An awful, undisciplined coached team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe Saleh will get his CS to kick some of these guys in the ass too..

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s just so irritating how little leeway they give defenders. The Eli Manning to David Tyree catch is the perfect example. Imagine the defenders dragging his jersey and instead of throwing a perfect ball he gets clobbered. They would’ve called it in the grasp for a 15 yard penalty.

That’s exactly how the Jermaine Johnson penalty looked. He was about to jump on that pussy and they blew the whistle mid tackling motion (when the QB’s already an established runner for what it’s worth).

The NFL needs to fix the bullshit badly. I don’t put any of these penalties on coaching or Saleh. It’s just bad luck of bang bang plays that every team gets called for.

Mogriffjr and barfolomew like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Giants weren’t throwing passes. Why was Adams out there at safety to get his ankles broken by Barkley. Take him out and put an extra LB like Surratt in

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Oh, God, 4th & 5, I almost swallowed my own tongue. Then I laughed, but I laughed like Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket when the drill sergeant was tearing him a new asshole for eating a jelly doughnut.

cval likes this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Whatever Saleh claims he did to change the usual bye week routine failed …. The team that showed up today was flat out unprepared, undisciplined, and tired out by the fourth quarter. The defense played well when they weren’t committing the bonehead penalties but they also knew the Giants weren’t throwing the ball. I didn’t hear Sauce or Reid’s name called once …..

A really ugly disgusting game …. and more OL injuries on top of that. JD needs to make a deal - maybe even 2 deals for OL just to give Breece a little daylight. Zach took a slight step back but of course once again lack of protection didn’t help and Martindale’s game planning isn’t very kind to young QBs….ironically he played his best at the very end.

This team is an enigma from top to bottom including the coaching staff …

GoldenShowers, NYJetsO12 and SOJAZ like this.
  6. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

This is gonna get lost but -

We beat a really shitty, injured team and got really lucky in how the end of that game unfolded.

Zach Wilson was putrid and was a major reason why we were down and somehow Saleh is going to be able to say Zach won it for us in the end and those big throws are what we see in practice and we're excited to have him as our Qb going forward.

Ugh...

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I love every word of this post. Echoes exactly how I felt most of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The_Darksider

This goes in the W column, but they didn’t necessarily win this game. The Giants are just as inept or we never have had a shot. Someone I know is saying we stole this game, we didn’t steal shit. We were standing outside, scratching our heads and wondering what was going on when the merchandise dropped into our hands out of nowhere.

GoldenShowers, REVISion and Cman68 like this.
  9. The_Darksider

Played fantastic in the first half, and came out in the second half and if it was playing against anyone other than a 94th string quarterback, would have looked like it usually looks in the first half. They still tried to give it away even so. That offside penalty that almost cost the game at the end was completely unforgivable. Defense was completely undisciplined the entire second half.

mrjet80 likes this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The D was average at best, and that's being extremely generous to them. They gave up 203 rushing yards to a team that essentially announced during the 2nd quarter that they were done throwing the football for the day. And that's not even including the boneheaded penalties that all but gave the game to the Giants.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, Saleh did pull out the springboard, like he said they should, to get Cook into the game - two whole carries, but he averaged over a yard per carry better than the other guy.

Coach Robert Saleh praised Cook for maintaining a good attitude in what he called a "tough" situation, going from a longtime starter to backup. Saleh said Cook, who missed most of training camp as he recovered from offseason shoulder surgery, has looked better in recent weeks.

"I do think he's getting his legs underneath him and I do think he's running better with more violence, and looking more like himself," Saleh said. "So, hopefully, we can continue to springboard that. It could be a good one-two punch, obviously, with Dalvin and Breece."

12. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Players are not robots. Coaches preach but players have to do it. They don't always do what they are asked to. If you ever coached you would know that. Listen to Francesa's podcast. He is really upset. Funny stuff!

13. mrjet80

Id like to see what Izzy can bring …

Cman68 and Dierking like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

On the one hand, aside from the disastrous drive to start the second half, the defense shut the Giants out. (The field goal the Giants got was 100% on the offense for turning it over in our own territory.) On the other hand, that drive was embarrassing, and it was about as easy a game as a defense can have. Still, if this is what a bad game looks like for our defense, that's pretty good. It's the offense that has to start pulling their weight.

mrjet80 likes this.
  15. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

If Saleh and company had any brains, they would of brought everyone to the line and stopped the Giants from running completely knowing they had a QB who can’t throw but they let Saquon run against 3-4 man fronts and rush for almost 140 yards. It’s criminal.

mrjet80 likes this.
  16. mrjet80

The truth is where was that Zach for the first 59 minutes? Two nice laser throws with the last one on a rollout when the defense that had him so perplexed knew he was throwing downfield? I think in my 43 years as a fan this game was the strangest win I ever saw…and I’ve seen a lot of strange with this team …

SOJAZ, NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Basically for 50 out of 60 minutes, the defense was perfect. And for 58 out of 60 minutes, the offense was putrid. But on one drive, the defense embarrassed themselves. And the offense had two shining minutes: Breece's TD, and Zach's last two throws of regulation.

MDJets and mrjet80 like this.
  18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Yet the problem is that as long as ZW is the QB you'll have an inept Off.

GoldenShowers likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It reminded me of the Teblow Denver drive at the time

GoldenShowers and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

And when they allow offensive players to start pushing ball carriers from behind all the time without blowing the whistle when progress is stopped, defenders really need to keep playing until the ball carrier is down.

The whole officiating in the NFL in general is making it difficult to watch, didn’t like the penalty on Quincy either.