The Official "Draft a QB in 2024" thread.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Nov 6, 2023.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm inclined to think this too. I know Hackett was signed to sweeten the deal for Rodgers but is he really so important that Rodgers flat out wouldn't play without him? I don't think so.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Jets were just lucky beating Bills Eagles …Defense came through

The rest of the league has figured out what hot garbage the Offense is

Trade for a QB? I banged the table for weeks posting that we should have done that

But The Front Office and Woody are just there to do nothing but grift and con us

Face it>>> NYJs one of the worst Franchises in Sports

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Our front office and head coach

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The most frustrating thing is we never even considered another QB.
    30 minutes after Rodgers goes down we are announcing unequivocally that Zach is our qb even though we have all have seen what a turd he is.

I would be shocked if the defense and team doesn’t start a revolt in the upcoming weeks.
    It is so sad that I fly to Vegas on Friday and I am actually not even excited at this point.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

We just break quarterbacks. We put them behind busted offensive lines and they become more focused on how they will get hit every play instead of progressing through reads.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

joelip likes this.
  6. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Have to address QB in the draft. pennix, ewers, etc. get somebody and try again.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Remind me again why we need to use our draft capital to wreck another young QB when we have a crap offensive line and only one good wide receiver.

If Aaron Rodgers is on our payroll next year perhaps we should use our first round pick helping him instead of pissing him off like the Packers did.

joelip likes this.
  8. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

O LINE O LINE O LINE O LINE OLINE OLINE OLINE OLINE OLINE OLINE OLINE

Just get us an O LINE.

Roger’s nor Wilson nor any QB can function with the TURNSTILE O LINE Jets have.

Oh and thanks for the 15% increase on my season tickets now due in November. What are they afraid of? A mass exodus when fans realize this team SUUUUUUUUCKS!!!

NY Jets68 and joelip like this.
  9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

If that implodes, you clean house and have a lame duck first round QB.

[/QUOTE]

I don’t think Bo Nix is a lame Duck.

egbert souse likes this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I bet Woody was banking on a three game winning streak (Giants, Chargers, and Raiders) boosting the morale of the fanbase before the season tickets came due. Kind of funny that this may blow up in his face, now that we're looking at a win over the Giants (but one of those games that will go down as one of the worst football games ever played), and then losses over a bad Chargers team and now a Raiders team that just fired its coach midseason.

Hilarious to think that this team was being talked up by the media after beating the Eagles. We're going to be 4-7 heading into December.

mezzavo and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Great point! It was no accident that Rodgers got maimed during his first series. With the turnstile players we have at OL it was just a matter of time when he’d be knocked onto IR. Which brings up the question: yes we need to draft a new franchise QB, but can we afford to spend one of our high 2024 draft picks on a QB and not give Rodgers at least a new OT and WR at this point?

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I’m good with the idea of picking a QB as long as a new general manager is the one evaluating

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this team won't be in the top 10 to get a QB. Even if you split with the dreadful teams the rest of the way, it's still 6 or 7 games and that will probably be right around 13-15. I also don't trust this regime whatsoever to develop the QB after missing on zach and riding him out after the AR injury.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

First and foremost the OL needs to be fixed. This offseason. I'm talking 2 maybe even 3 new players. And reliable depth behind those players...a complete retooling. All playoff teams have good sturdy OLs - that is the backbone of a good team. I've made this point in other posts - THEY NEED TO PLAY TOGETHER IN THE PRESEASON....I blame the coaching staff for this. ALL OLs need cohesion. You can't jumble guys out of position every week and go along with "The 5 best guys" mantra. Why did have Mitchell at RG? He's not a guard. They would of been better off re-inserting Tippman at RG and play Newman at C I think. At least for continuity.

They need more playmakers....Why has Izzy not been activated? Insert a little life into this team...Cook is pretty much toast. Of course with this jumbled mess of an OL even Breece hasn't been able to get going the last couple of games...WR? This room definitely needs an upgrade. They need more size. Cobb seems to be toast too. Lazard is a major disappointment - how many big plays has he ruined with these ridiculous penalties?

QB - We know Rodgers is coming back if not this year definitely next year. So to answer your last question they will not be drafting a QB. There's no point as no QB will be successful behind this current line. There are only so many draft picks and the Jets don't even have a second rounder. So I would think OL and WR are going to be heavily fortified. Even if Zach isn't the answer I don't see QB being addressed until 2025. They probably roll with AR and hope he sticks around through 2025 so he can guide their new draft pick. At least that sounds like a plan....but if this OL isn't fixed for next year JD and Saleh both won't be around for 2025.

15. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

In 2021, I said that Douglas could not afford to get the QB pick wrong. Had every opportunity to scout the hell out of that draft and learn everything there was to learn about all prospects.

Granted, it's not an exact science but how the hell do you replace a bad QB (Darnold) with the absolute WORST starting QB in the league....Unexcusable. I agree, JD should not be the one drafting our next QB.

NYJetsO12 and Jets-N-Terps like this.
  16. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Woody clearly wants Zach to play. I think he sees himself in Zach; a semi retarded trust fund baby who never earned a thing in his life.

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  17. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

No!!!!! O-Line before anything!

papapump likes this.
  18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we can live with AVT and Becton as our starting tackles Tippman can play center leaving both starting guard spots as priorities going into the offseason after we cut Tomlinson loose.

We also need to find more skill players.

GreenFan15J and barfolomew like this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hard to depend on those guys given their injury history.... Hopefully solid OL prospects will be available at their first pick or 2 and a quality QB prospect slides to rd 3 due to some reason (injury, shitty team in a tough conference, etc)...

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Forgive the sarcasm but I feel like a 55 year long loser banking on the Jets

My revenge/statement is to NEVER buy a single JeT game ticket until we change

Sorry ..but you have to be a complete idiot to buy Season Tickets from that fraudster Woody J

mezzavo and jets_fan like this.