Aaron Rodgers’ Injury - Return Date Watch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jixxjr, Sep 11, 2023.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

LOL!

Saw it on the Badlands discord I'm in and came here to post it and share with you all but Brook already had it posted.

Get me the Damn Ball and Brook! like this.
  2. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Sorry if I annoyed the group with my comments about AR returning this season.

I agree with MrJet80 that Woody is just trying to keep asses in seats.

Still not willing to lap up the Koolaid...

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You think after Nov 15th (season tix deadline) they will quietly announce he’s not coming back?

jets_fan and stinkyB like this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He's probably getting a sales quota bonus....

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe the speed bridge is a Johnson & Johnson product. Like the lapband.

stinkyB likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If he doesn’t play for them next year it’ll be about the only time I ever feel bad for the Jet season ticket holder.

I don’t see why people would be upset about renewing for next year if he doesn’t come back this year. There’s a very real possibility we’re 6-8 and 3 games out of the 7 seed by the time he could miraculously play at the end of December.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Highly likely, I would think. On the Jets end, this whole thing has been about nothing more than selling tickets and merchandise. Rodgers just wanted out of Green Bay and we were a good landing spot for him, a desperate franchise that would bend to whatever he wanted and, in exchange, Woody got to sell a desperate fanbase a crap ton of jerseys and it was the only way left for the front office to justify selling a fed up fanbase on a ticket price increase.

There's no way he's coming back this season, assuming his injury is what they said it was. If he plays next year, great, whatever. But I've already resigned myself to the fact that the four snaps we got to see were all we're going to see of him in a Jets uniform. I'm quite irritated with myself for even having allowed my hopes to get up over this during the offseason, knowing full well that it wasn't going to actually come to fruition. And I'm certainly not going to let myself get excited over the offseason and training camp. If he lines up and plays for the Jets next year and actually makes it past the first offensive series, then awesome. But otherwise, I'm just going to assume I'm going to be watching Zach Wilson or some equally mediocre JAG that Douglas has signed off the street to come in and waste another year of the window this defense and special teams are giving us.

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I actually think this is the message Aaron is sending. Sure, it's crazy, but that's Aaron. He does things like that. Put a nugget out there, intentionally making people think it is 12/28 without actually saying it. Then brush around it, saying a lot of markers have to be hit, etc... Then shock everyone by attempting to come back on that date.

Now, even he does not know if it will be possible or not. But I do believe he is working towards the 12/28 goal. Hopefully he succeeds.

9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

What’s weirder:

the person who has the the most information about the rehab alluding the date he expects to return

or

people who have no first hand knowledge assuming that everything is an elaborate conspiracy designed to screw them over?

On a side note, it’s a pretty good summary of the world we currently live in. Trust the experts or believe the experts are trying to screw you.

NCJetsfan and Lon Chaney like this.
  10. stinkyB

Lighten up Francis...

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

He's was at the Breeders Cup yesterday. What s dick

12. nyjets20

nyjets20 New Member

It looks like Cam Akers tore his Achilles again today.

13. stinkyB

The same one?

twown likes this.
  14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

If it is, that's not good for us. Rodgers would surely be factoring this in as he considers rushing back to action.

On the plus side, a "career-ending" re-injury for Rodgers wouldn't be a terrible loss for him personally, since he was half-retired anyway.

REVISion likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It would be the pits for all of us. I rather have AR come back in full force next year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Looks like it was Akers' other achilles this time.

Borat and nyjets20 like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

I’m curious as to how his contract is structure. There were a lot of high fives around here when he “took a paycut.” Which wasn’t really a paycut but merely a deferment of money when you really read into it but I have no idea how that all works if he declares retirement.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Thank god.

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

What do you mean it wasn't really a paycut? He had 110 mil guaranteed, and he reduced it to 75 guaranteed. That's 35 mil paycut of actual guaranteed money, not a deferment. Gotta give credit when credit is due: Rodgers took the biggest paycut is the history of team sports. This is real, not a deferment.

If he does retire post this season, then he would have earned only 37 mil. Jets don't have to pay him remaining 38, just like they are not paying to Corey Davis now. This is quite a difference from what he had on the original deal, which would have paid him almost 60 bonus at the start of this year. Definitely no deferment there to read into.

NCJetsfan and NOVAJET like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

I don’t think that’s true regardless of what Adam Schefter’s tweet says. Look at the details.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/aaron-rodgers-3745/

If he wants to play in 2025 he’s due 37.5 million based on that breakdown.