Studs and Duds. Week 11 NYJ vs Buff

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 20, 2023.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

World hunger is a good start, maybe throw in some inner-city poverty and climate change and we're square.

2. The_Darksider

I'm going to go and look back and see if you gave Zach credit for the 24 second thing. Because that and most of the other things he does in crunch time when everybody thinks he's clutch is against a prevent defense. You can save me the trouble of looking if you'll just say that you gave him credit now.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if you don't try though you don't know. and we didn't have any younger QBs to develop really. we brought in vets to help zach (like flacco and simian) we did have webb that we gave big PS money to and tried to develop him but clearly he isn't going to.

4. GasedAndConfused

he's just a bad QB. he has a lot of blame for the offensive struggles. saying he isn't the only reason though is fair. he's 1 of many reasons the offense is bad. thats not an excuse or defending him. it's just reality.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Not a stud....

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Gased is worried we might make the same mistake we made with Geno by not giving him the full 8 years.

7. GasedAndConfused

the prevent defense is supposed to prevent those plays that we pulled off. the big ones and the intermediate sidelines ones. it pushes everything to the middle short. let them have short gains and burn the clock. you gotta know these basics if you are going to make an argument.
    being up by 3 with 24 seconds left is a whole different defense then being up 23 with minutes left. this isn't even a discussion to be had and just really looks bad to make that comparison

8. GasedAndConfused

making shit up is pretty petty man. If i'm so dumb then use what I actually say to talk shit

9. The_Darksider

Dude, the prevent defense is supposed to give whatever it needs to give at that time. it is not a specific instance, but instead a bend but don't break defense that will give you the smaller stuff at the expense of the big hit. If there's 30 seconds left in the game and you have to not let them score a touchdown, they will give you all the 30 yard passes you want as long as you don't get in the end zone.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I did use what you said. You just have to know what to look for.

NJJets likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

I have never once said this season that zach is the future. I thought he was when we drafted him but after 2 years he proved me wrong. it is what it is. making up shit that I think he can still be a FQB is nonsense

12. GasedAndConfused

so a prevent defense is designed to let you get a game tying FG in 24 seconds? thats really the hill you are trying to die on here?
    just admit it was a poor comparison and move on. you know better then this. don't let your zach hate make you look dumb.

13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Or a dud

14. The_Darksider

What??!! Where did I say it was designed for that? So you need an exact blueprint with paint by numbers to understand what I'm saying? You are either being purposely obtuse to try and tie me into a pretzel, which will not work, or you're really that blinded by your own opinions.

Here's the deal: the Jets had 24 seconds and no timeouts and needed to go 1/2 the field to get into field goal range. The Giants gave them the middle of the field all they wanted, and the Jets got extremely lucky. Your boy completed a pass in the middle of the field where no one on earth expected them to go. Every team in the league this year, and in any of the year for the history of the NFL, would have allowed him to complete that pass in exchange for the clock running out. That clock runs out, with no exaggeration, 999 out of 1000 times. The Jets got extremely lucky, and you want to give Zach Wilson credit for completing that pass? You do realize there's only so many bodies on a huge field and that they have to decide how and where to defend right? If you stack guys deep and guard the sidelines, that gives the offense the middle of the field. And the Giants and any other team in the league this year, or in any other year in the history of the NFL, would do that again. And again. And again. Again, the Jets got extremely lucky.

This is not Zach hate, this is just stone cold facts.

15. GasedAndConfused

1) he's not my boy so IDK where that comes from.
    2) you never give up the middle deep. all deep is covered and intermediate sidelines are covered. you give up everything short and intermediate middle
    3) i'm not giving him full credit. if he played better we wouldn't have been in that situation. the giants had negative passing yards and we were still losing. but saying it was a good throw is fair. you are being kinda insane. zachs nice throw to get in FG position shouldn't earn credit, but boyle somehow should for what exactly? getting the ball out quick into the hands of a DB in triple coverage? you have to be fair across the board but some people are so emotional right now they can't make a fair assessment. all they can do is unreasonably hate

16. The_Darksider

For a guy says he's not good, you sure you go to bat for him. Why? You think he is unfairly blame? Are you his self-appointed guardian?

We're talking about Wilson, not Boyle. Stop bringing him in it. I said he has a quicker release Zach Wilson, which is a fact. It is not an opinion, and it is not undue credit.

17. GasedAndConfused

i'm not going to bat for him or anyone in particular. i'm just being fair to all involved. You don't fix an issue without looking at the whole picture. there are at least a dozen reasons on why the offense is awful. zach is just 1 of those dozen reasons. it's just lazy to blame the QB from fans. I don't care for lazy takes

edit: and he doesn't have a quicker release. thats a fact. no reason to make stuff up here.

18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

To say Boyle is worse than Zach when he's brought into a game post blowout is straight Zach truther mentality.

Coming up with that conclusion in a hand full of throws is kind of mental.

19. GasedAndConfused

it's based on his 5 year career. yesterday just did nothing to change it.

20. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Siemian had an oblique injury just prior to that game and had surgery right after.