2023 - Week 6: New York Jets vs Philadelphia Eagles (4:25 PM)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 8, 2023.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2023.
  1. Jets

25.0%
  2. Eagles

75.0%
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There was a Saleh moment from Hard Knocks when they were smacking the Carolina Stockboys around and he is like "I love kicking peoples' asses!" Dude it's a preseason game. His moments of bravado usually fall flat with me. Seems like a great guy though.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  2. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

As talented as Hall is I think we'll struggle to get the run game going. Any game that rides primarily on Zach Wilson is an automatic loss in my book. Eagles haven't looked GREAT but I think they're settling in and we're catching them at the wrong time.

I never bought the super bowl hype with Rodgers (I bought the playoff hype tho) but I was excited to have him to maybe FINALLY beat the god damn eagles! Like what the hell I'm just tired of hearing that stat! Anyway something extreme will have to happen to keep us in this one.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it seems forced and phony. Like if Todd Bowles decided to get in on the trash talk

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  4. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Go back and watch some of the footage when he was DC at San Fran. Dude would act like a psycho nut case on the sideline. Worse than Rex Ryan.

I guess if your opinion is all that was for show too, then so would be his head coaching personality.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This is the guy I was excited for....

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I hope Hackett draws up some very creative plays for this game. The Jets will need all the help they can get. Take some chances.

7. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Hi, wondered if anyone can give me some good tips for tickets for Sunday other than StubHub.

I'm aiming to come down from Montreal for the game. Will be my first visit to MetLife. I have been across the pond from the UK 3x since I came a Jets fan. Have been meaning to do this trip since I moved to Montreal. But COVID and us sucking bad have delayed it. Time to make the move.

Any info please DM me. Thanks.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Wait until Saturday. I'm currently doing the same. Check around multiple different sites. Ticketmaster, TickPick, GameTime, Vivid Seats just to name a few others. They are so damn expensive right now. 2 weeks ago they were sitting around 120/130, now they are 150ish (before fees which is basically like buying another ticket)

Sandman likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Zach has to be the one to win this game.

Eagles are strong against the run... less so passing.
    The way he played against Denver is not gonna cut it.

10. dawinner127

Darius Slay didn't practice for the 2nd day in a row. Would be a big loss for a bad 2ndary

Jalen Carter didn't practice either.

ouchy, KY Jets Fan, mrjet80 and 2 others like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That we've never beaten the Eagles, even when they sucked, is one of the most embarrassing and maddening thing in my decades of being a Jets fan. How can a team own another team so completely across many different coaches and players?

I know the odds are against a win this week, but the Eagles have beaten us when we were favored. It's long past time to return the favor. First and foremost I want a W. But I also want to see Zach step up in this one and lead the team. He'll need Hackett's help to give him a creative game plan, and make unpredictable play calls, especially getting him out of the pocket frequently because the OL - which was never the Five Blocks of Granite to begin with - is even more suspect now. I really hope Zach has learned from his "brain farts", and can see the plays that are out there to be made.

I SOOOOO want to beat the Iggles (my boyhood team from when I lived outside Philly).

12. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Jets DC Jeff Ulbrich on Philly’s Tush Push: “It feels like they had a rugby coach come in there and teach them how to scrum.” Ulbrich says he’s excited to face it: “We have a plan for it.” Why would you say that shit when your defense is weak as hell. Eagles is going to score 100 points on us.

13. BrowningNagle

1993 Jets lost to the Eagles on a wacky late INT return from Eric Allen

I was upset at the time but the highlight brings me good feelings of nostalgia. Football was so much better back then and Summerall & Madden just feels good

NY Jets68 likes this.
  14. dawinner127

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well I’m still pissed about it LOL

17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Cimini wrote a good article about it on ESPN…it’s definitely a quirky series - that’s all it can be. They’re not rivals they have only played 12 times in 50 years. I can’t recall too many times the Jets were favored vs the Eagles except the 2015 game. If you remember the Jets were missing both Ivory and Decker - that probably made the difference.

In reality without all the flukey plays the Jets should probably be 3-9 against them. 1973, 1993, and 1996 were games where they inexplicably blew double digit second half leads….

#97 mrjet80, Oct 13, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'll take whatever help we can get for this one! Though from Michael Nania's analysis, seems like Darius Slay has been having a very down year and could be exploitable (apparently a part of why their defense has been off this year)
    https://jetsxfactor.com/2023/10/12/ny-jets-eagles-pass-defense/

19. BrowningNagle

That 1996 game was insane, the Jets were terrible but still seemed unlikely that they would blow that

20. dawinner127