How to fire Woody?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

All this talk about firing Saleh, Hackett Joe Douglas etc but how can we fire Woody?

He is the real problem you know. :(

2. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

The NFL could force him to sell, but they would need grounds for that - And its also FAR too easy for like 27 of the 32 owners simply just to point and laugh.... shit even the other 4 owners who are considered terrible point and laugh, this level of total disfunction and embarrassment is hard to accomplish.

3. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

There was this German fella who wrote about “firing” the big bosses in society- paragons of capital like ole Woody J. Something Marx. Groucho Marx. That’s it!

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

There's only one way, and there are far too many moving parts to make it happen: STOP

STOP going to games
    STOP buying merchandise
    STOP caring
    STOP everything

But it'll never happen. Not only because for whatever reason, nature create sports fans as the most loyal of all people, but also because Woody has the fans over a barrell with the PSLs.

Jets OG fan, Jets1035 and westiedog1 like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

gotta get some scandals on him like dan snyder

Jets OG fan and REVISion like this.
  6. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The owners of the Bills, Pats, and Dolphins will never vote to boot Woody. I image it will be a hard sell for any AFC team owner. Why would you replace the kid who's lunch money you've been stealing for decades?

7. GasedAndConfused

wouldn't even matter TBH. ticket sales/concessions make up such a small amount of the NFL revenue and there is profit sharing plus visiting fans would still by tickets. the NFL is an unstoppable money making machine and owning a team is guaranteed to turn huge profits.

Jets79 likes this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know that billboards will work as well as they did with Idzik, but it would be a great way to embarrass Woody in front of the league by having a few highly publicized billboards boasting all of the Jets' failures under Woody the week of the next owner's meeting in May.

mezzavo, Jets79 and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. The_Darksider

If no one ever set foot in the stadium again, yes, they would still make money. No doubt.

However, if no one ever set foot in the stadium again, it would never be tolerated. The NFL would step in, something would be done. That's the only possible way. And i agree it's only a possibility.

Nothing else would work.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

how would you keep opposing fans out who want to watch their team stomp the jets? even without the fans businesses will buy tickets. worse case, say they lowered prices a little some fans who couldn't afford it before would probably jump on them. Reality is you can't stop people from doing what they want and you'll never get an entire group of fans to go along with a boycott. there is literally no way for woody to ever sell. even after snyders shit the other owners didn't out him until he got caught stealing from the NFL. so unless woody steals from the NFL he isn't going anywhere

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Tickets are already paid for, Woody dont care if no one is sitting in them.

Only thing not attending would do is F over the regular fans who want to use the secondary market to resell what they already bought. I say sell em boys, and get as much as you can

abyzmul likes this.
  12. The_Darksider

Why are you taking everything so literally? It would never happen in a million years anyway, so why are you nitpicking the details? Lol

13. The_Darksider

I'm not talking about walking away from games this year, I'm saying, don't buy them in the first place. Let the Jets sales rep sit on their hands, no one calling in, no season tickets sold. It'll never happen, but that's really the only way you could ever get his attention and force him to sell.

Jets1035 likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

sometimes it's tough to tell when people are being serious or not. was just saying no way to really do anything about woody owning the team. skins fans been trying to get rid of snyder for decades with no luck, he had a bunch of scandals, no luck, had congress investigating him and blew them off and again no luck. wasn't until he stole from the other owners that they finally voted him out basically

15. The_Darksider

The question posed by the original poster was how to be fire Woody. Obviously you can't fire an owner, so I gave my opinion on what would be the only way to get him out. It is not realistic, because it will never happen.

Kinda like, "how do I bang Meghan Fox". I'm sure dudes would come up with some pretty creative ways to figure out how to bang her, but not a single one of them would work.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  16. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

I am sure your position on the team is safe.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The only real hope Jet fans have is for the NFL to intervene and force Woody to hire a real football person to run the organization.

papapump and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And if you can't get a good price, sell them to the loudest motherfucker you can find wearing the other team's jersey.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

There's absolutely no incentive for them to do this. This guy is making money for the league hand over fist (like all of them are, because it's impossible to lose money in the NFL), yet puts a product on the field that every single other owner can beat hands down each year. These other teams have pretty much a guaranteed win on their schedule and are still making money because of this guy. The NFL loves having him running the Jets.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

And the $25 beer vendors .

BrowningNagle likes this.