And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Dig his dead body up and prop him up at QB, he’d be better than Zach.

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I didn't watch it either, but according to Siciliano on Twitter, Saleh said they're not looking at a change at either QB or playcaller. Saleh also said it wasn't even close to Wilson's worst performance.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

No change at play caller and no change at QB.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Which is probably true but he’s played 30 games and has 20 TDs. The incompetency at the QB position is going to waste this defense. How hard is it to ask a team to score 2 TDs a game when every rule leans in your favor. It’s mind blowing really

Jets79, NY Jets68 and GoldenShowers like this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Again, the amount of talent on this team that is being wasted , is criminal. Any other organization would have made changes by now realizing what potential the team has.

Jets79, SackRecord99, tomdeb and 5 others like this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

All players develop at different rates. He's CJ Stroud in the making, it's just taking some time you clueless idiots!

7. jets_fan

I guess it's technically true, when you factor in the fact that he had that all-time terrible game against New England last year that cost him his job.

The comment from Saleh, though, surely has to sound like an endorsement of Wilson to the rest of the locker room and, given how well the defense has played while trying to carry our putrid offense, it's only going to serve as more fuel on the fire for the eventual fracture of the locker room.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well that’s not saying much. He’s had some insulting performances

Since1969 and stinkyB like this.
  9. stinkyB

No way, seriously?!?!

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Nope, and if I'm remembering correctly, pretty sure he stuck with his, "he wasn't that bad" shtick too.

I was 2 bourbons deep and listening to it on the lowest sound level possible on my phone in bed so I didn't wake the wife up, so I might be mistaken. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

11. jets_fan

At this point, you have to wonder how much Rodgers has to do with this. Last year, Saleh eventually saw enough and benched this guy for Streveler, a guy who literally can't throw the ball with any semblance of accuracy. Now, granted we had a different OC the past two years, but Wilson has been repeatedly outplayed by the likes of an at the end of his career Joe Flacco and the literal definition of journeymen JAGs like Josh Johnson, Mike White, and Chris Streveler. I mean, I know that Tim Boyle and Trevor Siemian (sp?) aren't very good, but are they really THAT bad that we can't give them a shot.

12. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Probably shouldn't have been retained this season at all.

Really should not have been allowed back on the field for the Chiefs game.

After his phantom improvement combined with some serious smoke and mirrors completely evaporated for all to see against the Giants last week he definitely should have been demoted for the Charger game. In my mind this 3 game Charger/Raider/Bill stretch is (was?) the critical phase of this season. You took the shot to the solar plexus with Rodgers going down immediately, your lucky as **** to be in it now record wise, if you can win 2 of those 3 your a really good bet for the playoffs and some healthy vibes in the organization. You have to field something to try to score a few points and at least show the rest of your team your serious and trying.

Instead we got Zach doing his very best. Which is 6 points.

Could have been pro-active and maybe pulled it out. At worst gone down trying. Now your screwed. Train wreck time.

And the Jets front office deserves whatever happens at this point. I'm a pretty sympathetic and patient fan but I've got no sympathy right now whatsoever.

Jets79, SackRecord99, tomdeb and 5 others like this.
  13. jets_fan

But, he didn't throw an INT. So, yay, progress! :D

Meanwhile, C.J. Stroud threw as many TDs this past week as Wilson has all season and threw for almost a third as many yards in that one game as Wilson has managed all season, and for a team that has been terrible the past couple of years. There just aren't any more excuses left for Wilson, despite how many Saleh wants to try out during his stand up comedy hour after each game.

14. BrowningNagle

On the electrifying field goal drive before half time, Wilson killed it with his boneheaded decision to flip it to Carter on 3rd down.

Carter was blocking for him. If he just runs it there it’s an easy first down in the red zone

15. stinkyB

On this play even my old man was yelling "Run you idiot!".... then halftime he went inside to go to bed, and left me to watch the rest of the shitshow alone. (usually thats a good luck charm... but no cause for me to wake up his neighbors this time)

16. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

He's going to have a Josh McDaniels type mutiny if he keeps trotting zach out there. This season feels like a total implosion just like last year and it starts and ends with the quarterback. He's traded last year's awful interceptions for awful fumbles and even more terrible sacks this year. There just isn't any winning with this guy unless the rest of the team is perfect. There is ZERO margin for error. The suffering of watching him hold the ball too long and miss easy plays is exhausting.

Jets79, Pepsiguy5, papapump and 5 others like this.
  17. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Mutiny? For what? They don’t have anyone else, what’s so difficult to comprehend.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  18. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

They do. Make it a Trevor November!

19. stinkyB

Remember the last time the JETS had a #2 overall bust as a back-up QB... who came in for the starter who tore his achilles.... and sucked and was then replaced by a Punter, and special teamer to play QB and they won some games?

20. BrowningNagle

Gipson is a little short to play QB but I say worth a try to repeat history

jets_fan and Pepsiguy5 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.