Deadline Options?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 16, 2023.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

SF got the better player for a pick that will be in the 90s while Chicago had to give up a top 35 lol

2. dawinner127

Where is that NCJETSFAN who says Douglas is an A+ GM? Dude is sleeping at the wheel rn....

Kryoptix likes this.
  3. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

He missed it cause Jets are full of it. Saleh saying “no one is trading OL.” Its more like no one is trading OL for absolutely nothing. Douglas considers a sixth or 7th rounder to steep so of course they get no one. He figures someone will take one of their bad contracts, it’s a joke.

IDFjet and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

dude calm down. the really only one maybe someone can call a miss was cleveland and even then nobody here knows (including me) if he's a scheme fit or if we have any interest. Not to mention he may want the roll over cap room

mrjet80 likes this.
  5. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

IDFjet, barfolomew and dawinner127 like this.
  7. dawinner127

I am very calm brother. Douglas is asleep at the wheel. Ezra Cleveland and DPJ are actual NFL players who just went for dart throw 6th round picks. What are we doing here? We need help outside and need help on the OL. Both players make this team better now for absolutely no cost.

We really need another Zack Kuntz? Bernard Converse? How about Jonathan Marshall last year? Braden Mann?

IDFjet and barfolomew like this.
  8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'd like some good additions to the OL and WR (and QB but that's not happening), but we don't have close to enough information to get mad that he didn't trade for Ezra Cleveland or Donovan Peoples-Jones. Those sound like good additions to me too, but I don't know those players' makeups or skill sets in great detail, other behind the scenes issues, etc.

barfolomew and GasedAndConfused like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

DPJ is trash and would be our WR 4 or 5 maybe. I'd rather see what we have in taylor and brownlee. and lets face it nobody here heard of cleveland until just now. and we don't know how JD feels about him or scheme fit or if he even had a shot. GMs have relationships with each other i'm sure some get 1st dibs with some GMs and whatnot. there has to be a good reason they traded him for so little. There is a reddit thread on this and the responses are much more resonable

10. dawinner127

DPJ is 24 years old and had nearly 850 yards last year. He can also stretch field with 4.4 speed. Brownlee or Taylor would get on their hands and knees to be as good as DPJ.

Speak for yourself about Ezra Cleveland. I've heard his name in a trade rumors for over a month already.

NOVAJET likes this.
  11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

He drafts ZW with a pick that could change a franchise and sticks with him today without backup--why do we expect he would be a particularly good GM today?

12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'd add Joshua Dobbs to the discussion regarding apparent incompentency.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Dolphins - already good
    Bills - got better
    Jets - eh we’re fine

Big big whiff of a day from JD unless the mindset is “this season doesn’t matter”. I’m expecting the same old nonsense from him and the staff too. We feel good about the guys we have, just need to get healthy, blah blah blah. Just a real blunder considering two players at positions of need that would be upgrades over what we have were traded for 6th rounders.

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Has this fanbase suffered a collective brain injury?? ZACH WILSON IS THE QB!! Since game 1 they’ve been adamant that they’re not bringing in anyone else, get it through your fucking heads! Jesus I’ve been off this site a month and we’re still talking about the same bullshit??

cval and IDFjet like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

there's still 9 minutes left

ooh now 8...

16. BroadwayAaron

Yea the Dobbs discussion is pretty dopey for a multitude of reasons. Not sure why anyone thought that was even remotely close to a possibility.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

cleveland has been in the league for 4 years, hearing his name in rumors for a month doesn't mean anyone knows anything about him. On paper it looks like a missed opportunity but we aren't privy to everything

as far as DPJ I don't care about bloated stats. he's a WR4 at best. he just got traded away form a team that is in the hunt and lacks WRs (cooper and moore is all they have really) and the team that traded for him has st brown, Williams, reyonlds not to mention gibbs and montgomery at RB.

are we really complaining about a WR4? or does anyone ever stop and say "why would a completing team trade away a player for almost nothing?" there is always a reason and it's never a positive one. A team who's rebuilding sure it makes sense. not for a team competing.

KingRoach likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That would be good for the second best receiving season on the Jets since Robbie Chosen’s 2017 season (behind Garrett Wilson’s season last year).

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

JC you know everything so tell me why getting Dobbs isnt a good move

20. BroadwayAaron

For starters they flat out told us a month ago that they weren’t adding any other QBs. Even if you missed that, consider that Dobbs has never played in the notoriously complex offense we run. And why would Arizona take our offer and send Dobbs off to back up Zach Wilson? Good will is a thing. Unless we offered up a 5th (which would have been dumb) the Cardinals were probably going to do right but Dobbs.

There’s a reason his name was never once mentioned in relation to us.

JetFanInNE likes this.