And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

There's a lot wrong with a win?

And you left out the part where I said "Zach is ass and we're stuck with him".

And who else besides Zach played like shit? The patch-worked OL?

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That may have been the dumbest penalty in a game full of them... ;)

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The possibility that the Jets might trade for Cousins was apparently enough for the football gods to take his Achilles.

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Me too. And didn’t Semien get hurt playing a home night game for us the next week? Or it was around that time. Creepy enough though. I’ll faint if we bring Luke Faulk back this week.

5. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Welp, one positive we can take from this is that many players would have been defeated morally from playing a game like that and crumbled at the end. Zach only crumbled at the near end, but he never gave up. He is resilient, it's just a shame that his situational awareness still sucks. He still takes big sacks instead of throwing the ball away.

6. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

There's no need to give him a leash to make mistakes when our Defense is playing so well. It's a team game. Everyone has to get over the Zach obsession about if he's good or not – at least for this year. We will never know the true story since our Defense/ST is playing so well.

This team only needs a game manager to win most games – and definitely our remaining schedule. The only fair question is if Siemian or Boyle or better at than Zach? Probably....but we'll never know as long as Zach is healthy.

Also Zach always plays terrible against man and cover 0. Good thing most teams don't have the personnel to run it.

7. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Not sure about this. Hackett let Zach rip it all game. 36 passes thrown by Zach. 12 carries by Breece. This was definitely not conservative play calling whatsoever today. You have admit that one.

Jets can't beat man / cover 0 except for GWilson. When Giants when to prevent zone defense - was the only time Zach was able to move the ball.

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

When you are on your fourth string center and guard It is tough to call plays. The pressure stats was crazy high. High 50%I believe.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You can be happy with that terrible performance but I sure as hell hope the coaching staff isn’t.

30 other teams beat the Jets handily yesterday. We are just lucky the other team was down to a practice squad QB and he still almost beat us

11. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

You typed inside the quotes so your response won’t be here, but when you say Zach made up for the bad sack, that’s just not true. But clearly you won’t be convinced otherwise regardless of what I say when you tell me that if I take the emotion out of it, he didn’t play that bad. Hard stop for me.

12. BrowningNagle

It was over 40 attempts for Zach Wilson if you account for his sacks, turnovers, penalties, and designed pass plays where he took off and ran

people wanted Hackett to “let him rip”, they got it yesterday. And it was ugly

BrooklynJetsFan and SackRecord99 like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Big difference between calling pass plays and “letting him rip”. But I’d sooner burn yesterdays tape and not even attempt to extrapolate anything from it than go through it and analyze.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Well luckily they beat the team that mattered on the field yesterday.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Zach made the throws when needed and led to a win. We can figure out the rest later starting with whoever is left to play oline!

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Typing on the phone ugh. Take the emotion out of it he did not play as poorly as you are saying. I was screaming at the TV just as much as everyone else. when you go back and watch every throw and factor in the ending it was not as bad as you are making out.

it was down pouring , we were on our fourth string center and his receivers did him no favors.

We won the game Zach had a big hand in it be happy. If you are going to crucify Zach you better be crucifying GW, Lazard, Breece for critical drops Conklin for horrible route running and Becton for not being able to block.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

18. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Let’s just be honest our D is so good we are lucky to be winning games with a Top 3 draft bust of all time at this level he’s playing at. Maybe Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell before him. Akili Smith? Anyone remember that guy wow he was bad too

SackRecord99 likes this.
  19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Speaking for myself (and after a night to sleep on it) I can't be happy about that one. Usually I'd agree with your sentiment but that atrocity yesterday is an exception. Although a lot of the bad stuff wasn't Zach's fault at all and as somebody posted yesterday you DO have to give him points for resiliency and not giving up but still.... the fact just remains that the eyes are telling us he's just not good enough to win these games without near miraculous levels of good fortune.

That game yesterday doesn't make me feel good at all about our chances against the Chargers this coming Sunday or going on the road vs. the Bills and Raiders. Fair?

REVISion and Jets79 like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

Breece Hall catches a dump off, breaks 3 or 4 tackles and runs it 50 yards for the one and ONLY Jets touchdown of the day but we should be "crucifying" him after the game

unreal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.