Aaron Rodgers: “There is a rat in the building”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 5, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

she said rodgers walked in with a wishlist. rodgers said flat out it never happened. he said he never asked for any players. he said the GM asked him his opinion on some players and he gave it.
    thats pretty clear of him being accused of something and him saying it's false.
    I get that but rodgers flat out said he never requested or asked for any players. so if a source said that they lied or you can tin foil hat and say rodgers is lying but rodgers isn't the type to shy away from his actions as we've seen it would be out of character for him

2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

You will stand your ground and post 240 times on the same subject unless you are proven wrong with a fact. You have never once, ever, backed down from an opinion or an interpretation of something subjective.

Look at you taking the word literally. You act like everybody was under the assumption that he walked into an office, handed them a piece of paper with a bunch of names on it, and walked out expecting it to be done. Lol what probably happened, since you're so keen on piecing things together and assuming situations, was that Rodgers had some conversations both initiated by him and initiated by others about what players would be good fits, he gave them some names, and then those names got out.

There's no way that was an educated guess. What would the point be of making such a guess anyway? Let's start with that. Do you think it was interesting enough as click bait on its own for people to go crazy talking about that list? It really only became a thing after it came true. And it would have to be a hell of a guess for her to hit on Lazard when he got here weeks before Aaron did.

And stop right there, don't even pretend the Jets went after Lazard for any other reason then because Aaron Rodgers was coming here, or even more so, that he would sign here if Aaron Rodgers wasn't.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He isn’t? I mean is he not the guy that tried to deceptively use the word immunized to say he was vaccinated? Or how he’s cryptically wanted to retire damn near every year to get more money?

Neither of those things bother me for what it’s worth. But I wouldn’t exactly stand behind him as the ultimate truther either.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's very twicky, that Aaron Rodgers!

[​IMG]

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That gun turned Elmer Fudd into a black man.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"A lying rat?" You must have better sources than the professionals.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Of course you don't, that might interfere with the real facts you get from Reddit.

JohnnyJet and BrowningNagle like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

he's very outspoken. he's anti-vax and wanted to play so he did basically what the reporter did and had plausible deniability. I think thats a huge difference in making a decision between giving up the game you love or forcing something into your body that you are fully against. the fact he openly comes out and does the wishy washy retirement thing (maybe he learned it from favre) makes it more likely. even with the immunization thing he didn't deny it at all. I don't think i've seen him deny anything crazy he's done ever.

the issue is some people are making this loop where the reporter can't be wrong. it's like the nonsense you guys were saying about me being another poster from a decade ago. I denied it because it's simply not true but you can come back with "well your lying" like I said, people can believe what they want.

If we take things at face value rodgers said he never requested any players or asked for any players. a more likely take is we hired hackett as OC, and hackett dictated what players he wanted for his system. and those players included some from when he was in GB including lazard, rodgers, boyle, cobb , etc. thats what every OC does.if it wasn't rodgers and say his QB was mayfield in GB nobody would be saying mayfield requested all his buddies. thats why the whole thing seems so odd. instead of the obvious thing that every team does, jet fans have to make it some conspiracy.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

The only one making it into a conspiracy is you dude. I’m not really getting into it all though because it’s just ridiculous at this point.

10. GasedAndConfused

thats just a bold faced lie. some of my favorite conversations here are when people actually discuss plays and i may be like this is supposed to go here and someone may go well look at that which suggest it's supposed to do this and i'm like yeah that makes sense.

I literally said we were getting lazard before it happened because we hired hack and were chasing rodgers. I have 0 sources. it was obvious as hell. several people here said it too. I wasn't the only one. reporters always link their rumors for free agents. it's common practice.

Every team when they hire a new OC or coach they like to have "their guys" who know their system and bring them in. we hired hackett. it's very likely he had JD target people he anted for his offense and those people would mostly come from GB including rodgers. when we hired gase we brought in gore and drafted mims and signed an aging demaryious thomas. every team does it. not everything is a conspiracy theory. most teams operate business as usual but I guess that doesn't grab headlines. how is hackett getting a bunch of ex packers any different from gase doing the same thing?

11. GasedAndConfused

that tin foil hat sure looks good on you bud. keep feeding their clicks

Ralebird likes this.
  12. The_Darksider

A lie? lol the best you can do is say my perception is off, but a lie? No.

And there is no need to defend Hackett bringing his guys here, that wasn't what this is about. You are turning it into someone criticizing him for doing so. This is about a group of players named by a reporter. Nothing else.

13. GasedAndConfused

of course not. you just like to stoke the fire and walk away.

all I said is she isn't credible enough to take her word on things and nobody else reported it and players denied it. so thinking that 50+ people are all involved in some cover up is crazier then thinking 1 person tried to spin a comment maybe someone made to her in order to get attention

14. The_Darksider

Well, she wasn't wrong. Whether it was an educated guess, inside information, or random luck like chimpanzees making Beethoven over the course of time, she was correct.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

it is a lie. i've been one of the most flexible people here. hell look at all the stuff you are saying. I can say your digging in, you never change your mind etc. how are you being any different from me so why is it i'm never willing to change. I've never seen you change your mind on anything but I wouldn't say you never did because I haven't seen every comment you've made but yet you did that to me.

and it's not the players. it's the fact the reporter made it sound like rodgers at minimum, asked for some players. he said he never did. i said it's more likely hackett asked for him because every OC does that. the issue with the reporting is it can't be proven so you can throw any educated guess out and gloat when your right and if your wrong just go "it fell through"

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Uh I didn’t stoke the fire and walk away. I already proved a bunch of your quick google search and Reddit links of fan comments to slander a reporter were complete bullshit.

But that’s why I’m not litigating this again with you because you’re wrong and you just ran right by that message and started talking about how Reddit is sometimes credible because of some story of a guy overhearing something was true.

I still haven’t seen anyone say it wasn’t true other than Wilson himself (obviously he has to for the sake of his NFL career).

Ralebird likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think its funny that you are a conspiracy theorist if you consider that a respected journalist's report may be true and NOT a conspiracy theorist if you think she is lying haha

18. GasedAndConfused

she was 50% right. she got half the names. hell i don't think we ever even entertained lewis as an option. and we didn't sign OBJ but we brought him in.
    schefter reported it to but you know, like a real reporter does. the fact nobody else form another place reported this makes it sketchy. lots of people reported the FAs we were going after

19. The_Darksider

Considering you're the only one I indulge in these types of conversations with, I would say that you're probably correct and that I've never changed my mind because you haven't been able to change it. lol most of your debates are you moving the goal posts and making it about something different than what was originally pointed out.

In this particular case, you're attacking a reporter for being correct, and then making things up about what her intent was based on what you want that intent to be.

JohnnyJet and Ralebird like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well that settles it haha, if Rodgers is denying, he must be believed

JohnnyJet, Ralebird and The_Darksider like this.