Pathetic

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Nov 6, 2023.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

First off, no more excuses for Zach. None. He has no pocket awareness, he is woefully inconsistent and he simply can not lead this team. The experiment is over. But that is just the beginning. Hackett can not coach for shit and RS has zero pulse on the offense. And the woes don’t stop there. Lazard screwed up more than two plays, simply put is not worth having him out there. The TEs are more mistake prone than catches. The entire offense is an undisciplined mess. Dumb penalties up across the board. Add a putrid line and we have nothing offensively. Nothing but one RB and WR with nowhere to go.
    An embarrassing coaching and player display with so much at stake.

#21 LAJet, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

How would anyone know if Ruckert is awful? We only see him about 15 seconds a month.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. TwoHeadedMonster

I went back and looked at this specifically (just highlights, not full film review) -- Becton looked good against Bosa and Mack both, even on the plays where Zach held the ball forever. 6 of the 8 sacks Zach took, he held the ball longer than 4 seconds, which is insane. The sack I saw that came from the left was Mack running through and over Uzomah, Becton was handling his man on the inside.

I didn't look at run attempts, but Becton looked to me like our best pass protector last night. Admittedly, not a high bar.

boozer32, jessedark, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Okay yeah I agree totally. But I hate the fact that we have to hold the other guys to a higher standard than the ten ton elephant in the room.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. TwoHeadedMonster

Looks like Becton got credited for allowing one sack, but I don't see where -- he was blocking his man inside when Mack ran over Uzomah on the left, and he was blocking his man (Bosa, I think it was) when Zack rolled left and the DT came through the inside and rand him down. Those were the two that were closest to him, but in both cases Becton was doing his job and somebody else got beat, so I don't know why he would get dinged for it.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he did let up a sack. i remember seeing it, Can't remember who was the rusher. tomlinson let up 1 as well when he was choking out bosa and bosa still got to zach. the right side was a turnstyle all game.

7. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I agree and it sucks. But I'm sure they all know he sucks so they also know they have to play clean otherwise there is no chance. Shitty circumstances but if they made no mistakes last night we probably are in the game despite ZW sucking.

boozer32 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

LA, I couldn't agree more. I just posted that I thought RS was part of the problem and now the team is, in MHO, tettering on chaos. You heard Akiman last night, you can not expect to march out the same shit show O week-in and week-out and expect the D not to implode. I am not fortune teller but this eerily similar to last year bust.... and we know what happened.

RS is part of the problem now. There is no reason or justification to continue to play ZW and to state that he will not make any - as in any changes on O - is tantamount to negligence.

mezzavo, boozer32 and LAJet like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree. This team will fall apart unless we do something significant. Unfortunately, we have no decent back up to put in.

Jets79 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Conklin was a good TE. Ruckert looked like he was going to be a great TE. I don't understand why/how they're playing so poorly. Maybe all the injuries caused Hackett to change some of their responsibilities and they're having to think too much.

I'd really like to see major changes next year, but they won't happen, they can't happen because of the bind trading for Rodgers put the team into capwise and draft pick-wise. Ideally, I'd like to see Saleh fired and an offensive-minded HC hired and the WCO scrapped for a simpler, easier to execute offense. Jettison everyone on offense except GW, Ruckert, Breece, Izzy, AVT, Tippman, Gipson, Brownlee, and Warren. It's time to move on from Zach and Becton. Becton just can't handle speed rushers and Zach is either ruined or never had the football IQ to begin with. I'd like to keep Ulbrich as DC, but he probably wouldn't stay.

As a result of nothing much changing, this is likely it for me. 59 years of frustration and wasted time and energy on this joke of a franchise is enough. For certain, I'm not watching any more games this season, and I probably will only be here sporadically, if at all, which will make a lot of posters here happy.

#30 NCJetsfan, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    boozer32 and ouchy like this.
  11. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

R-E-L-A-X

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Death, taxes, the vernal equinox, Zach sucking like a vacuum cleaner. Some things you just can always count on without fail.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Lots of good thoughts. Becton actually seems to be improving and didn’t do too bad against Bosa, but overall our combined performance offensively starting with the OC has been dismal. Our inability to establish the run has been a big mystery and to a large part a combination of porous OL and scheme related. Very frustrating.

14. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Joe D needs to get his share of blame in the offensive struggles. In his quest to land Rodgers he basically had him bring over his friends including Cobb, Lazard, Turner. All of which I think we can admit stink. I mean Lazard just can't catch a ball. Turner sucks even as a backup and Cobb is well Cobb. So instead of concentrating on strengthening our #2 WR we are stuck with Lazard. On top of this he goes into the season with DBrown as LT and MB who has not played in two years as right tackle (not his natural position). Instead of solidfying the OL in the draft he lands McDonald who has seen little playing time. He could have drafted another offensive lineman especially considering the questionable state of the OL but nope he went with another pass rusher. . I could go on but I believe Douglas gotta a lot good will from the draft class two years ago. Anyway, it is going to be tough going ahead as we just don't have much talent on the offensive side of the ball except for Hall, Wilson,

boozer32, papapump and Cman68 like this.
  15. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Keep the chin up NC. You are a big fan of Zach and there is nothing wrong with that.

Your also not the first GM, real or armchair, to really think a QB was going to succeed in the NFL and it didn't quite work out. Pretty much get in line with everyone else who has ever tried to make these decisions since the NFL was invented. They don't always work out.

If there is any fairness left in the world at some point.... SOME point.... the Jets will get a QB solution and win some big playoff games and its just gonna be glorious when the day actually comes. Don't get rattled by a soul crushing decade here or there. Eye on the prize :)

westiedog1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

ruckert has 141 snaps on offense or roughly 17-18 a game. he's getting some play time. he also has 117 snaps on special teams

boozer32 likes this.
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The guy who is always accusing other posters of not being real Jet fans isn't going to be watching anymore Jets games this season...even though were 4-4.

Everyone knew he was a Giants fan all along.

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree with your post except for Cook playing. He has been awful since they picked him up.

19. boozer32

I agree Saleh is a huge part of the problem. No consistency other than losing and looking bad in the process. They look unprepared and that is unacceptable for a head coach. Okay, who do we look at for the next head coach? Cause I'm finished with Saleh.

mezzavo likes this.
  20. boozer32

I would dump Ruckert. He's a turnstile on pass protection. He's a non-factor in the passing game.