And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How do you think Tyrod faired against the Bills?? I mean Tyrod certainly outplayed Wilson in a head to head versus the same team on the road. I’d say the Giants very easily have a much worse offensive supporting cast as well.

But more importantly we can juxtapose him next to Wilson when we play them in Buffalo.
    Let’s just call it like it is though. Stats are quantifiable and when they are used as supporting evidence counter to your opinion you just claim people either didn’t watch the game, don’t watch enough games around the league or don’t analyze them as well as you.

#941 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 18, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

We don’t see it this year but the entire locker room wore Mike F’n White shirts after one game when the defense was about ready to quit on the season. He didn’t take blame for the loss openly at a post-game press conference. There was a full six months of debate about Wilson’s character before the draft. The sideline was also infuriated with his play against the Patriots.

I don’t think it’s necessarily personal. Think of it like any work setting if you will. Haven’t you ever worked with a guy that’s great to get beers with but fucks around at work and makes you do double the work?

Sometimes I think you guys want concrete evidence like a written letter from the defense announcing how pissed they are about the QB. These guys still have to be professionals in front of the cameras for the longevity of their career. It’s not like Mosely’s ever going to get up there and say god it pisses me off how much Zach sucked today.

SackRecord99 and Ralebird like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

stats are a basis, but need context at times. i quote stats because people here easily relate to them, but they rarely tell the whole story. it's like the old accountant joke about what does 2 and 2 equal.... whatever you want it to.
    I miss the old days when people had discussions with breakdowns and pics and videos. it's sad because a forum like this is usually where you'd find the most informed fans but now in reality you have better luck on reddit.
    you also clearly have some small peen syndrome going on here with your nonsense accusations. not my fault if you feel "too small" grow up and get over it dude. your the 1st to shit on anyone, i just try and discuss things

4. Jonathan_Vilma

You just did exactly what you claim I do in back to back sentences. It’s really wild because you did it literally two weeks ago.

But the funny thing is that you literally take the “I actually watch games and you must not,” page out of your snake-oil playbook every single week because it shuts down an argument rather quickly and pisses everyone off. It’s hilarious to watch.

5. GasedAndConfused

i didn't say people don't watch the jets. what i claimed is that some here don't watch other teams to have any perspective. I don't care if it pisses people off. actually it means i'm doing something right. your typical angry idiot on the internet often gets pissed for people doing nothing wrong. you getting mad at someone on a forum is your issue, not mine and shows your lack of emotional maturity. just be an adult and ignore me if i piss you off. or just continue to troll me. either one. no skin off my back. IDK why you think a couple of people being pissed at me on a forum bothers me in any way lol really at this point just makes me want to annoy you more because I know your being a big baby.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Allen locks on Diggs a little too much as well though

IDFjet likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Several more insults is cool, little man. Carry on.

8. BrowningNagle

I think that could explain a lot about the red zone woes.

The QB isn’t going through his reads, you limit yourself in the red zone when all you are doing is throwing to one guy, even if he’s a good WR

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Geez man, he's hurting peoples careers--Uzomah and Cook are catching tons of shit and when they're wide open hes not even looking or ever had the intention to look. There are consequences well beyond redzone woes. But yeah, redzone woes are enough of a problem for the CS to take action but what can they do?

10. BrowningNagle

I dont think they will do anything. the coaching staff is good at patting themselves on the back and the Jets won 2 in a row so they will be working on that

11. Jonathan_Vilma

I’d love to see some runningback screens when we’re approaching the 20. We can’t seem to run them anywhere else on the field. Maybe some draws?

I dunno I think there’s open receivers (we had Uzomah and Conklin open in back to back weeks for touchdowns), but it’d behoove us to try something different.

12. GasedAndConfused

anytime ;)

13. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Well if the last 3 games are where the new improved Zach is to be judged by then if we extrapolate them over a 17 game season;

[​IMG]

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That is not exactly what IDF was saying. He said the WR do not like him because he is throwing them the ball and Zach just does not care about his teammates and is intentionally not throwing them the ball.

I guess that all could be true that Zach can give two shits about his teammates and hangs his wr out to dry Intentionally. To me it is a bit silly.

Last year aI think the team was frustrated with Zach for a bunch of reason that have been hashed over way to much.

The point is we really have no idea just what we see and it looks like he has lots of support.

I can almost guarantee the notion that Zach lacks empathy and his Wr hate because of it is silly. This is NFL football not 12 year old girls soccer.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Wilson coming off the bench as opposed to Tyrod.preparing all week and Zachs offense and team putting up more points I think Zachs performance was more impressive.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

For those of you that think all the red zones woes are ZWs fault.

You can look at stats or watch the film.This guy does a good job breaking down the film.

The real story is that the red zone issue can all be fixed.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Stop believing what your eyes see, Zach is the man!

SackRecord99 likes this.
  18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What we are seeing is a much improved Qb and was that is continuing to progress.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

If you are critical of Wilson’s performance he will just ask if he banged your mom haha

abyzmul and dawinner127 like this.
  20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Imagine handing a graph like this in the 1960's to Bednarik, Karas, Butkus, (may he rest in peace) and the like ; )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.