Studs and Duds. Week 11 NYJ vs Buff

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 20, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

those geriatrics like anyone though

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

sorry simian last year is who was awful against us. boyle was last seen in 2021 and was you guessed it. awful.

3. GasedAndConfused

i'm not excusing anything. I've said he sucks several times over. doesn't mean he isn't our best healthy QB on the roster

4. GasedAndConfused

i mixed up the boyle simian thing once out of the last 50 times I explained it. my bad. boyle was awful in detroit and hasn't played until yesterday in which he was awful

5. GasedAndConfused

devito is a young rookie. Boyle has more time in this system then zach's been in the league. he's almost 30 years old and been in the NFL 5 years. he came in against a prevent defense in a blowout and couldn't move the ball. had 3 turnover worthy throws in 14 attempts. has no upside either

6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You may think that a week (or more) of practice with the first team will have no effect on Boyle performance. But your role in providing studs/duds implies an objective analysis. Most people believe, and its probably been emipirically shown, that practice with the frist team does enhance performance yet you negate this for Boyle as though it has occurred already--that is not objective.

You are def entitled to an opinion but I disagree with you presenting forum content based upon what you think will happen as though it is objective evidence.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

practice with the players builds chemistry which leads to better results, but it doesn't make up for lack of talent. zachs had plenty of reps with the 1st team, hasn't done shit for him.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I've been a fan of Michael Clemmons but he is starting to concern me. Committing of dumb penalties is one thing, but he keeps showing a temper that will eventually cause problems for us in game or in the locker room. He is a little too unstable.

9. GasedAndConfused

yes he is. and saleh seemed to have no control of the team. if you watch the video he walks right by clemens going off while he's being restrained.
    dawkins is an asshole though and probably deserves to be punched

REVISion and Acad23 like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

-Zach didn't make the plays that WERE there... so a solid Dud.

-Saleh gets a Double Dud for fielding a team that somehow manages to get worse as the season goes on.

-Whitehead was especially Dudly in the 2nd half.

-Hackett in the booth is worse than Hackett on the sideline. Can he work from home?

-Lazard is the worst #2 receiver I've ever seen. Every ball hits his hands like it's a greasy hot flaming zucchini.

Ralebird, papapump, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Greasy Hot Flaming Zucchini would make a great name for a psychedelic country punk band on college radio

stinkyB and ouchy like this.
  12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

How do you create a duds list and not list the guy who got benched for completely ineffective play?

Ralebird, papapump, Centiment and 4 others like this.
  13. The_Darksider

Against a defense that had its ears pinned back because they had a 23-point lead, and an offensive line that was banged up. Yet he still showed the ability to get the ball out quicker and sense the pressure.

It just seems like the Jets purposely set their guys up to fail.

14. The_Darksider

On one of the first passes that Boyle threw, he was under pressure, and I expected him to get hit and get killed. I am so conditioned to watching that happen to Zach Wilson that I was actually stunned when the ball got out in a split second and found a receiver. I don't need to see more plays than that, he could suck a large ball sack, but with that ability he will have the opportunity to do more with this offense than Wilson has.

Truly amazing what we are used to and what we will look at as improvement and accept it.

15. GasedAndConfused

because his backup came in and was worse? I didn't put boyle on their either. Like I said I probably could have listed the whole roster minus 5 people and wasn't going to write a novel.

16. The_Darksider

I realize I will never change your mind or let you see reason, but for posterity purposes and accurate record on the board, I will put it out there. You blame, or let me not throw words, attribute all of ok, not all of, many of Zach's issues to other guys. At any point did you ever potentially attribute the other guys issues to Zach?

And you couldn't possibly list a guy who played one quarter in mop of duty im a 29-6 game as a dud, so why even throw him in the mix?

17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

It made him better than he would be without them. True he sucks but he'd be worse.

This has been a personal point I've been making for 2+ years, namely, we dedicated so much resource to him including taking all the practice snaps while we could have jettisoned him and gave those resources to another who would have developed more.

18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Becsuse he painted himself into a corner and has too much pride to say he’s wrong. The run game improves when the QB improves. The OL blocking improves when the QB understands football concepts. The WR’s improve when balls are thrown accurately and on time. Tim Boyle is likely not very good, but he’s clearly head and shoulders better mentally than Zach. Zach does not have any redeeming quality to overcome his mental deficiencies.

19. GasedAndConfused

I've blamed zach for his issues to. he's not smart enough to be a good starting QB. it's that simple. but after 2 years we know that.
    What other issues do you want me to blame zach for?

20. GasedAndConfused

I went back and watched them all just now. the bills weren't blitzing. they were playing prevent which opened the run game. hall had is bets run and izzy had his only run both were over 10 yards.
    he had 3 good throws (all short) 1 was fucked up by GW who fumbled. one was for 3 yards to ruckert, 1 was for 5ish yards to get a 1st on 4th down to gipson
    the other 11 were pretty bad. most in the dirt. he missed high to a well covered gipson over the middle that almost got picked, on his INT on 4th and 5 he had an open WR 10 yards downfield and threw to a guy in triple coverage. he also ate a sack on 3rd and 10 when GW was open for a 1st

Its not really any different from zach and against miami they aren't going to play soft to start the game. he's slightly smarter then zach but still not good enough and has a way worse arm. after friday the next mutiny will begin and simian will be the new popular player.

Zach was especially awful as well so like I said lesser of evils and all. they all suck IDK why thats hard for people to understand