Tim Boyle will remain starter vs ATL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Nov 25, 2023.

1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Honestly Zach plays soft and doesn’t want to get hit. If we had Howell it would look way different. Dude is balling off pure energy taking hits. just NFL QB grown man stuff. Zach is tap dancing like he’s on Broadway back there and then misses a chip shot.

he’s looks scared. not NFL material other than his arm.

Pretty evident based on young QB play around the league.

2. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

This is 100% correct. Defensive coach, more important to not make a mistake to put defense in bad position than to go make a play and if a mistake happens learn from it and move on. You cannot win like this. McDaniels didn’t even blink with the Pick 6. Saleh would have ran the ball the rest of the game out of fear.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Makes you wonder if Saleh is being ordered to suit up Zach although he's the emergency #3QB. One day we'll find out the truth behind the Zach Wilson Matter and why he was given so much latitude.

Jets79 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  4. BrooklynJetsFan

No a well coached team would have made like McD pay. Tomlin/Steelers would flip games like that against bad coaching by McD in that scenario.

McD already knew we couldn’t score so it didn’t matter.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm in agreement with you.

But coming out of college, this was not who he is. Go look at how confident he was, the swagger he had. The CS beat that shit out of him and has him playing like a scared puppy dog if he makes a mistake and turns the ball over.

6. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

You cannot coach or play scared. If you think your D is superior, then they should be able to make up for some mistakes. All the QBs for the last two years are neutered. 5 yards in the air passes. The Jets O is played within 10 yards of the LOS no matter the QB except Rodgers.

7. BrooklynJetsFan

Possibly. open to that…. Or the NFL beat it out him. cause he’s playing significantly better talent.

REVISion likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There’s a way to hide QBs and bad offensive lines in the NFL. Weirdly enough we watched Adam Gase do it at the end of 2019. Under center, boot right, boot left, playaction, run heavy and take shots. It was a simple formula. That formula fits Wilson’s strengths.

Instead we go under center and attempt a drop back pass with three tightends on the field and then go in shotgun 4 wide and run the back right up the gut.

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Honestly this might be the best outcome of this season. I am afraid we win a couple of meaningless games, and aside from hurting draft position, Woody will bring the gang back. Then JD will fuck up the OLine and offense again, Rodgers will get hurt behind it, and so on. Losing out means Woody would have to clean house and at least there is a chance to have a GM who can actually build the offense and a coach who can coach the offense.

As far as starting Boyle, given the shitty options we have, it is probably the best one. Next week we have a couple of crappy players on OLine coming back who may be slightly better than unrosterable players we have playing now, like Max, Newman, etc... 1 start may not be enough to truly evaluate what Boyle can do now. And I am saying this after shitting on Boyle ever since we signed the guy. A couple of starts for him, then we can bring in Siemian, who btw I suspect will be even worse... It will be a shit show regardless of which current QB we have starts aside from Rodgers. And if Rodgers starts there is a scenario, where he gets hurt and we will be truly fucked for 2024 also.

REVISion and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  10. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I disagree. His lack of football intelligence beat the confidence out of himself. What I blame the organization for (besides drafting him) was for not beating the intelligence into him. They treat him like a porcelain doll.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

by the way…Tommy fucking Devito has 7 TD passes as of halftime…he’s played like 2 and a half games and has thrown more than Zach all year. And their OL sucks as bad as ours, and their receivers are a bunch of no names…

Zach wasn’t the ONLY problem with our team, but he has been a HUGE part of it.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They all suck.

REVISion likes this.
  13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Boyle is just a weaker armed Zach Wilson. He's not more accurate. He's not the greatest decision maker.

And he too is still stuck with an offensive coordinator who calls plays with primary routes that are 2 yards long when it's like 3rd and 5 or longer.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

REVISion likes this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You hit on a very interesting point. Is Devito really so darn good, so much better than Zach, etc? Maybe he is, but likely Daboll is making him and this shit Oline look better than they really are. Imagine if Daboll had the talent we have on defense? It could have been very possible if JD waited on him instead of hiring Saleh. Perhaps Daboll could make Zach or Boyle look like Devito. It's not a crazy take I don't think. I mean who the fuck is DeVito? A 25 year old 3d stringer.

But this brings a bigger point. I think I have finally seen the light on how to make this team competitive in the future. And credit to @REVISion for bringing up something similar earlier, but especially in our situation, we need a HC who will call offensive plays, and who was a successful coordinator in the League. Basically like Daboll. There is no doubt in my mind this is the way to go. Offense is more important than defense in today's NFL, this is a fact. It's also a fact that you need a star QB to compete year in and year out with rare exceptions. It is also true that even a defensive coach can do well if he has a star QB, but when was the last time we had one - 1998 for 1 year? And even if you draft a potential star QB, you need a brilliant offensive mind to develop one. Which you might or might not get as an OC - see MILF and Hack.

So, given all that, how to build a team? Particularly when you have a good defensive talent already where any competent coach can get great results - even if we leave Ulbrich as a DC. Get a guy who is really good today as an OC, who calls plays today, to be your HC. Have him call plays as a HC for the Jets. OC will hold a clipboard, help with play design, etc, but HC who proved to be able to call plays in the NFL, will be the main offensive mind on the team. This is when Devitos of this world will look better than they are. This is when bad OLine will be less of a factor. And of course a new GM has to address the roster as well, but at least you will be able to survive in today's NFL. This process I feel needs to be initiated this off-season.

15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

"Tim Boyle will remain the starter against Atlanta"

Translation:
    "We're not really even trying anymore"

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

No. We are trying. To give Saleh credit, he flipped everything around, from RB to WR to QB, to TE, to OLine. He is trying everything he can. The problem is we have shit on offense all over the place and we have a shit play caller on offense. Saleh can't call the plays himself. He is trying but there is nothing he can do. Which is why I feel we need a different head coach with focus on offense, but this is a different topic. Don't worry Siemian will come in too and suck also in a couple of weeks, he is no savior - the guy could not even make PS this year for any NFL team, even though he tried.

Cman68 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  17. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Hes a mildly better decision maker, but yea pretty much spot on analysis.

18. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

nah...they just stink

SackRecord99 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I watched Atlanta today and I was impressed by them

Arthur Smith was the runner up to Saleh. Obviously I wish they hired Doug Pederson but Smith woulda been better than Saleh

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Are people here naively thinking that tanking for a QB is even a remote concideration? It’s laughable to think that from a leadership that is incapable of selecting the right person in the first place and even more so surround them with sufficient talent and coach them with sufficient talent to be successful. Zach, with all his woes, took the total brunt and perfectly masqueraded how undisciplined and completely offensively incompetent this team is under the current regime. It took four plays into the first game to demonstrate how pathetic the offensive line was. It took less than two Quarters to recognize that we did not have a suitable back up QB anywhere yet remained in complete denial. It took less than that to figure out that to appease AR we absolutely have the wrong OC for starters. Not to mention AR is coming back and there isn’t a chance in hell we select a QB with the first pick. This team is in the middle of a massive train wreck no matter who is behind center.

ColoradoContrails likes this.