Aaron Rodgers’ Injury - Return Date Watch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jixxjr, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Khan

Khan Active Member

That was the right one (plus it was over 2 years ago) and this time it's the left.

twown likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It’s against the CBA to take paycuts, he restructured and deferred

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Speed bridge for the win!

twown likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I looked at the details. 2025 is not guaranteed, only 75 is for the two years. If he didn't restructure from original deal, he would already have 60 mil in the bank. He was guaranteed 110 mil for two years. Now he is only guaranteed 75 over two. If he then decides to play extra year, Jets and him have to agree to the salary, because it is not guaranteed. This is a huge pay-cut from guaranteed 110 mil over just two years.

Imagine if you had a guaranteed contract, which pays you 60 mil this year, and 50 mil next year. If you decide to play the 3d year and the team wants you, depending on the level you play, you will sign another contract to add to that total. If you retire after 1st year, you've made 60 mil, after second year 110 mil.

Now imagine someone changed the contract where you are only guaranteed 37 this year, and 38 next year, instead of 60+50. The 3d year at 37.5 has 0 guarantees. Meaning, if the team thinks it is too much, they can renegotiate or waive you and not owe you a penny. If you retire after 1st year, you get 37 mil, if you retire after second - 75.

Look at these two contracts. The 1st one is significantly better, and it is not even close. Rodgers took a massive pay-cut for the Jets.

See above, you can call it whatever you want, but he is making a lot less in the next two years, and the 3d year is not guaranteed. This is a huge paycut, not matter what wording you use.

#384 Borat, Nov 5, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
    NOVAJET and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

He’ll need bionic legs to play behind this OL. I could see him getting sacked 6 times a game.

Borat likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly! It would be so typical the Jets for Rodgers to get the fanbase all excited about his coming back, actually come back to play, and then tear his achilles again, and crush everyone's spirit and the team's spirit just before the playoffs.

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well, he won't be coming back at this rate.....

KY Jets Fan and jets_fan like this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Right, there won't be a need to rush him back. Not with the play of the other 10 on the field.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol no it's not and he did take a pay cut. how can you argue something that isn't subjective at all

NOVAJET likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Consider this theory:

Aaron Rodgers never actually tore his Achilles. It was all a ruse

He’s not some super human that’s recovering way ahead of schedule, he’s just not even hurt. He’s fine.

Before the season, the Jets tried to get him and he was like “guys I wanna retire” and they were “come on we really want you” and he was like

“look I mean I could play but 17 weeks is way too freaking long, I wanna be part time, just the playoffs or something”

So him and the Jets concocted this plan. He will “get hurt” miraculously recover, (an F you to doctors- cause he don’t like them) and then be back in time for the fun part… aka December and the playoffs.

explains why Zach Wilson played all preseason and it explains why the Jets were willing to put the playing time conditions on the trade with Green Bay.

your thoughts

12. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

You’re starting to sound like a member of Q. I always knew it

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Two of the best players on the Jets defense are brothers named Q. So this checks out.