Zach Wilson named starter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 6, 2023.

1. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Ah boy, 35 years as a Jets fan and they keep finding new ways to fail. It is absolutely astounding how they manage to invent new ways to fail in the same ways. We are about to waste the defense and spend another decade rebuilding aren't we..........

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Did you get one of the new ones that can only show one channel?

Cman68 likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why should the fans believe it now more than any other time?

4. Tamba_Trio

Tamba_Trio Active Member

WE'VE HAD EIGHT STRAIGHT LOSING SEASONS AND SACKED OUR GM ONCE!!!!!!
    (And, even then, he had to be stabbed in the back by the HC before we got rid of him).

We gave Bowles 2 seasons after he'd proven he was rubbish (Buffalo canned Rex even though his record was better than our HC). Coffee Mike... If we'd sacked him in 2017 - after the Hack pick, Fitz taking him to the cleaners and the team imploding - maybe we'd have had a sane human being as GM. You know, someone who doesn't pick a psychotic safety ahead of Patrick Bloody Mahomes.

Hell, Adam Gase came for an interview and it took us two years to get him out the building.

We keep HCs and GMs far, far too long. And, what's worse, we always let them blame offensive coordinators so they can squirt out every last bit of juice from us.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I wanted to publicly apologize to the entire Jets fan base as I take full responsibility for this miserable season. As a Mets Jets Knicks and rangers fan since 1995, I've never experienced a championship.

I fell for the hype and this was the first season I got my season tickets. Needless to say, I left the first game at halftime and have not been back since. This disaster is completely my fault and putting this trash back at quarterback makes it easy for me not to care for the rest of the season and focus on other things in life.

6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I wish I had known you before the season, I would have feverishly tried to talk you out of buying those tickets. For a million reasons.

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

It's all good. At the end of the day it only cost me 300$ to attend half of the bills game. I lucked out lol

The_Darksider likes this.
  8. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

My guess is Zach told Boyles in confidential that he’s reluctant to get back in there and Boyles leaked it to the media. Jets asked Zach about it and mentioned having this sort of conversation with Boyles. Boyles gets released the next day.

9. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

This is 100 percent true. Jets will win just enough games to pick behind teams with same/similar needs and will miss out on HOF LT, receiver, QB as a result of not even being able to suck correctly. Can see it coming now.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

fans will believe what they want without any rhyme or reason. just like parcells said, if you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting with them.

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We hear this all the time how continuity or bad continuity is not good. On the surface that makes sense but the longest tenured coach in the modern football era the Jets have ever had was 6 years and that was Joe Walton.

We have never tried continuity but we have sure tried fire them all a lot and that has not worked. 13 years and counting

12. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

All a bunch of hullabaloo by the organization to distract and deflect attention away from the decision to tank the season.

SOJAZ likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

None of the Jets coaches really went on to do anything though. If they fired Rex and Mangini and they went on to be perennial contenders it’d be a but different. Or Idzik and Maccagnan even got general manager jobs again (Idzik went back as a cap guy for a short time).

barfolomew likes this.
  14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Parcells would definitely approve of Saleh's relationship with Joe B

GasedAndConfused and barfolomew like this.
  15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Once you have been a perceived failure it is hard to get another GM or HC gig there are only 32 of them. There are two schools of thought we keep hiring bums and we need to get them out of the building as soon as possible or the organization has set them up for failure.

I think we have hired some bums but I also think this organization sets them up for failure. Rex is a great example he started of strong then we hamstrung him with a bad GM or st least one that was not on the same page.

Parcells is a good example of some success but he had to take control of everything. IMHO this team/organization issues go deeper than coach and GM and unless we give complete control and time to the next guy they will not succeed.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It does have that feel that were tanking for another top 5 QB.

cval and barfolomew like this.
  17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Poor kid

ouchy likes this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Lean times? I don’t think Tomlin has ever had two losing seasons in a row, has he? Maybe so, but not in a long time. For teams like the Steelers, they go 7-9 and everyone cries that the sky is falling. That’s their bar. Would love to be that kind of team.

Regardless, and not that you’re saying this, but I hate the argument of continuity for continuity’s sake. Keeping a mediocre coach just gets you more mediocrity. Of the coaches we’ve let go, only Pete Carroll has proven to be good. Bowles sucks now just as bad as he sucked with us…he just happens to play in a shit division…Rex flamed out in Buffalo…Gase…forget it.

We’ve had terrible coaches. Same with GMs…Tanny had a nice run with us then flamed out in Miami…Bradway, Idzik, Mac…none of those guys have gotten or will ever get another GM gig. They suck.

Just like with players…I truly believe that GREAT doesn’t take too long to show up. Parcells took the Giants to a Super Bowl in what, year 3? He inherited a shit team.

My two cents!

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

1000%!!!!!

SOJAZ and The_Darksider like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s not hard to get another head coaching job for first time failed head coaches at all unless you have a Jim Tomsula type year of disaster. It’s hard to get the third opportunity for sure. All of our fired head coaches in recent memory got another chance (except for Gase who would’ve been on chance #3).

Agree on GM. It can be tough, but Maccagnan couldn’t even get an assistant to player personnel job or anything working in a front office to my knowledge. And Idzik was brought in to play with contracts in an Excel spreadsheet.

Maybe we just hire the wrong choices through and through?