Jets have informed Wilson that he will be traded....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 9, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

apparently not. stop being such an emotional wreck dude. calm down.

yeah basically. just the whole picture. how the roster looks as a whole. there isn't a single position group that isn't better off now then it was before. maybe safety you can argue since he started with young and prime maye and adams.it's not like he took over a team that had a FQB and a decent defense and money to spend and really just needed to fix the o-line and failed. he needed to fix the entire team, coaching staff, and cap.

2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

it can be pretty funny...when i can see the one side of an argument of someone who is not blocked, and not see the blocked persons part.....

stop responding to these ________, people!

3. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

hahaha

Hey man, hear it from your guy, not me about the standard Joe D wants us to hold him too.

12:15- must watch clip

Ralebird, Borat and abyzmul like this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Well, I would argue this year there wasn't that much effort to address OT either, after Orlando Brown turned them down. Downgraded and pissed away 1st round pick without getting OT, in the 4th instead of slightly moving up to get all American Dawand Jones, who slipped, actually traded back to take significantly lesser, injury prone, and older talent in Warren, then signed injury prone OT who sucked last year in Billy Turner. Basically he was happy to roll with Max and Duane at both Tackle starting spots. So, yes, efforts have failed when he made them and also inability to realize they failed caused lack of effort and inevitable terrible outcome this year.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

LOL, work tirelessly to achieve highest standard. Why was he sitting on his ass instead of getting Ezra Cleveland for 6th round pick and change? Did nothing to get 2nd WR after Davis announced retirement in August. I just think JD may have burnt out. He was actually trying before. Now he is just sitting on his ass and signing absolute scrubs like Staffold (where is this guy) instead of being aggressive to help his QB and offense. Maybe it is long negotiations with GB that took its tall, but this year he was mostly sitting on his ass and just feels burnt out.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

When all is said and done... results matter.
    Joe Douglas hasn't put together a winning team in four years of trying.

That's failure in anyone's book.

Go Jets!

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The sad part is he is the best GM we had in years

ColoradoContrails and Jets79 like this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yes that’s true…he is absolutely the best we’ve had since Tannenbaum for sure.

In the end, results DO matter, and I’m thinking next year … assuming he does return … HAS to be a playoff year, right? Like 13 years with no playoffs being the longest drought in all the major sports HAS to end.

His seat will be red hot.

By the way, I think he’s smart enough to see the OL has to be fixed once and for all and I really think he will address it. I expect him to sign a starting caliber OT in free agency and then I would also expect him to use a high draft pick on the position as well.

There are still 4 games to go and we’ll see what happens, especially as a lot will depend on what pick we end up with after these next 4 games, but I expect a lot of attention on OL. We need 2 new tackles…I think Becton is gone unless he stays on a relatively cheap deal. I think Brown is gone for sure. Not sure either Warren or Mitchell should start, and I’m not sure if we’d keep them both as backups, but Turner has to go. Probably keep one of Warren or Mitchell. I would not be surprised to see a restructure on Laken to free up cap space. I would also hope AVT can come back and just keep him at OG. C is fine with Tippman and CMG. Just need a couple of tackles.

He should be able to address that…

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Lmao you could make a better case he’s the worst.
    No one has had worst results.
    And the only one as strategically challenged, and as QB decision challenged, that could give him a run might be Idzik.
    They were both good at leaving head coaches twisting in the wind and taking the media heat for them too.

Sad thing is I’m not entirely sure we should fire him, despite his performance and strategic decisions being beyond fireable for his work the last 5 years.
    The reason being I have no confidence in the Johnsons finding an improvement.
    Until we get a board of football people overseeing the position of GM and challenging them on strategic decisions, this team is going to continue to struggle.
    They need an identity that transcends the position.

#209 BacktoQueens, Dec 14, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
  10. GasedAndConfused

he said exactly what you want him to say. not sure the point your making here

11. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Hold him to a higher standard! He would be disappointed in you!

12. GasedAndConfused

that doesn't make any sense

13. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

It does but you don't want it to. Go Jets!!!

14. GasedAndConfused

whatever standard I hold someone to doesn't matter in the result so thats why it makes no sense
    you always want your players and GMs and coaches to try to improve and not be stagnant or content so he said what he is supposed to
    I really think fans don't remember what a dumpster fire the roster was in 2019 compared to now.

15. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

You're entitled to your standard and what you expect the team to be.

However, I am aligned with the standard Joe D wants us fans to hold the team to. Improving year over year and getting to the point where we're in the SB conversation every year.

Unfortunately, we just haven't reached that standard yet! We'll get there- onto year 6

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The defense and special teams are good, so I'll take Douglas over Maccagnan. But Idzik got only two years, drafted the best of our four young QBs since Pennington, and his 4-12 final season was at least in part because he was trying to save resources for future years. He blew the 2014 draft, but it isn't like Douglas (or Maccagnan) haven't also blown drafts. So there's a good case for Idzik over Douglas. And of course there's an indisputable case for Tannenbaum over Douglas, though you may not have been including Tannenbaum in your post.

17. GasedAndConfused

i mean we were in the standard zone until Rodgers got hurt. we were 6th favorite to win the SB based on odds. every "analyst" had us in their top 10 for power rankings before the season started so he must be doing somehting right.
    all he can do is put together the roster, he can't control coaching on the field or play calling or injuries.
    I think JD has been overall our best GM in a long time. after parcells retired so since 2001 we've had in order bradway, tennenbaum, idzik, maccagnan, and douglas. I think poor coaching decisions have hurt the team to be performing worse then they should be. we've also been really unlucky with injuries and funny enough so have the giants. they replaced the turf this past offseason due to player complaints but this year it still seems too many injuries happen to us.

18. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Idzik traded a decent pick (3rd or 4th) for Percy Harvin on an expiring contract when the team was already out of playoff contention. That alone takes him out consideration and at best puts him as yet another victim of the Jets front office making panic moves to satisfy the public.

19. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

@GasedAndConfused - honest question: do you not recognize when someone is messing with you and trying to be humorous versus truly trying to argue with you? I've seen several examples where people were clearly just busting your balls (including me multiple times) and you took it completely seriously.

I'm not trying to belittle you in any way at all, I'm just curious whether you realize that you may often not recognize humor in a general sense.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Douglas won an offseason championship for sure. too bad that's meaningless. Lets not hang any banners please