Rumor: Jets want to start Zach but Zach doesn’t want to play

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Probably so but you never know. NE just held LA to 6 points, I could see them winning another game somewhere down the stretch.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If whatever Boyle showed in practice made the coaches think he was the best option to replace Zach, then they need their eyes checked. Also practice is different from a live game; I remember this past summer when reporters covering the 49ers practices were saying Purdy looked mediocre, and they were worried last season was a fluke. But there was nothing to be worried about because Purdy's processing ability gives him a huge edge in live games that he doesn't have in practice situations. Zach's the opposite; his brain prevents him from succeeding in live games. My point is that sometimes QBs do need to hit the field in a live game for coaches to know who gives the team a better chance to win.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Such a clusterfuck regardless of the outcome. We look super disorganized and dysfunctional from all angles.

4. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Wow! Such a bad look for Zach if true.

5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Wait a second - you are putting me in the positoin of defnding Siemian, which is not my intention. And also Boyle, who is not defendable. WHY has 3 years of Zach Wilson not been enough empirical evidence to say he can't do it even as a backup but 1+ quarter of a rusty Siemian who hasn't played in 2 years and presumably didn't practice with the first team at all - on top of being thrown into a buzzing beehive is enough to determine he's worse than Zach?

Enough.

Ralebird likes this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

All of this over for a GM, a HC, and a QB trio who is 4-12, 7-10 and 4-8 over the last 3 years. Amazing

GoldenShowers likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he does sidestep things for sure and coach speaks but he's never outright lied that we know of.

based on this conference and the tweets and such we can figure out pretty easily.
    saleh is weighing his options at QB and talked with all 3 of them and isn't ready to name a starter
    zach maybe had some hesitation to starting again
    rodgers maybe pep talked him
    end result, zach went into salehs office this morning and said he wants the ball, saleh has to make a decision. said he will on wednesday if i heard correctly. probably wants to review film today with hackett

8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

So Rodgers is the source?

If so, what a wild thing to take out of context by Russini and Rosenblatt.

This would be like me expressing reservations about doing something to a friend and then they rat me out to my wife to make me look bad?

What a strange afternoon this ended up being.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

no i'm not saying anyone is defending anyone. that was a dumb trope of a few people out here who thought that anyone who doesn't shit on a player is defending them. I think we all agree that all 3 are just bad and nobody is being defended now, so now maybe we can have the normal conversation of "who sucks less" we would have had weeks ago if people weren't so angry and irrational.

10. The_Darksider

The truly sad thing is that we haven't looked like this in the previous 3 years under this regime, regardless of how good or bad its moves have been. The second things start to unravel, everything comes crashing down. And it's not even remotely the first time. The more things change.............................

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Why would Rodgers try to make Zach look bad? Did Rodgers go on a Hinge date with a fellow 40 year old only to have Zach start hitting on her?

12. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the day one of the guys in the press room snaps and grows balls to ask the real question we all want to hear - " you know that you personally, in addition to the organizational leadership, are a laughing stock right now based on how you have handled this season - do you need to look at the film to give a genuine answer ? "

LOL. I'd pay to see that before I pay for another ticket to watch a JET game at this point...

mezzavo and GoldenShowers like this.
  13. The_Darksider

The bigger question is: WHY IS AARON RODGERS REACHING OUT IN SUCH A CAPACITY!?!?!?!?

That's mostly rhetorical, fellas. No need to actually answer. It speaks for itself.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Russini is in Rodgers' inner circle.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. The_Darksider

I can't see how they could possibly survive this level of insanity. Leave it to the Jets to find a way to void the mulligan.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Saleh keeps bringing up sitting out the bowl game so the injury concern is a real thing. He just brought it up again on TMKS. He said the conversation could have absolutely happened with a teammate (Rodgers?).

KY Jets Fan and Borat like this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

Zach likely got benched for the hope of a "spark" or to protect him. Hackett made the call in game to bench him for that game. saleh then made the call to start boyle. I think both coaches are just throwing darts at this point. it's really a bad look all around for saleh and hackett. It sucks because I like saleh as a person and as a DC, but it may be another bowles situation where he's a good DC, but a bad HC and can't fix an offense

18. The_Darksider

Funny how you believe everything is some Machiavellian tongue-twister when you want to, but what could be an obvious spin doctor move is something you accept immediately at face value.

19. The_Darksider

Jets coaches wouldn't know what gives them a better chance to win if it was written on a scroll in Jesus's handwriting and placed in front of them.

94Abraham likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

oh something happened for sure, but a "refusal to play" wasn't it.
    he clearly was hesitant to play again at some point but hesitant =/= refusal.
    you can tell when saleh doesn't want to answer it because he pretty much doesn't.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.