Pathetic

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Nov 6, 2023.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Because he makes no impact when he does come in. The coaching staff thinks he should because they run him out there. But he doesn't unless it's a play that hurts the offense. You should expect more from a got from big time college program at Ohio State.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, I appreciate the words of support. Yes, I'm disappointed that Zach didn't develop with the Jets, and that's part of my frustration, but not even the biggest part. I was 15 when I saw the Jets win the SB. I am now 69. It has been mostly 54 years of frustration with all the losing, all the horrible hires, the incompetence, the lousy drafts, the injuries and bad luck, and I'm just tired of it all. I'm tired of spending so much time and energy over something that has given so little in return. I had become a darksider and was ready to walk away before JD was hired. That gave me hope for a bright future, and my attitude changed, but between some of his mistakes over the last several seasons, the team's failure of Zach and Zach's failure to overcome adverse circumstances, and Woody apparently stepping in and calling the shots again, I have zero hope (and no rational reason to believe) that anything will change or get better for as long as Woody owns the team. I don't think Rodgers is coming back this year. I don't think the Jets are making the playoffs, and I think Rodgers will either get re-injured next year, half the OL will go down with injuries again, or something else will go wrong, and it will be just another failed and lost season. I think following next season, Woody will fire everyone, and the team will be starting from scratch again, and nothing will really change except the faces. JD will get hired by another team and lead them to a SB victory. The Jets will continue looking for and failing to find the QB to lead them to the promised land.

I wish you and all the other long-suffering fans the best and hope you get your playoff wins and Lombardi Trophy, but I just don't care any more. There are more important things in life in this world than the NFL, and I'm going to try to put my time and energy into those things.

#42 NCJetsfan, Nov 11, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    SOJAZ, papapump, LAJet and 1 other person like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not for nothing but the Mannings spent that whole game making fun of the Jets for never chipping with their TEs while they had a handful of grocery baggers blocking.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You could always take up Fishing as a hobby... Works for me!! :)

mezzavo and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

You would? It has been my experience that nobody sends more overrated busts to the NFL than OSU and USC.

Those guys working out seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I would leave you with two movie quotes or paraphrases that may apply:

1. The Caine Mutiny: In the first officers mess, Ens. Keith is asked if he wants to leave the Caine for duty elsewhere, Lt. Keefer interjects "there is no escape from the Caine [substitute Jets] save death."

2. The Godfather III: this....

#46 westiedog1, Nov 11, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

LOL Thanks!

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Saleh's problem is he lies. He looks into the camera and at those reporters and tells us to believe a scenario that we can ALL see is inaccurate. If he would simply "man up" and call a spade a spade then he would have more integrity.

As it is, all he does is talk and we all say, "He's full of shit."

boozer32 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  9. mezzavo

I recorded the "Manning one" and am waiting for a spare hour or two to sit, watch and laugh with them... That's all there is left to do with this team, this year. Sit and LAUGH with the rest of the league. ANYONE who is sitting there and saying, "We're 4-4 we still have a chance," has left reality long ago. Unless "He Who Is Under Center" changes NOTHING else WILL change.

JetsNation06 and abyzmul like this.
  10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…while 4-4 is technically in the mix it is pretty clear that with this offense, MOST but NOT all of which is due to Zach, we are not a playoff team. The only way we can win is if our D balls out to the tune of multiple turnovers or some freak special teams play. When we don’t get either of those, we get the Chargers game. But with this offense, we are not better than the Bills or the Fish or the Bengals or the Browns or the Ravens….we are not one of the top 7 teams in the AFC

11. abyzmul

They are so fking funny. I don't even watch MNF anymore usually, but I'll be watching the rest of the games this year on their broadcast. Their takes are so good.

mezzavo likes this.
  12. mezzavo

Agreed!

I thought it would be a train wreck but it's so entertaining! A real positive out of it is, you hear that Eli was a "quiet funny" kind of guy and that is totally the case! It must be a real hoot at the Thanksgiving table! lol "Mom" Manning has a real group of characters at her Turkey Day table. Hopefully their humor puts a salve on what is an utter offensive nightmare.

As an aside note, I honestly don't know how much more our defensive players can take. Saleh may be a decent D-Coordinator but he's about to find out he is no Head Coach when he loses that defense, for good. Last year he could lean on the team getting an update/change at QB. THAT is off the table for next year. Rodgers is coming back and this loser of a team will do NOTHING to hurt his feelings.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I dont really watch either, but I'll have to check them out.... tried to watch for a bit during the JETS game but there was too much "noise" for me, but I see it being entertaining when it's a game I'm not personally invested in....

abyzmul likes this.
  14. abyzmul

Yeah, I ended up switching back and forth between broadcasts at one point because their interview with Keyshawn was basically blocking the game, but if you don't care about the teams, I don't think it would matter to me.

stinkyB likes this.
  15. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Two words. Josh. Dobbs.

JetsNation06 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It's going to be better with another o-lineman out.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

17. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

NC, we don't always agree but your a great Fan like CC and others... Believe me I feel your pain been a fan for 56 years and like you and some others have watched this shit show they call the NYJ. But in the end, they are my team...irrespective of how they piss me off ...My wife doesn't even say anything anymore but she did say something about ZW.

She said last month, that maybe the kid just can not do it! I mean she knows jack chit about FB even though my son play ball throught college... but she nailed it. Go figure.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

yeah that's when I tried to watch them...