Jets Raising Season Ticket Prices 10%, Deadline to Renew is 11/15 As Opposed to Spring

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetophile, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So all other industries should keep their margin by raising prices and the Jets should lose money on their margin because it’s already healthy enough?

2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Ah, this franchise has been finding ways to rape its fans dry ever since the new stadium was finished and the PSLs were born. This is nothing new. Just a continuation of, as you put it, legal extortion. Although, their practices crossed the border from questionable to unethical 7 years ago. It is absolutely not new for Fucktard Johnson to take advantage of whatever rare excitement he can generate by raking his fans over the coals financially.

I gave up my seats after 2016 and I haven't been back since. Fuck the Jets organization. Love the on-field product, but Woody Johnson is a clueless scumbag. plain and simple.

3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Because in this case, they're forcing people to make a deposit 6 months earlier than they normally do.

4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Good point. I retract my statement.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What message is this really saying to fans? Why not wait until Rodgers returns for the playoffs? Unless....

stinkyB likes this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

pretty transparent, isn't it?

7. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

The move to November has been happening league wide over the last few years, it’s not just us.

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Can you spell it out for us slow guys lol?

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

who?

buffalo is in march, seattle in march, cinci in February, jax is march/feb, so is denver, rams is march...

which teams are in november?

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

They want to lock people in before Rodgers doesnt return ;)

Ralebird and IDFjet like this.
  11. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe give something back to the fans who keep this organization in business instead of gauging them at every given opportunity.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yeah, right near the holidays. Tell it to poor Bob Cratchit. o_O

OK, for demonstration purposes only, let's talk about Spring briefly, when a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love. The best one was the year the FO slobs thought to move the due date to PIF from May 1st to April 15th.

April 15th! I think I just grunted. April 15th, ya know, TAX DAY, the day you have to shell out to the IRS and you have so much disposable income you don't know what to splurge on next. Whoever came up with that one should've been executed for stupidity.

Anyway, the best part of the responses is that no-one "corrected" me over Rita Wilson. I have nicknames for everybody.

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head I can’t think of any but SD, but there are around 10 teams so far that moved to Nov according to the article I saw a couple weeks ago, and apparently all teams will be over time.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'm no longer a season ticket holder, but if I were this would piss me off big time. To ask for money for the next season while you're still paying for this season is crap. (Not the tickets, but the other expenses associated with going to the games). It demonstrates further that "Woody's got you" in a financial trap. Your support and fandom is a sickness for which there is no cure, and wondering if and when you cut your financial losses over the PSL you financed becomes something you think about about as much as thinking about who they should pick in the next draft, or whether or not they can earn a wildcard. BTW, did the playoff ticket invoice go out in August?

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Regardless of "what other teams are doing", the Jets have never done anything right by their fans since the inception of The Roofless Shithole. You can make money hand over fist and still not go straight Machiavelli on folks who are almost as old as the team. I gave up my season tickets after 55 years in 2018 because of bunch of small fires since 2009 that turned into a bonfire. Fck that FO, I mean it. Probably 90% of them since it all started are no longer even employed there.

Woody Johnson is a moron. He is easily swayed by candy and whoever talks shit in his ear. Then he'll turn around and meddle and make demands because he means business! What I think happened with the Aaron Rodgers debacle is that he was probably sitting in on a meeting, Joe Douglas dropped a one off one liner about "imagine signing Aaron Rodgers, haha, imagine that?" and the Gates of Hell opened. He couldn't get out of it after that because Woody the Rube threw his idiotic weight around and "wouldn't take no for an answer!", "Super Bowl or you're all fired!", empty threat blah blah empty threat blah blah, etc.

Ugh, once it was apparent that Woody was directly involved again a ton of ground that Joe Douglas gained getting WJ to concede to take two steps backwards and let Douglas do his job was completely undone. Johnson and his idiot brother, hence The Brothers Idiot, will never get it that they can't fly a plane let alone drive a golf cart so we're all stuck with them crashing into trees and backing up over pedestrians: us.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Increased demand from who? The Johnsons trust fund? I'm so glad I ditched my seasons 5 or 6 years ago

17. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Right after the payment goes through, there will be breaking news that Rodgers has suffered a setback and his career is over. Bank on it.

jets_fan likes this.
  18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I can't say that it would shock me at all. The Rodgers thing was always, at least on the Jets end, about figuring out a way to raise ticket prices on a fanbase that hasn't seen their team in the playoffs in over a decade and had only had one winning season in that same time frame.

Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I'm already resigned to the fact that we've seen all that we're ever going to see of Rodgers in a Jets uniform.

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They hadn't even started camp yet and Woody had the FO doing the circuit talking about how the Jets were now a destination team.

I still think he'll play for the Jets, not sure what exactly that will look like, however.

jets_fan likes this.
  20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He'll be on the ground a lot, that's for sure. Zach can actually move and has taken a beating behind this line (although they've gotten better in recent weeks). Rodgers will take an absolute pounding behind this group. And that was always one part of this that I never understood. As savvy as Rodgers is, how could he not see how bad this O-line was before he agreed to come here. He had to know, without significant upgrades to that group, that he was going to get crushed behind them.