If NE wins another Super Bowl this year....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IrishSteveZ, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Poetry in motion.

2. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Vinatieri winning the game for the Colts is the only way to redeem that Chargers game. That would just kill Patriots fans.

I'm hoping. . .

3. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

God's a Pats fan. Watch him miss a 38 yard attempt.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I didn't. I have only wagered two times in my life on playoff games and went 1-1. No way would I ever bet money on a Schottenheimer team in a playoff game. I really did think the Chargers were a better team than the Patriots. They are, really. They just didn't prove it yesterday.

5. JetRhodes84

JetRhodes84 New Member

New England was +4, San Diego was favored -4. If you had NE either way you would have won. That said, I learned a long time ago to not bet against Tom Brady.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I've been rooting for this event for a long time now. My fantasy has the Pats kicker missing a reasonably distanced game winning FG at the end of regulation, then Vinatieri nailing the winner in OT. Oh how glorious it would be ...

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Wasn't that game first played back in '86? I'd love to see a rematch personally. The senarios would be pretty similar. A dominant D (Bears) against a powerful AFC style offense (Pats).

At least, if we're lucky, the Bears won't make another wacky Rap Song out of it. Anyone for another playing of "The SuperBowl Shuffle" ?

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well then Belly should get some kudos for giving him the shot!

9. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Good call.

10. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Worse would be if they pulled a Tony Romo on the snap and Viniteri is just left standing there...

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I really didn't want to post in this thread. I have prepared myself for the near-certainty that the Pats will win another one this season. I can deal with that because I know this is the last of the cakewalks for Belichick, and the poetry of it is that it is going to be ended by the organization that he hates which stole his protege. The Jets will be making things unbearable for New England for years.

12. championjets69

While I agree with your post to a degree I disagree it will happen shortly as it will take us 1/2/3 more years to accumlate the players to do the task you portray in your post

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think it will take that long to fill all of the key positions the Jets need to fill to attain the level of dominance that I envision, but the Patriots are constantly coming up with their own personnel issues. Whether or not Mangini's initial level of success is something caused by opposing coaches not being able to prepare for an unknown, or whether it was the genius we all hope for I think will be determined in the 07 season to a reasonable degree.

If it is the latter, I think that we will be able to overcome a lot of our personnel issues in a similar fashion to which the Patriots have been for years. The Pats may have a stacked roster, but all of those marquee players are constantly coming up for contracts and I think it's only a matter of time before Scott Pioli flys the coop for another opportunity.

14. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Yeah, I will hate to see the Pats win another one, if they do (I happen to think NO will take it all this year). But I would be happy to see Vinny get a ring. Say what you want about his abilities, but Vinny was always very loyal to the organization. And we all know we will retire a Jet, so all the power to him.

15. championjets69

Well to base a argument more/less on supposition that a key person of organization 1 will move along to organization 2 is really not the way to plan for the future. You must go on the known which B & B & Pioli which means we need major upgrades at many different positions no matter what some on this board think to overcome the Pats. The less fans get entwined with a single player & more with with the team then they may begin to see the weaknesses this team presently has & required upgrading.

Yes on Man this coming season will show us if he is just a flash on the radar or the real deal

16. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Amen. I agree with every - single - word.

It's the only way I can watch the rest of the postseason

17. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

You know, I don't really care about New England's dominance like I used to, and if they won another Super Bowl I doubt it would even effect me at all. I've pretty much gone through the five stages of grief in regards to the Patriots dynasty.

Denial - They're not that good, they got lucky with the tuck rule, etc.

Anger - $^%^#*!@ Pats won another Super Bowl!

Bargaining - Oh almighty Ra, I shall build a great statue of your greatness if you will banish Bill Belichick to the land of wind and ghosts.

Depression
    - Ugh, they won another one...

Acceptance - Oh well. The Pats are a great team and I look forward to the Jets challenging their hold on the AFC East.

18. Sean_in_titletown

Here's the thing a lot of posters are missing. I keep reading threads about Michael Turner or this year's free agent "flavor of the week." That is not the formula Mangini learned under. When have the Patriots ever gone out and signed a big free agent? Perhaps Roosevelt Colvin but that was a below market discount that he took. They don't even retain a lot of their own free agents. The only one's have been Brady and Seymour. Luckily, and I emphasize LUCKILY, they have had their entire offensive line re-sign extensions for far below market value (Light, Koppen, Neal) and have had Bruschi and Vrabel do the same. You better hope that you have similar unselfishness on your roster. They guys who wanted to cash in (Law, Milloy, Damien Woody, Willie McGinest, Deion Branch, David Givens, David Patten, Adam V.) were all shown the door. So when guys like Rhodes, Cothchery, Robertson, Dyson, etc are 1 year away from unrestricted free agency, you better hope you have your fair share of unselfishness or else your roster will be plucked clean, particularily on defense, by teams looking to copy success... Or, these guys will hold their breathe and wait for their payday... Team depth, according to the Pioli/Belichcik method, is built through the draft and finding sucess in the 2nd, 3rd, and fourth round.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Adam V might be the one you guys regret, although this new kid looks good. But a lot of the NE dynasty can be attributed to the big kicks Vinnatieri made.

20. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

i try and rank the teams by who i hate the least...bears, saints, pats, colts
    rooting for the bears is rough