Tim Boyle will start vs Miami

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Nov 20, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

hackett has to do what MLF did with white and scheme short routes open early and tell him to get it out fast with easy throws.

2. GasedAndConfused

it's easy to understand, but putting in a clearly worse player doens't make sense unless it's a young player with room to grow.
    putting in more izzy and less MC and cook makes sense
    putting in ruckert and less uzo makes sense
    boyle doesn't make sense. changing the gameplan and playcalling is something that can be done and is what most of us were asking for. but we didn't do it. that falls on saleh and hackett. watching the commentators point out how shitty the play calls were all day yesterday and it's the same shit it's been all year is a major issue. unless hackett changes the play calls nothing will change.

Acad23 likes this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Actually, your wrong.... The 2020 Jets averaged 279.9 yards and 15.2 points per game. The 2023 Jets are averaging 270.3 yards and 15.0 points per game.

4. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

im so glad I am around to see this. My eyes are bleeding. I have another reason to watch next week now to see if Boyle sucks as much as Zach. So the pain will continue.

And at our offensive average must be going down every week. So its likely to be way lower than the 2020 year.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They weren't changing the playcalling. Hackett is Rodgers boy and we sold our soul to him for next year. That was never happening so the next thing to change was the QB. It isn't complicated dude. Sometimes all it takes is a change at QB and something clicks. Who knows? You sure as well don't, just like I don't, just like no one on this board knows. No one knew who the hell Mike White was and he was light years better at moving the ball than zach last year.

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

yesterday tipped it over lol was right until that.
    but if you really want to get technical you have to set it against the average. offenses in 2020 were more potent. we were last in 2020 with those numbers, but 3rd worst with worse numbers this year.
    offense in the NFL currently is at it's lowest point in over a decade as a whole.

SOJAZ likes this.
  7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

They paid him 30mm, your gonna keep paying this stiff? I got property out here is AZ I like to see you... OK?

8. GasedAndConfused

know we can't move on from hackett yet, but doens't mean he can't change his playcaling. MLF adjusted his calls and manufactured open WRs and some production. hackett can't seem to do that.
    people wanted ulbrich fired in 2021, I defended it, now people love him. people wanted MLF fired last tear, I defended it because it wasn't his fault. I have no defense for hackett

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well by yor standards we - are already - be historically bad.

Jets79 and barfolomew like this.
  10. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

so Siemian will be No.2 against Miami accoring to Saleh, help me out here does JD control who elevates from the practice squad?

11. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

It's not too late, we still have 3 division games left. We win all three we can stay in the hunt.
    But yeah it's too late.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t understand all this loyalty to Boyle and die on the hill approach by this CS. Not that they have lot of credibility left evaluating talent when it comes to QBs. Unless Boyle is clearly a better fit than Siemien time to move on from him. If the front office and CS does not see Siemien as a better fit right now, which is probably hard for many to believe, why in the world was Siemien brought in in the first place with better choices, correction, much better choices available.

#112 LAJet, Nov 20, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Loyal to a fault.

On one hand it's a good quality... on the other it's a bad attribute when the ramifications of that displaced loyalty
    affects the rest of the team and most importantly short-changes the loyal fans.

p.s. Siemian sucks too... :confused:

LAJet likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Odds Siemian is playing by the third quarter?

Ralebird and barfolomew like this.
  15. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

It’s guaranteed. So don’t really matter. He was just demoted to QB3 as I figured.

16. GasedAndConfused

the GM makes the moves with the league but usually at the coaches discretion.

Centiment likes this.
  17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

This is a bullshit decision. I get why they did it, but it doesn’t make us better. Zach was part of the problem … obviously … but not the biggest problem. Everyone shares the blame for this shit show but this OL is a bigger problem. How do I know? Because they make Breece Hall look like he can’t fucking play. 63 Carries / 157 yards since the line went off the cliff starting with the AVT injury in Denver. 2.5 ypc for an elite back over a 5 game stretch. They open no holes, and every other drop back is a jail break. Impossible to move and score like that without an MVP type QB … And we don’t have one.

Add in a mountain of penalties, leading the lead in drops, and an incompetent OC and here we are. This move won’t mean shit unless everything else gets better. A lot better.

RochesterJet, LAJet and Acad23 like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

same thing happened last year. we lost AVT and hall in the same game and never won another game. offense went to shit.

LAJet likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

In all fairness, Breece would get better rushing opportunities if opposing defenses had any respect for the passing game.

bigbucks24 and REVISion like this.
  20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

That certainly is true … but we had the same QB before the O line injuries and Breece was balling.
    Now he can’t do shit except for the 2 or 3 times all game we get him the ball in space.

GasedAndConfused likes this.