The schedule the rest of the way

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cval, Oct 22, 2023.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

There is nobody left on our schedule that scares me. We are more and just as talented as any team left on the schedule.

That does not mean we will wi the rest of the games but we will have a chance in each one. I think baring injury this team will actually win the division.

We have Josh Allen's number and the Dolphins are a product of their easy schedule. Go Jets!!!

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm optimistic. That's usually when the 7 game skid happens.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We have no reason to get cocky after last year's slide...

4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We've won a few of our games due to large turnover differentials. That sort of thing usually isn't sustainable. Turnovers have largely bailed out our bad offense. I won't believe this team is a true contender until I see the offense improve quite a bit.

This franchise also has too much general stink for me to believe it until I see it. Giving them the benefit of the doubt hasn't worked out in my favor for about 10 years now. I'm cautiously optimistic, but again, I've gotta see it to believe it at this point.

nycarl, NCJetsfan, barfolomew and 4 others like this.
  5. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

One game at a time.

Activate Izzy.

Let’s see if we can really run the ball and dominate TOP with ground and pound and defensive stops.

6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I can see this getting bumped often, the rest of our season.

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am also cautiously optimistic. The collapse at the end of the last year is still a concern for me. But I agree with cval that we can be in every game rest of the season if offense does their part.

Next 3 games is key. Win these 3 games and I believe we will be in the playoffs.

KY Jets Fan and cval like this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Agree with this, but at the same time outside of Buffalo + Miami 2x you really don't have any "juggernauts" where you will need to possibly score 24+. If Zach doesn't turn the ball over 2 or 3 times a game, you will be in almost every single game. If Zach turns the ball over 0 times you will probably have a chance to win almost every single game. This isn't even taking into account how bad we have been in the redzone. If you start turning those 3s into 7s, it changes everything.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

My comments are more about the state of the other teams than about the Jets.

I have seen to many talking heads praise teams like the Bills and Dolphins and automatically point to these games as losses.

In the Dolphine case when you actually play good teams you are not as good as you think.

The Bills defense is decimated by injury.

Winning the turnover battle is how you win games. Only Jets fans think that is a negative.

#9 cval, Oct 23, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Can't lose to the Giants or Raiders.

5-4 heading into Buffalo and Miami and the season is still live.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Looking at the standings, I can see losing the game in hand vs NE really coming back to bite them.... hopefully i'm wrong.

12. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

If Breece Hall stay fit and he is given enough the ball yes, we have a chance.

Pepsiguy5, NCJetsfan and stinkyB like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone’s viewing it as a negative. I think what’s being said is that we shouldn’t come to expect winning the turnover battle 3-0 or 4-0 like we did against the Chiefs and Eagles. And we lost one of those games and barely won the other.

This game against the Giants is huge. It’s also a bonus home game. We need this one pretty badly.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Yes, we do. I do not know why I am so nervous about this game. Probably because I am a long-time fan and we have a tendency to lose these games.

Pepsiguy5, NCJetsfan, mrjet80 and 3 others like this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think the majority of the fanbase is nervous. It's a brutal matchup for the Giants, but we suck off the bye historically and we still have a below average QB playing the most important position in sports.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

If you go by the last three games we have been getting average QB play. Maybe we should say if we continue to get average to better QB play?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is the most optimistic view. Yes, we should be in every game, and should have a good shot at winning the division. BUT...

we can just as easily spit the bit.

Besides the Jets history of choking, there is the NFL motto of "On any given Sunday", which they've all but codified into how games are officiated to ensure the outcomes they want to maintain and drive up fan interest.

Just looking at the next three games, Giants, Raiders, Chargers, here's a reasonable - IMO - outcome:

vs. Giants, we're coming off a bye which always has been a problem for us. Coupled with the fact that the Giants are desperate despite their win yesterday. And it's no secret that they're the "preferred" NY team by the NFL, so look for the thumbs - or hooves - of the zebras to be tipping things their way.

vs. Raiders, it's a "West Coast" trip, and we've always struggled with those, and while Las Vegas isn't the Mile High City, it's way above sea level which might impact performances. Also, they're desperate too. OTOH, they're in almost total disarray, so maybe none of the rest will matter.

vs. Chargers, they have a good - well above average for sure - QB, and they're a good match on paper for us, so this isn't a gimme by any means.

So we could just as easily go 0-3 and be falling quickly out of any playoff picture.

This team has to take them one game at a time. And Zach has to continue to play at least as well as he has the past three weeks, and hopefully improve with each game to the point where if they do make the playoffs, he's a legit starting QB. And of course no more serious injuries. Those are a lot of "IF"s.

Again, one game at a time.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think we win 2 out of the next 3 we always drop one we should win. 5-4 The Bills are reeling and we match up well with the Fins, especially in Met Life 8-4. Houston and Atlanta we split these games 8-5. Miami in Miami tough game lose - 8-6. Washington, Cleveland, Pats. We win 4 out of 3 11-6. I think this is real possibility we can also implode with more O-line injuries.

We need this Giants win

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's not that I'm disagreeing with your reasonable predictions so much as knowing that things rarely go as expected - especially with the Jets. If I wanted to go the other way and lean towards (wild) optimism), we can realistically beat every team left and finish 14-3...of course we would still lose in the SB.:p

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Geez dude---no one's complainin about TO's--just sayin that + differential its unsustainable as cause of victory.