McDonald

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Sep 27, 2023.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

But can he jump out of a pool?

Savatage and KY Jets Fan like this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

The people are asking...

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Nice spin move last night to fall back onto a half a sack and force a fumble.

Still would rather have Addison, Zay Flowers or JSN creating separation and easier throws for our QB than the big oaf Allen Lazard.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

at the time of the draft we also had davis though. but a case can be made in hindsight that for this season WR would have been more helpful

Jets79 likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It wasn’t made in hindsight. I said it at the time. I also liked signing Corey Davis, but he was not good for us in 2021 or 2022 hence why I believe we needed more fire power at receiver. Neither Lazard or Davis were any sort of long term answer regardless of the immediate impact it would’ve made.

Receiver is now a premium position in the NFL.

6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yup…once we lost out on the 4th top OL then WR would have been a better pick. I didn’t complain at the time as I do like drafting pass rushers but both OL and WR were and continue to be bigger needs on this team.

JetsNation06 and Borat like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

I know a few did and weren't happy with WMD. I didn't really care personally. any pick was supposed to be the luxury BPA regardless of position. Jets wanted gibbs but lions took him 12th

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Was that Vernon Gholston ? Good god I still have nightmares about that bum

9. GasedAndConfused

it wasn't gholston. it was some DT. I can't remember the name though

10. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Former Jets legend Jarron Gilbert was the one who jumped out of the pool.

GasedAndConfused and ouchy like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

Savatage likes this.
  12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Sidebar but I'd give away the farm to get Marvin Harrison III. G Wilson and III on the outside. Nightmare for the entire league.

Harrison III will make a Randy Moss type rookie year impact next season which anyone who remembers Moss' rookie year in '98 remembers how dominant he was right out the gate.

He will make that type of impact next year with even an average QB throwing him the ball. Obviously he'll be gone in the Top 5 but a smart Jets brass would be figuring out ways to make moves like that instead of sitting on the sidelines not having a clue how to build an offense.

Savatage and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

we won't be picking that high. I think JD will try and go after evans or adams in the offseason personally.

14. JetsNation06

Obviously we won't be picking that high but that's where the really good GM's separate themselves from the schmoe's like Joe D. You have to have a vision and be able to architect it. Joe D is a painter without a brush. Clueless to the extreme when it comes to building an offense.

I want no part of Mike Evans. old and battered. Hard pass. Trade some key guys and bring in a generational talent like MHIII. I'd take him over both Evans and Adams in a heartbeat.

Again need a GM with balls and a vision. The Jets don't have that so we'll be stuck having to overpay someone which is not the best way to build long term winning culture.

15. GasedAndConfused

thats not how any of it works lol. your gonna talk shit about the GM that drafted the 2022 draft class for us lol. who traded up for AVT and traded up for breece and traded up for JJ and drafted the cb in the NFL as a rookie?
    and you want him to make a ricky williams type deal for a WR? lol thats certintly a take lol

Hemi and RochesterJet like this.
  16. JetsNation06

Clearly you are a JD homer. Take the ugly beard gogggles off and try to be objective you fool LOL

Comparing Ricky Williams to Marvin Harrison III, you lose all credibility right there and for the fact that you're a blind Douglas homer lol

You, my friend, are what's wrong with this shitshow. A blind monkey could've picked that class lol What about Zach Wilson and the rest of the misses he's had?

Yet you want to focus on the layups he had. And yes a good GM could pull off exactly what I described. You're a fool who needs to take you mouth out of Douglas' hairy ass crack for once!

No one should take you seriously when you talk about a failed GM like he's a shining star. That's hilarious and nonsensical.

Not worth responding to you any further when you already made your bed with Joe Douglas. Hopefully they ship your ass outta town with him!

17. GasedAndConfused

your comment about trading up for harrison is so bad I really can't take you seriously. you look like the fool here buddy. lets give away all our draft picks for 2 years to get 1 WR. yeah thats super smart

18. JetsNation06

The only thing that's rotten is your nose up Douglas' crack. Everyone knows your bias and it's clear for all to see. I never said all our draft picks either, reading comprehension genius lol

Your avatar pic says it all. Guys like you are the dumbest Jets fans of all.

Jets69 likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

lol

20. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

i wish, but, he'll be long gone.....unless we totally implode.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.