Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

He implemented a plan that failed. He hasn't fixed the offensive line in almost 5 years. Included in his plan was Zach Wilson to backup Rodgers. Those are two huge fails. On top of that he failed again to bring in a better option to ZW once Rodgers went down. I seriously don't think Woody is forcing ZW on him and if he is then that's a bigger issue that won't be fixed.

JohnnyJet, SOJAZ, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Agreed. His plan has failed, and spectacularly so. He's only lasted this long because of one great draft, which was great because the Seahawks don't know how to trade correctly and Garrett Wilson fell into his lap because the Falcons can't evaluate talent.

JohnnyJet and semperfigreen like this.
  3. semperfigreen

JD riding the GW, Hall, JJ draft is funny cause that's all he has done. One of worst GMs in NFL.

JohnnyJet, GoldenShowers and jets_fan like this.
  4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's amazing what the illusion of progress can do for a desperate fanbase.

Put Douglas in any other franchise where, you know, results actually matter, and he'd already be gone.

JohnnyJet, SOJAZ, JetDan and 5 others like this.
  5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

It definitely won't be fixed, it hasn't been fixed in 25 years. This isn't the first time he stuck his nose in and did similar type things, this one is just a much bigger scale because of the circumstances. Brett Favre, Tim Tebow, all designed around big names that will sell tickets and keep the Jets in the news but don't have any logic in the plan that was being implemented.

And Douglas's plan didn't fail. Not even close. He built a good defense, he got a couple of cornerstone offensive pieces. The team was completely bereft of talent less than three years ago. His attempts at the offensive line failed, no question. The quarterback was the big fail here as well. But rather than give him the chance to fix it someway or another, he was forced to implement a win plan with a quarterback who not only was well past his prime, but would significantly impact their youth plan and the salary cap after this year.

It was a gamble, a big gamble to win now and strike while the iron was hot and it failed. Miserably. And we will be back where we were a couple of years ago very soon.

6. semperfigreen

Your delusional thinking his plan didn't fail. The offense is as bad as it was when he got here with Gase. The product on the field and his record are failures. But keep telling yourself it didn't fail.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  7. The_Darksider

Illusion of progress? There's no illusion. There was absolutely progress. And it's not just one good draft, he has done a lot with undrafted free agents, picking a bunch of guys up off the scrapheap.

The illusion is the retro look back at going to get Aaron Rodgers and the train completely derailing to make an attempt to win now. Of course that makes it look like everything failed.

8. The_Darksider

The quarterback is as bad as it was in that area, not the offense. Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson are generational talents compared to what the Jets had with Frank Gore and Robbie Anderson.

The common denominator with the Jets all the time is Woody Johnson meddling, and a terrible quarterback making the entire offense look terrible.

It never changes. Same cycle, same circumstances every time.

Jets79 and GoldenShowers like this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

There's only one problem with this team, Zach Wilson. He just hasn't developed as quickly as the rest of the team. Then there's the FO which hasn't acted on the what is so obviously clear. I guess that's two.

The D played great last night. I feel sorry for them to have to come off the field and watch the sh#t-show that is the Jets offense.

Jets79 and IDFjet like this.
  10. semperfigreen

He failed to fix anything. Stop making excuses for him. This sounds ridiculous. His record as a GM is embarrassing. The product on the field symbolizes the shit job he has done.

JohnnyJet and Ralebird like this.
  11. semperfigreen

I agree the QB problem is the main issue. But he hasn't fixed it. This is one of the worst offenses in the league.

The_Darksider and westiedog1 like this.
  12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

The only way to get ZW outta there is if Aaron says its time for a change--and ZW's got Aaron snookered.

Living in Wisconsin I can tell you that AR is susceptible to being conned. He was swearing his good friend Ryan Braun was clean until Braun admitted it.

13. The_Darksider

lol i'm a serious darksider, and you are making me look like a Sunshiner. Most of this ties back to the quarterback. Not all of it obviously, Lazard sucks balls. The line isn't good. The offensive coordinator is a shit show.

But the line is below average, it's not putrid. It is being made to look putrid because Zach holds the ball way too long. Some of those sacks last night were two seconds or more, an NFL quarterback needs to be able to get rid of the ball quickly when he knows he's going to get slammed. There's no feel, there's no adjustment, there is no awareness.

Everything I just mentioned was done to appease Aaron Rodgers. So I can't understand how you can say that the plan sucks before that. Cobb, Lazard, Hackett - all because we blew everything up for Aaron Rodgers.

SOJAZ, Jets79, REVISion and 3 others like this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I really have no idea how anyone can wake up this morning and still back Douglas as an above average GM and become unhinged when others point out the GMs flaws and say he is closer to an F GM than an A GM. He is legit wasting the prime years of Hall, GW, DJ Reed, Quincy, Quinnen, Sauce, Huff, and JJ because he refuses to get a real NFL caliber QB undercenter. It is GM malpractice.

JohnnyJet, SOJAZ, REVISion and 5 others like this.
  15. The_Darksider

There are two options, Woody Johnson and Joe Douglas. Woody Johnson has done this type of shit before, Douglas, before Johnson came back from England, did nothing like this. So I'm going to assume it's Johnson. If it turns out that Douglas was complicit in this whole change of direction, then he's a piece of shit that needs to go too. But until I see proof, the blame squarely on the shoulders of one Woody Johnson to me.

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

You ever look at their offense how stacked it is with young studs? It’s not a complete fail. The OL is a complete fail. And Rodgers got hurt.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Rodgers didn't get hurt because the OL sucked. He held onto the ball and tried to extend a play that he didn't have to. This notion that the OL got him hurt is just wrong.

Zach has the longest time to throw out of any QB in the league. It was 3.67 seconds last night. He makes the OL like significantly worse than it is.

SOJAZ, Ralebird, Jets81 and 7 others like this.
  18. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

It’s just crazy whoever is pulling the strings is so loyal to Zach.

I mean, San Fran already moved on from stretch Lance and they used 3 first round picks to get him.

Based on Saleh, I don’t think it’s his choice even. Wilson is horrendous. I can’t even blame OL at this point because he can’t even make basic throws to soften the D.

As good of a job the GM did filling out the roster, this will be his downfall.

19. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

It's all because of the failure to admit he made a mistake picking zach #2 overall. That is by far the biggest problem. Other teams have below average O lines and they still can score and look competent. Not us. Only zach wilson can take a below average o line and make them look like the worst line in the league by a wide margin. Aikman was probably even a little too nice in his analysis of zach and the rest of the offense.

I was DONE with zach when he got hurt after a terrible pass in the 1st preseason game last year That was when Douglas and the rest of the jets brass should have realized that he wasn't the guy and WILL NEVER BE THE GUY...NOT HERE...NOT ANYWHERE. Smart businesses and organizations identify and move on from mistakes quickly. Poorly run ones stubbornly hold on and cling to hope. We can clearly see which one the Jets are.

Unless there is a QB change, we are looking at another implosion just like last year and the countless other ones we've seen this team have in the past.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bottom line you gotta win games if you are a general manager of a football club. the Jets havent won anything with Joe Douglas.