Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that RB did a hell of a job filling in as a kicker though. he looked hilarious when kicking. so awkard

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Just to correct you, I have given full credit for the great defense. I said for as great a job he did on defense, he did just as bad on offense. I think this is a fair statement. He inherited #31 offense, and every year it has been around that #. Didn't improve it in 4 years. Overall, I do think he is decent GM, but is doing half the job in 4 years good enough for you? With the defense already good last year with most guys under contract, we really had a chance this year. But JD failed to improve the offense again when that should have been the only focus and it's painful to watch, then sits still at the deadline.

Let's call it for what it is: in 4 years JD did great on defense, but completely failed on offense. Is that good overall, especially if we miss play-offs again? I for one don't think so, but because he got Rodgers, which was an amazing move, but then negated by failure to protect him, he probably will earn the lowest passing grade and will get one last chance.

GoldenShowers, NYJetsO12 and SOJAZ like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

just for shits and giggles and hypothetically speaking. let me ask you this
    if we weren't missing AVT and CMG on the line and rodgers was playing over zach, and CD didn't retire out of the blue. do you think the offense would be much improved right now?

as far as the injury goes. Achilles injuries are weird and have little to do with actual contact. it wasn't like his leg got bent weird. it was a pretty routine sack and nothing crazy. also for what it's worth, he had a clean pocket for 3 seconds. brown whiffed on a chip, the chip means the ball was designed to get out fast. rodgers held it and tried to spin out of the would be sack. every QB gets sacked here and there. it was his 1st time sacked on the year. not his 50th. vinny blew his out non contact. cousins got hurt the same. a low contact pretty routine tackle. probably hurt it prior to the contact. akers hurt his running a route, no contact. IDK how you can blame a GM for an achillies injury

GoldenShowers likes this.
  4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Fwiw... I do not dislike jd. Our ol has just not been fixed...neither the qb. That's massive

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think if Rodgers were playing and somehow held up behind this nightmare of OLine (which I think is an impossible task but we are now speaking hypothetically, i.e. pretending, fantasy) and played every game, he would make the offense good enough for us to be 7-1 right now or 6-2 at worst. Rodgers would cover up a lot of things wrong with offense. But herein lies the biggest idiocy and perversion: JD pulled a miracle to get him, but didn't do shit to protect him. The degree of difficulty of getting Rodgers was unimaginable. But this difficult brilliant move is all for nothing if you can't protect him. And it's not like I have just started saying this, you know I have been banging this drum all offseason. All for nothing...

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Spot on... enough with the glasss half full. The problem as I see it is that Woody will not make a change because of the rogers injury and therefore, you'll have this crew another year. My other concern is that the extend ZW contact for a 5th year... if they do that then they all should go , IMHO because they are part of the probkem and not part of the solution.

Borat, NYJetsO12 and Ralebird like this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They should all go now. This latest news, about turning down Went in order to keep moving forward with Zach, shows that they are not trying to win. We've punted on this year despite the fact we have a championship caliber defense, while at the same time Woody is making people decide about season tickets, after a price increase, by the middle of this month. Everything about what's going on this season with this franchise is just wrong.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I would keep all of our scouts but JD and Saleh can go.

teamgreen likes this.
  9. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Look it what the Vikings gave up for Josh Dobbs. You look at his play with the Cards and knew he was better than Wilson. They made no attempt to try and improve the position. Moves could have been made that wasn’t costly, and it will forever be perplexing why they didn’t want to.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Complete incompetency from the GM on wasting this window b/c Rodgers went down on the 4th snap. There is nothing else to say aside from Douglas sucks ass. 21-54 through 75 games. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

11. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

What JD did to draft Will Macdonald is inexcusable. You only have so many options to get immediate impact players and he drafts a guy who got 0 snaps last night in round 1 ahahahahahah

That just can’t happen.

teamgreen and sackexchange like this.
  12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

100%. I honestly think that pick was so stupid it should get him fired. How are you going to pick a Defensive player at a position where you're already overstocked. You built the entire Offense around Rodgers and you fail to support him with protection or playmakers. Please someone make it make sense!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HomeoftheJets and teamgreen like this.
  13. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

It looks dumber every game.

sackexchange likes this.
  14. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Turning down Wentz was not a bad move at all. Wentz is a locker room cancer with a massive ego who, with the exception of 2017, has had no success to speak of. The team would be in even worse disarray, believe it or not, if he were on it.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It is time to move on. He’s a bad GM

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He was hurt.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  17. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

While 3 WRs picked in the next 10 picks have made impacts for their team. And we're rolling out UDFAs and journeyman

18. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I agree. I think JD has done solid. Great defense. And offensively he tried to improve that with Rodgers. So can’t fault him for that. Then the off was line got injured. Not a good combo. However, I do question the OL depth to begin with. And the chance to be creative on tragedy or changing personnel. And while I am for patience on jumping the gun on Wentz and etc there was a need for QB . He didn’t.

19. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

We all saw this coming in Training Camp. They were returning 60% of the starters from MAJOR injuries. It's honestly miraculous that Becton has help up so well up to this point but Duane Brown was definitely a big question mark at LT.

It's easy to point fingers at Zach and Hackett but I think the Offensive struggles all start with the OL.

20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I agree with you. As a guy who preaches or believes a good OL depth helps offense, he didn’t do it. You’re right with injuries. He did get few OL in draft but he needed to a homerun with an OL and didn’t. While McDonald pick did raised eyebrows perhaps he was trying to build pass rush? I dunno. I really can’t say JD sucks either because he did get few good draft picks and build a great defense.