And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark82

mark82 Active Member

I like Zach again

Don't let me down dude

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I get your point but I highly doubt they're coaching him to throw short of the sticks on 4th down.

I will say, that play call didn't give Zach a ton of options from memory but I'm sure that's one I'll take a good look at during the weekly ZW breakdown thread.

I do agree on giving Izzy more run but I'd rather Carter ne the 3rd down back than Cook. I just don't see it with Cook so far, he looks "cooked" (sorry, couldn't help myself lol).

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I don't totally disagree with your point. I think Hackett's play calling has been a mixed bag so far and I've been willing to give him a little slack because the offense he and the rest of the CS implemented during the offseason was all tailored to Rodgers and his strengths and that more or less had to be scrapped 4 plays into the year, but that slack is starting to run out.

At some point, they've got to let this kid play ball. I think the last 2-3 weeks has been an improvement over the first 2-3 but I still think there's room for growth. I hope they take stock of what has worked and what hasn't worked over the bye week and develop some better gameplans going forward. The best part is we really don't play another good defense until Buffalo in Week 11. Some good opportunities coming up after the bye to get the offense rolling.

I think Hackett and Zach have been meh so far this year and both have room to grow and continue to develop with one another.

4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

If the Jets were conservative, they would be giving Breece more handoffs. They have been giving ZW some green lights, and enough freedom imo.

ZW is playing solid. Can he be better? Sure.

I think it is fair to say that we’re a little more comfortable with ZW going into the games than we were at the beginning of the season. KC game was the starting and turning point. Then somewhat efficient game vs the Broncos and then another solid game by ZW vs the Eagles. It’s growing.

KY Jets Fan, Dierking and cval like this.
  5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I don't seem to understand why Hackett is getting the blame here. Maybe in the redzone? But that's it.

Every single week the ALL 22 shows bad read and missed opportunities by ZW. You can't go off by what you see on TV. Hell, even Sanchez mentioned it at one point in the second half. Something to the extent of "Zach's missing guys wide open running down the field."

Zach's inability to process the entire field, plus a suspect OL, and this is what you get.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Wait until you see the All 22 on the missed Uzomah would be touchdown where he threw it to the corner for GW to make a play instead. Similar route that he missed Conklin on last week vs Denver.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just don’t know how you can watch that game yesterday and think the game plan or play calling was conservative. I felt like they pretty much acknowledged they won’t be able to run the ball from the start.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Breece Hall got 12 carries

Zach Wilson dropped back 38 times.

people are stupid

9. dawinner127

Anything to defend zach bro

10. Jonathan_Vilma

I was actually wrong too because I didn’t add his sacks in. If you add those in with his scrambles we had 42 designed passes versus 17 designed runs. One was a reverse.

11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Good grief hearing this makes me so damn mad--same mistakes over and over again. He's either too damn dumb or he just doesn't care enough. And yeah, he cares some but not enough. If you care that much you don't make the same mistakes over and over.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

This is the right ratio until the opponents stop jamming up the box. There's no point in handing it to Breece 20 times if he's going to just take a beating.

NY Jets68 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

And yesterday we saw first hand what can happen when you take the handcuffs off your mad bomber QB and allow him to throw a bunch of picks.

They’re giving Zach some opportunities but still trying to limit the liabilities. Frustrating to watch sometimes but it’s not the easiest needle to thread.

Pepsiguy5 and BrowningNagle like this.
  14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I agree. I DO think that the CS might be coaching him not to take too many risks. But I think the play design and play calling are far from conservative.

cval likes this.
  15. dawinner127

Screaming it from my seats with the guy next to me. Really bad miss, I'll see if someone has the All 22 of it later today and get it posted.

KY Jets Fan and IDFjet like this.
  16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

mark82 likes this.
  17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Could we take a week off ragging on Zach? We just beat the Eagles.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That's impossible, must've been the play-call ;)

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

He’s definitely spooked about throwing over the middle in the 8-14 yard range. I think the Milano pick put hawking defenders in the back of his mind because he’s missed tightends up the seam in back to back weeks and had Lazard wide open in a sit route.

KY Jets Fan and Lon Chaney like this.
  20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

How about the play where Uzomah got jacked 20 yards downfield with no penalty? That was probably a TD as well.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.