And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I'm not debating any of the bolded; in fact I agree. Just pointing out that he has more 4th quarter comebacks than any other QB in his 2021 class.

The jets are also 9-7 in his last 16 starts which is mind blowing.

#1381 Lon Chaney, Nov 5, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
    KY Jets Fan likes this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'll give him a pass on that one.... to hit that sideline throw on the run like that wouldve been pretty remarkable. He got the the guy that put 'em in FG range to win.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’ll take a win any way I can get it, especially with this franchise.

I think the frustration many have is that the passing game is so bad that it forces the team to play from behind in spite of having a good defense.

If they converted a few more 3rd downs, converted a few more times in the Red Zone, ran backwards 30 yards to take a sack a couple less times…they’d be playing with leads and some of these comebacks wouldn’t be needed. Doing these things would still have them as a bottom 3rd offense in the league but a couple here and a couple there is the difference between a lead and needing a comeback.

It’s not all on Wilson but he’s the QB so naturally he’s going to take much of the blame. He’s got one of the best WR/RB combos in the league, a HOF QB and his chosen OC in his ear, and a strong defense on the other side of the ball, yet every single game is a struggle. Yes the OL is falling apart. Yes, as a group the WR’s are bad. Self sabotage has to go on the list as well.

The offense has scored 10 TD’s this season. The only team worse is the Giants (the team that handed us a win last week in spite of having a lead while not throwing the ball for most of the game) clocking in with 9 total TD’s.

The Jets can have a winning record while also having poor QB play and a terrible offense.

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I get it, and I want to give the kid credit for resilience (how many of us would have survived the media and fan onslaught?), I want to give him credit for clear improvement, and I want to give him all the credit in the world for how hard he's worked to be better with the media and say all the right things.

But I have a problem with people telling me I'm eating chocolate when it's actually dogshit. That's my issue, but it's fun.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It’s fun to eat dogshit?

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Lawrence has 6 if you the count the playoffs but point taken.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  7. Lon Chaney

That playoff win should count triple lol

stinkyB likes this.
  8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

That speaks more to how inept the offense is, when Wilson is under center, they're always behind, come from behind, means nothing to me

9. Lon Chaney

Agreed to an extent. The offense has been putrid. There's no debating that.

But it still counts that in the 4th quarter, where's most NFL games are decided, he's had some success.

NCJetsfan, cval and Jets69 like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

In this equation, it seems to be the knowledge that it's actually dogshit that makes it the most fun.

KY Jets Fan and The_Darksider like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

stinkyB and Jets81 like this.
  12. Lon Chaney

13. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yup…those QBs suck just as bad as Zach does…it was a bad QB class outside of Lawrence…fuck Adam Gase for costing us the opportunity to take the one great QB prospect in that class.

At the time I didn’t want Fields as he had all day to throw to wide open receivers at OSU so he didn’t impress me at all outside of his athleticism…I didn’t think he’d make a great NFL QB and so far I’ve seen nothing to the contrary. Honestly I didn’t know who Trey Lance was and clearly he’s been a bust, and Mac Jones was yet another in a pretty long line of Alabama QB’s who win titles because they are playing with a bunch of NFL players on their team and just don’t have to fuck it up, but he hasn’t been a good NFL QB either, to no one’s surprise.

It is what it is…Lawrence was the one good prospect in that class…Zach may have the highest ceiling of any of the others, but to date, he’s played as poorly as the others have…

KingRoach and Lon Chaney like this.
  14. Lon Chaney

Agree on every single point.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Mac sucks but Tua and Jalen Hurts are both pretty good. Alabama has turned a corner from the Jake Coker/AJ McCarron years at QB.

16. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I don’t and didn’t advocate for finding a quality backup to compete with Zach, but it’s tough to watch Josh Dobbs drop 3 TD’s in his first game for MIN with less than a week to prepare while we continue to try to pick the fly shit out of pepper examining little moments of Zach showing anything. Like I said in another thread, it’s about time Zach starts showing stats that support improvement. Have a game against SD, the worst pass D in the league, where we can’t argue whether or not it was a good performance.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If you're still defending Zach at this point as anything more than a backup, you should to be forced to watch the entire Texans Bucs game from start to finish before you can post again.

Jets79, stinkyB and Cidusii like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Sam Howell 29/45 for 325 1 TD/1INT in a road win against New England. Can you imagine the parade that would be thrown if Zach Wilson goes up to New England and does that?

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Im glad that game was broadcast here....CJ Stroud is something else! :cool:

HomeoftheJets and Lon Chaney like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can I just watch the first four plays of our season?

I'm kinda busy... :oops:

HomeoftheJets and Lon Chaney like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.