And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

agree 100%…Jones isn’t very good at all

And no I wouldn’t swap Zach for Jones given the salary rates for sure…I was more talking about the comparisons to Jones from a performance standpoint only

Because honestly, as bad as Jones is, he’s STILL been better than Zach. Not in the last two games but then Jones has an even worse OL than we do…

But regardless, agreed…Jones is not worth his salary and I wouldn’t swap Zach for him if we have to pay that salary…but outside of that, I think it’s not hard to say Jones has been the better player. Or to put it another way, while Jones at least showed enough promise or potential to get that contract, there’s NO WAY Zach gets a similar deal with the way he’s been playing. He would have to totally ball out this year to consider giving him a big extension…I wouldn’t even exercise his fifth year option if he continues to play like he’s played, but we’ll see…he still has plenty of games left to show improvement

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think that you could possibly be any more wrong about whom Zach is. If that was his character, JD never would have drafted him in the first place, and the Jets certainly wouldn't have continued to be patient with him. They would have buried him on the depth chart this season since they couldn't have cut him, and they would have brought in a quality backup.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

I agree with all except the statement that Zach should have seen Conklin. Why should he have seen Conklin??? He was going through his progressions and his #1 WR was open. Why look to see if his TE was open too and risk either getting sacked or having the window close to throw to GW? If GW catches the ball as he should have, that was a TD.

Further, Zach was pressured quite a bit on Sunday. If he had taken a sack there, he would have been criticized for that. In addition, he has been criticized for holding the ball too long and playing hero ball, instead of just taking what the D is giving him. The pass to GW was there. There was no reason not to take it and to look for another receiver who might be more open. That's the very thing the media and fanbase has been killing him for and Hackett stressing that he shouldn't do.

#623 NCJetsfan, Oct 12, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

CONKLIN SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIS FIRST READ HOLY CRAP.

Lon Chaney and Jets69 like this.
  5. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

GW is a dead man if he catches that ball. LOL.

What game are you watching?

I literally said….good thing he didn’t catch that. LOL

stinkyB and dawinner127 like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sort of like Kirk Cousins?;)

7. NCJetsfan

I would think that the OC explains what the reads are on his plays and based on what the QB sees from the D alignment. I believe the D alignment is the determining factor that can change what his progression will be. Regardless, it's crystal clear that the Zach first looked to his left where there was a covered receiver in the left corner of the End Zone. He then pivoted to GW and threw the ball.

8. NCJetsfan

Excellent point, but of course that's just an "excuse" to some posters.

cval likes this.
  9. dawinner127

So like the alignment of the safety LMAO.

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth. It's okay to criticize zach that he doesn't know how to read a defense man.

10. NCJetsfan

I disagree that the throw was "hot" or high. What was he supposed to do just lob it in there? IMO one can tell by Zach's throwing motion that it wasn't fired in there or hot. The throw looks chest high to me, maybe shoulder level.

11. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

It's really difficult to say because obviously the games wouldn't have gone the way they went - for better or for worse. I'd like to think they still would've beaten Buffalo, they were primed for that game and seem to be able to play the Bills tight. The Dallas game would've been completely different, of course, but I'll say that's a loss. Although, again, without the short week and the hangover from the injury to Rodgers, maybe the Jets don't come out flat. Look what the Niners did to Dallas this past week.

100% would have beaten the Pats. I think they might have beaten the Chiefs too. Wilson at his best ever is the norm for Rodgers. Chiefs for the most part have looked fairly beatable this year, so assuming that if the Wilson-led slow-starting Jets almost pulled it out, Rogers could've done it. Then the Denver game is a no -brainer. So there's apretty good argument that the Jets could be 4-1 right now if Rodgers was here.

BrooklynJetsFan and Jets79 like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

^ THIS times 10,000!!!!

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

And David Carr….

14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I fully disagree my friend--this is the guy who stated unequivocally that he wasn't concerned about how his poor play affected his team. Add that to how he acts in general, I can conclude he's an asshole.

I could still like him kind of like Steelers fans liked Big Ben--they know he's an ass but he's playing decent QB. His character is very questionable man--having sex with your moms friend is just hunky dory?

ZW is an ass and he sucks. But we only have to talk about his suck. If he played well, then no-one including myself would be talking about his personality.

Also, I thought the poster I responded to held the same opinion since he called him an asshole too--but he meant it in a different way.

Jets69 likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

That was one comment, last year. He has grown up and learned a lot since then. Players are capable of maturing and learning. I watched every game of him at BYU that was available. I've read countless interviews and stories about him. Nothing you've said about him is accurate or true. I don't buy that he had sex with his mom's friend, but even if he did, it was a stupid immature thing to do, but how many guys that age do you know that would turn down sex with a hot woman? IMO if he did have sex with her, she probably instigated and seduced him. If it happened, I don't condone it, but I'm not going to judge, condemn and write him off for that, either. Perhaps you're too quick to judge and write people off. You might want to ponder on that.

In terms of his play, he's getting better, and he might still get to the point of playing well consistently.

#635 NCJetsfan, Oct 12, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

OK--don't want to make a federal case out of this since it is irrelevant, but wasn't it the case he was disliked on the BYU squad so much so that he was not voted team captain?

And when Mike White took over, did it appear he had any friends on the team?

This is totally irrelevant but I'm curious--why does he wear that white thing on his head? Perhaps you've read something on it?

17. ColoradoContrails

To my eyes it looked like it was thrown too fast and too high for the distance the receiver was to him. Of course he wasn't going to lob it in to him, there had to be some juice on it, but if he throws it with some juice it needs to hit the receiver closer to the body. Still, the receiver is a pro and it's expected that decent pros should catch balls that they can get two hands on it. I'll stick with my take that the pass could've been better, but GW - assuming he's as good as everyone says he is - could've caught it.

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he was a team captain on BYU

the players rallied behind white for sure, but there was never anything that he was dislike din the locker room. players like to win, and white was winning. that was a while ago though. looking at this year all the players have been supporting him and rallying behind him

the headband is because he said he sweats a lot. he hasn't been wearing it because it's been colder

IDFjet likes this.
  19. dawinner127

How do you know he doesn’t have a kink for older women? How do you know she instigated or seduced him? You make up so much shits it’s insane.

20. ColoradoContrails

TBF, how do you know he had sex with his mother's friend, or has a "thing" for older women? Unless you have proof if these claims, wouldn't that be called "making shit up"?

And how does this stuff have any bearing on whether he can play decently?

NOVAJET and Borat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.