Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I get on some level having Aaron Rodgers guys brought in. But holy hell I can't believe how bad they've been.

Lazard has been so so bad. Mistake after mistake and hands somehow even worse than advertised. Billy Turner is garbage. They should play Xavier Newman next week. Cobb predictably brings nothing to the table. And Hackett hasn't shown a thing. If Aaron Rodgers wasn't coming back I'd want him gone.

But I keep coming back to his failure to bring a legitimate backup QB in the off-season. His denial about Zach is malpractice. Fine as a 3rd QB. You put Brissett and numerous other backups in this O and they're right in the thick of things in the AFC. Oh and he refused to at the deadline when Brissett or Even freaking Josh Dobbs would have been had foe a day 3 pick and gives the team a chance. Repeat of last year coming up. Awful

SOJAZ, Jets79, papapump and 7 others like this.
  2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Aaron didn't see open guys either...he'd be getting sacked alot as well

JohnnyJet likes this.
  3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

No ol. No qb. That's a fail. 50% doesn't pass any test I herd of

JohnnyJet and dawinner127 like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

When you look around the league and see other offenses with these QBs it's really mind blowing isn't it?

The Colts lost Anthony Richardson are playing a backup in Minshew and are the only team in the NFL to score over 20 points in every single game this year. We have GW and Breece Hall who you could argue would be the best two players on that offense.

The Vikings lost Cousins for the year and went out to get Dobbs. Dobbs didn't even know the WRs names or playbook and he still went out and dropped 31 points and a win. KOC was breaking down the play in the headset up until 15 seconds. He was teaching his OL the cadence on the sideline.

San Fran traded 3 freaking 1sts to get Lance and they moved on within a handful of games.

It's unbelievable how they are content about not hurting little zachs feelings. Entire staff and regime sucks ass.

JohnnyJet, SOJAZ, Jets79 and 4 others like this.
  5. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

The vast majority of how an OL protects comes from the protections the QB assigns at the line. It’s 2023, please learn how the game works.

Acad23, IDFjet and The_Darksider like this.
  6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Teams are moving on from guys that are better than Zach in a lot less time. I refuse to believe that anybody can be so dumb as to do this without being forced to.

Jets79 and dawinner127 like this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

The only other alternative is that the CS/GM have no integrity so its either that or they actually like ZW.

8. The_Darksider

I see two options: either they both are really that dumb, or they're being forced by the owner, who by all accounts has a relationship with Wilson's uncle.

Nothing I see from Saleh's body language and demeanor during press conferences after poor performances by the offense even hint at sincerity. He's walking the company line. He's a beaten man.

#88 The_Darksider, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

If you are right, and its very possible, then imo that is a lack of integrity since he's letting the players, other coaches, etc down knowlingly.

Most of us need a job to support a family and may have to toe the line etc but you really think this is the case for JD and Saleh?

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Saleh has definitely had it with Wilson. I think his brother or something is on twitter unloading on Wilson weekly, which gives us a view into how Robert Saleh feels. On top of his lack of sincerity during pressers as you mention

---

Joe Douglas though, I don't care if that doofus Woody is a Wilson influencer or not, Douglas clearly doesn't want to admit his mistake drafting Wilson 2nd overall. He could've brought in anyone better on numerous occasions and he refuses. It's poor management and it is on him.

11. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Terrible post. Fan fail.

Acad23 likes this.
  12. The_Darksider

I do, unfortunately. I really believe it. I think it's extremely obvious that the coach is walking a line, his body language is the exact opposite of the words he's saying. Look at the interview with him from yesterday where he asked if Wilson was holding the ball too long, he stuttered and hemmed and hawed. It's obvious that he does not believe in Wilson but he's saying he does.

I don't know whether Douglas is forcing this or Woody Johnson is forcing this, but my money is on Woody.

Jets79 and papapump like this.
  13. The_Darksider

I find it hard to believe that Douglas really is that stubborn about Wilson. Of course it's entirely possible, but it is difficult for me to believe that anyone in a public forum could stick to something so obviously wrong - to the detriment of everything and everyone else around him. If that is the case, then he obviously does not deserve his position and will never get another one.

14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

don't invest in the o-line? our previous GM only signed low tier FAs and used a couple of late picks. JD in 4 drafts has used 2 1sts, a 2nd, 2 4ths plus signed the 2nd best OC and the best OG. when healthy our o-line is 1st rounder, top FA, 2nd best FA, 2nd rounder, 1st rounder. how much more can you invest? injuries are killing us

15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

1 good RB, 1 good WR, and zero good TEs is far from stacked. Only in Jets-land is that considered an ample number of good skill players.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

conklin is an above average TE in the NFL. it's the o-line injuries killing us.

17. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Ask yourself this, if we had the best OL in the league, could Zach win us games?

I'd say no.

JohnnyJet, SOJAZ and IDFjet like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

yes he could. he's also the backup QB. it was supposed to be rodgers out there

19. REVISion

I agree with all of this, but I'd also add that all of those teams have good offensive-minded coaches who help all of their QBs play well. It just goes to show how deep the problems run with the Jets. We have neither a good QB nor the wherewithal to realize that we should have hired an offensive mind as our HC.

Jets79 likes this.
  20. REVISion

Conklin is 23rd in the NFL in fantasy points among TEs. He was 17th last season. He is not above average, and even if he was it wouldn't change my point.