And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm starting to think they have more in common with Swifties than Jets fans.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Bill Walsh wasn't coaching in the 40s....

#482 stinkyB, Oct 10, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    SackRecord99 and Jets69 like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The other QB thread got derailed and I know this is a zach appreciation thread, but it relates to our QB position. I didn't think it was worthy of starting another thread. @Brook! if you want to move it be my guest.

Zach really isn't anything more than a backup QB. I think that's a given.

If it doesn't cost as much as we originally thought I would still make the call to Minny and see what's up with Cousins. JJ is on the IR in Minny for at least 4 weeks, but some think it could be closer to 6. Cousins on this team gives the Jets a way better chance that zach, that goes without saying. If it costs a day 3 pick, you do this in a heartbeat. The concern is the money in the following void years for Cousins, but Minny will get a compensatory pick for cousins no matter what when he leaves. That’s probably a 2025 3rd end of the round depending how much money they spend in the 2024 offseason on FAs and how much he signs for which will obviously be mega money

Surely a 2024 3rd would be more enticing than a 2025 3rd and then they can spend money in FA. I would absolutely revisit this Cousins talk now that JJ is going to miss a month +

#483 dawinner127, Oct 10, 2023
    Pepsiguy5, barfolomew and IDFjet like this.
  4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

And I expected the Jets to go for it ONE TIME on 4th and one when Breece Hall was having the best game of his career. Again. what is the difference?

barfolomew likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Wait a second - you're saying Zach Wilson improves when you mention the Giants coach and quarterback have a spat? Your explanation should be quite amusing

Connect the dots for us. Coach G and quarterback G have a disagreement during game M. Quarterback Z is playing in game X. How are these items related? Let's see if you can answer without referencing any particular posters here, talking about anyone's brain activity or what you refer to as "logical sense."

I am certainly aware of the concept of grading on a curve; if you believe it applies in professional sports please show how.

Oh, and you still have not explained how an opinion, regardless of whose it is, is anything but an individual, subjective standard but it should be treated as a fact to be accepted by all.

#485 Ralebird, Oct 10, 2023
    barfolomew likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So stop arguing.

It's clear the Zach Haters don't believe he'll ever be any good, at best maybe a career backup, while those of us who think he still has potential are waiting to see proof that isn't the case. The former group group believes all the proof needed has been provided and the Zach Believers are just stubbornly refusing to see or accept it. The latter group believes the Zach Haters have been too quick to judge and to want to move on.

After a couple of thousand posts back and forth, neither group has much changed its membership, so why continue to argue? He's either going to fail or succeed regardless of what we decide here on TGG.

But if we're going to continue to express our opinions, at least we could do it respectfully and not resort to insults and slurs. Or not. But if you're "exhausted" by arguing with the other side, maybe you might look in the mirror.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am psychic. The kid is looking like he is finally getting some coaching and is developing. The more experience a young person gets the less mistakes they usually make.

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Finally getting coaching? You may know your x's and o's but you dont know shit about management apparently. They've thrown more money at coaching and development at this kid then I've ever seen--he had his own personal psychologist and qb guru in his first year in addition to other coaches on and off season and they continue to do so.

barfolomew and stinkyB like this.
  9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

If you cannot see the difference between how MLF coached up Zach and how Hackett is I am not sure what to say. Whatever MLF was doing good or bad it was not resonating with Zach. Maybe things are clicking in year 3 maybe they are asking him to do different things but whatever they are doing it is working as Zach is finally showing growth.

barfolomew and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t really need to look in the mirror because the facts are all on my side.

But if he has a bad game, the playcalling was bad, it was raining, the line was bad, he has ADHD so it was tough to concentrate, he has no support, he didn’t have throwing lanes, he wasn’t on designed rollouts enough, etc.

The thought that anyone has a deliberate agenda against him is funny which is why the term Zach haters is ridiculous. It’s more like a bunch of fans observing the suck and then you guys need to act like he was the player of the week after he didn’t completely implode.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Of course you don't think you need to look in the mirror. Those who are convinced they're right never do.

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yeah, Wilson will always struggle in poor weather. In poor weather you need to complete short passes and protect the football. He sucks at both.

and yet they use it as an excuse?

Windy and 50% chance of showers on sunday :(

barfolomew likes this.
  13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Why do I think it is "all" on Zach?
    Who should it be on? Everybody else?
    Oh, I forgot. When Zach threw for 77 yards last year in NE, he said he did NOT let down the defense ("No, no").
    When Zach plays well (rarely), all we hear about is how he has improved. When Zach stalls down time after time in the red zone (like in Denver) ,then apparently it is Hackett's fault.
    Zach has lost 5 consecutive times to Mac Jones, and the NE fans are ready to run Jones out of the NFL.
    Don't worry--Douglas is married to Zach, and they'll trot him out there all year and the jets will miss the playoffs again.
    Oh, but that will be Hackett's fault.
    And Zach will be back for 2024, and we'll so much more improvement next year.
    And then resign him for another 4 years.

barfolomew and SackRecord99 like this.
  14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

We never win in Denver. Never. I’ve seen many a great QB play in DEN and look like trash. We won an ugly game. We usually lose ugly games, usually while setting some embarrassing all time worst statistic in the process. If we win games I don’t care one bit about the stats of individual players. Let’s save the Zach hate for now and enjoy a win.

15. BrowningNagle

Actually the Jets are 4-4 in their last 8 games in Denver

but I do agree its nice to win an ugly game, I'll take that every week

16. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

That’s actually shocking, it certainly feels like we always get our asses kicked when we travel against western conference teams. An ugly win is still a win though.

barfolomew and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yup…seasons in the 1980’s were 16 games…I think they went up from 14 to 16 in the 1970s

barfolomew likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

Its a strange history. We've gone out there with good teams and good QBs and gotten smacked.

And yet Zach Wilson has beaten them in Denver twice, Mark Sanchez and Rick Mirer also won in Denver as Jets QBs. A total mindwarp

HomeoftheJets, Jets79 and barfolomew like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s not really about me being right or wrong. Objectively he’s a bottom of the league quarterback who failed to succeed in an offensive system that all different types of quarterbacks succeeded in.

Do you see how gleeful we all are that he fumbled a bunch, threw a pick and for 190 yards?

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

This is the nightmare scenario and its coming--he shows just enough improvement and after all the sunk cost NYJ have put it they have no choice (in their own minds) but to sign him for big deal.

This process is how sunk cost ends up causing bankruptcy in real life. SF was smart enough to walk after their huge initial investment in Lance did not meet expectations early on. What an amazing comparison to NYJ--it should be taught in an economics course. So obvious the major fuck up thats coming if the same actors remain involved.

HomeoftheJets, tomdeb and barfolomew like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.