Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

While the bolded may bear some truth today, it did not on September 12.

Pepsiguy5, barfolomew and papapump like this.
  2. Ralebird

Rodgers would likely have gotten hurt anyway behind any line because that's what happens to NFL quarterbacks - more often than not they miss at least one game a season to injury. All the more reason to be prepared with a proper backup.

Flyboy and barfolomew like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

brady was a master at protecting himself. it's why he played at an elite level until 45 which is pretty unheard of. most QBs start degrading in the late 30s. a few have played until 41ish. 45 is kinda insane.

barfolomew likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

@GasedAndConfused I just came across DVOA O-Line rankings. This is another paid analytics service somewhat similar to PFF, though not exactly the same. I am not a subscriber myself, but looks like this guy is, and DVOA O-Line rankings are there: https://www.4for4.com/2023/w11/o-line-rankings-and-matchups-exploit-week-11

Guess what, Jets #31. PFF has pass pro at #30. This is in line with what I have observed and thought and looks like top two NFL analytics companies agree with me. It just seems like your take was off, when you said comparatively we are not worse than others since all Olines are bad. It certainly appears the evidence is mounting we are quite a bit worse than others. You can still have a different opinion of course, but I think at this point there is very little argument that the OLine JD built is total shit again, and not just recently with injuries, but cumulatively all year.

JetsNation06, SOJAZ and ouchy like this.
  5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Great job by our illustrious GM... what a mess.

barfolomew and Borat like this.
  6. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

The shocking reality is that JD did an awesome job building half a team - the defense. Top level skill players at almost every level, depth, and leadership. Everything the offense lacks.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Fire Joe Douglas.

8. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

This entire fiasco is squarely on the shoulders of Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh. When other options were available, they ignored them and decided to ride the legendary Zach Wilson

NYJetsO12, Flyboy, barfolomew and 5 others like this.
  9. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Woody needs to fire Douglas and whole staff needs to go. Along with Rodgers. Rodgers isn't saving this shit show next year.

Since1969, JohnnyJet and jets_fan like this.
  10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Send this to woody please

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Not that I am in love with what Saleh has done, but JD dealt him a shit hand. His QB choices are Zach, Boyle, and Siemian, who could not crack Bengals PS. You saw what Boyle did today - he is just as bad as Zach, if not worse. I suspect Siemian is not much better either. If he at least had Wentz to roll out there. But now, he only has shit for QB, and on top of that terrible OLine and not a great WR room. JD really fucked up here, and then did nothing after Corey Davis retired, and OLine got hurt, after Rodgers went down. JD just didn't deliver the goods, and this is 4th year in a row now. Building half the team in 4 years is not good enough.

#371 Borat, Nov 19, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
    REVISion and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. Ralebird

I don't know that Boyle proved himself at or below Wilson level today, even if he is supposed to be.

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

So has pretty much every GM/Coach combo we’ve had. It’s easy to turn a Defense around. You can do it in a year, 2 tops. We just never invest in offense.

NYJetsO12 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Woody had his input there too. I don't think they make such decisions without Woody being involved.

barfolomew likes this.
  15. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

let this sink in fellas..........

Mike Maccagnan first 4 years as GM record : 24-40
    Joe Douglas 4 years (with 7 games left) record - 17-43

Im not even counting the 2019 7-9 record for either of them. That was Mikes draft/FA but Joe Douglas completed the final 53 and remainder of the season

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Texans defense is middle of the pack this year after being awful for years and years. I’ve really never understood why the Jets believe that’s the path. Our nobody defenses in 2019 and 2020 were fine with Gregg Williams. Not great by any means but they were decent enough.

barfolomew likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Just terrible. But thanks for the numbers and context

people want to give Joe Douglas a pass on his 1st season. Ok, that was his very best record but ok.

Acad23, HomeoftheJets and barfolomew like this.
  18. nevbeats319

and he had nothing to do with the draft or FA. This was also Sam Darnolds "mono" year

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I give him a pass on his 2nd season as well; he had Adam Gase as a coach and neither any offense OR defensive talent to speak of.

That said, I've been defending Douglas for a long time now, but at this point this year, I can't anymore. He's flat out refusing to fix major problems and now the team is suffering. I now think that he needs to go as soon as possible.

barfolomew likes this.
  20. nevbeats319

a pass??? 2020 was really his first season. look at his draft in 2020. Look at is FA in 2020. the team was 2-14. a big drop off from the 7-9 season prior. the team is now in the same spot when he took over