Saleh Interview - TMKS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 8, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's not the stats part it's the part where he looks awful and throws the game away. zach is not making the "big mistakes" which is keeping the games close. zach also has the ability to make some crazy throws in desperate times. with simian in he could be making the big mistakes that turn into blowouts and he doesn't have the ability to make the big throws late in games. it's a downgrade at the position. change for the sake of change is dumb. it's like saying i'm tired of my 2000 honda civic so i'll just sell it and get a 1980 pinto. it' can't be worse

and why would I not want simian? if he was good i'd want him. he's not. why do you think he was out of the NFL? he has had 6 starts in his last 3 years and hasn't won a single one. he was so bad in his last start (last year) that nobody signed him in the offseason not even as a PS 3rd stringer.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

When I have time I'll go searching through our interactions. For now you'll just have to take my word for it.

3. GasedAndConfused

well i know what i've said so I think i'll take my actual words over what you think I may have said for now lol

The_Darksider likes this.
  4. The_Darksider

I think it's pretty arguable that Zach is not throwing the game away. The Jets should be winning those games by multiple scores but they're not. Who's to say that throwing the game away is as obvious as throwing multiple pics?

What's that expression, one man's trash is another man's treasure? Your treasure is keeping the game close so that the defense or special teams can win it, my trash is that he's holding them back. Potato, po-tot-o, six of one, half dozen of another. Should I come up with more clichés?

SOJAZ and Mogriffjr like this.
  5. The_Darksider

This is very strange. I quite literally, maybe 15 minutes ago started a thread in the general forum asking what happened to that guy lol

6. The_Darksider

I'm the opposite, he was trolling the boards 10 years ago when I was more of a regular, and I just made a post asking what happened to him because I've been reminded of him lately.

7. The_Darksider

OK, I don't need to go searching, here is what I'm talking about. You go through an entire four paragraph post explaining this that and the other thing, then when I point something out that makes sense, you say never mind, he's better than the other guy, and try to close the subject.

Based on solely your opinion. It is strictly an opinion that he's better than the other guys, not based on any fact you can come up with.

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

he's playing conservative and not throwing the INTs he was his 1st 2 years that killed us. saleh has even said in interviews that he wants to keep games close until the 4th and grind them out. I think the issue with the offense is more slaeh and hackett and injuries then it is soley zach. we also can't seem to have any consistency. shit just never works out. every time we have rhythm we kill ourselves on routine shit. wrong routes, dumb penalties, drops, a bad throw, dumb luck.

I mean there was 1 play I think 2 games ago IIRC. it was man coverage. GW was coming from the right across the field on a deep drag/deep out. it was cleared out from the other routes. he should have had 1v1 coverage. he beat his man. breece was the dump off option. zach got pressure right away which killed the other routes of being viable and had to bail. he brought time but when he bailed, hall did what RBs are taught to do and started going upfield. issue is that took his man into the play who was able to bat away the ball for GW who had beat his man. it's really nobodies fault outside of the quick pressure allowed form the o-line. the play call was fine, zach brought time and made the right read, GW beat his man, breece did he correct thing. it just didn't work out. I watch the all 22 clips and I see way too many WRs right next to each other. the route combos seem off and we can't hit quick throws because the line doesn't hold up currently. we have a lot of issues. zach is part of the problem, but not the whole problem.

9. GasedAndConfused

it's not just my opinion. it's the opinion of every GM and CS and front office in the NFL. there is a reason he was unemployed unit 2 weeks ago and no team made him any offers. out HC came out and said zach gives us the bets chance to win and that he has no interest in bringing simian up to the active roster right now so it's his opinion too.

10. The_Darksider

He may not be throwing INT's, but he's fumbling. He's missing open receivers, he's running backwards when he's under pressure, these things matter. Interceptions are not the only mark against the quarterbacks performance.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. The_Darksider

It may be a different discussion, but if two backup quarterbacks are on your roster, and neither one of them gives you as good or better a chance to win than the absolute chump you have in there now, then shame on the entire front office for allowing that to happen. As I said, I'm aware this is a different discussion, but if you're not even willing to try something different when it's not working, then scrap the whole thing.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Fumbles and turnover on downs are just the same as interceptions and Wilson has done both a couple times a game for like a solid month of football.

I dont want to hear anything about improvement with protecting the football

The_Darksider and SOJAZ like this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

he has ran backwards a couple of times. but more often then not he's climbed the pocket under pressure or hung in and made the throw.
    the fumbles were not all his fault. QB gets the credit for all of them but he had a new OC (3rd of the game) and the 1st snap from him wasn't great. breece took his eye off a perfectly catch-able toss which got credited to zach as a fumble by rule. he lost a couple getting his arm hit while hanging in the pocket to make a throw. some were his fault though.
    I've also watched him work the pocket to by time and make the right read and deliver good passes for them to be dropped.

he's made some mistakes for sure and realistically his best games he looks like a at best borderline top 20 QB and his worst games this year he looks like a top 25-28. It's still better then being by and far the worst starter. he's also a backup so you can only expect so much and he's better then the other backups we have so we don't have a better option currently. why do you think the giants are trotting out devito, and the raiders AOC, and the bears bagnet. there isn't that many good QBs in the world for every team to have 1 let alone 2.

14. GasedAndConfused

literally every single team is in the same boat. if mahomes goes down, the chiefs are running gabbert. if allen goes down the bills are running allen. every backup QB is a chump. even the supposedly "better ones" like winston and minshew have been bad this year.

15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

8 fumbles, 5 TDs 5 ints. Yes indeed, that is progress. BTW, where areall the ZW truthers? LOL, no where to be found....it seems.

16. The_Darksider

I [​IMG]

This is what you do turn yourself into to trying to defend Zach. You are gracious enough to say he's not that great, but then go defend everything he does by giving excuses. Breece took his eyes off the ball, new offensive coordinator, only ran backwards a couple of times, he's a back up, on and on and on.

17. The_Darksider

And literally almost every other team isn't only a quarterback, not even a quarterback, somewhat adequate quarterback play away from flipping their entire season. If the Jets had even mid-level game manager level quarterback play, they are likely 6–2 now and in the hunt for the number one seed. Instead, we have Zach "Mr. improving" Wilson who is "keeping them in games" when in reality he's preventing them from winning them far more easily than they are, and keeping them in games to have chances to lose them.

I would expect those types of remarks about a quarterback who was piloting a team with a ton of holes, and was keeping them in games long enough to at least give them a shot. Not a team with a top defense, good offensive talent, and a real chance to make noise. Instead, the Jets choose to, and you seem to agree with them, let the season slip away in hopes of…what? That he suddenly flips a switch and the lightbulb comes on?

Nah. They are wasting an entire season that could be something. Screwing over 52 other guys on the team, several others on the practice squad, and fans as well.

18. GasedAndConfused

stating things that are true doens't measn i'm defending him. I'm looking at the whole picture reasonably and pointing out the good and the bad, while admitting he's not a good starting QB, but understanding that we don't have a better option and that he is a backup and doing about as well as you can expect a backup to do in a tough spot.

it's a much better take then angrily ranting about how your grandma can do better then him like most people are doing here

19. GasedAndConfused

yes they are. what happened to the colts when peyton manning went down?

20. The_Darksider

We need a laughing button rather than just like. The Grandma thing is funny, but I don't think anyone is insistent that anyone would be would be better, I think people are insisting that we at least try when we have urge quarterbacks on the team. Does Zach Wilson have to have his head ripped off in order to try one of these other guys? How much worse can it be then no offense touchdowns in the past zillion games other than when they are given the ball on the 7 yard line or Breece Hall break tackles on a dump off?