick the next year. That's just insane. How does the guy responsible for that keep his job? no way

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  18. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I don't believe JD is the one to blame for Wilson, I feel Saleh is. With the QB situation unstable as it was, I can't imagine a situation where a coach agreeing to come to the Jets, doesn't get the last word on who he wants as his QB. Saleh is the one responsible for wins on the field. JD's fate is dependent on Saleh's success, therefore the choice of QB should have been left with Saleh. If it wasn't, and none of us know for sure what happened, it's a reason to doubt whether this organization is run correctly.

19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Awful, awful, good, awful.

I'm not even sure 2022 was as good as most think because trading up for JJ and Hall was arguably a mistake. Sauce and Wilson were great picks, as is expected when taking guys that high.

ouchy and JetDan like this.
  20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting! I like looking at it this way…AVT getting hurt really dampens 2021, but when he’s played he’s been pro bowl quality, and he only got hurt when we had to move him to tackle which isn’t his natural position in the NFL. Would be curious to see how that hit rate compares to other GMs in the same time span so we could get an objective look.

Also, would love to see the free agent signings in the same format underneath these to give a better idea of his team building…we have guys like Quincy, Huff, and Reed who have all been very good to supplement the draft. Of course, he’s also had some bad free agent signings too

But to me, that’s the way to analyze this…and then you have to factor in the coaching staff and their impact on these guys as well.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.