What happens when the Jets beat the Chiefs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Sep 28, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

of course, and putting them in a position to succeed is his job. he put zach in a position to succeed. there gets to a point where a player just can't cut it. last week was by and far the best position zach has been in in a long time. the D held tight. he had time to throw, open WRs, and plenty of chances to win the game and he just couldn't. what do you want him to do? call a game like SF did when purdy was hurt in the playoffs and couldn't throw?

all the evidence supports hackett is a good OC but a bad HC. you can't be a bad OC and have your QB win back to back MVPs rodgers started 15 seasons for the packers and had like 5 or 6 OCs during that span. 3 of it was hackett and he won MVP twice and had his best years under hackett. he was 39-10 as the packers OC making him the best one in their teams history recordwise. prior to him they were 31-25

so where is this mountain of evidence he is a bad OC? cause all the evidence says otherwise.

Pepsiguy5, Acad23 and SOJAZ like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

did you watch the game? he started throwing on 1st a lot towards the end. the gameplan was to protect zach, but the run game wasn't going. he switched it up and gave him easy throws on 1st. he's obviously handcuffed with zach at QB but WRs were open and the o-line gave him time. other then physically throwing the ball for zach, not much else hackett can do. why do you think GW was yelling at zach on the sidelines and not hackett?

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The game is rigged. The Jets are going to win.

The Chiefs are going to have a bad game and look out of sorts, turnovers and dropped passes. Jets win 24-14 something like that

Then the media can run with the "Taylor Swift is a distraction" line for the next month ala. Jessica Simpson & Tony Romo....

4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Look…I’m no fan of Hackett, but I can get my head around the fact that the only reason we brought him in as OC was because we wanted Rodgers and Rodgers wanted Hackett. Pretty simple. I don’t love it, but I understand it.

However, I’m really getting tired of all the deflection to OL and to OC that we’ve been hearing for going on 3 years now. It’s not the OL’s fault and it’s not the OC’s fault that our QB has no sense of the game and can’t see open receivers.

Nothing will fix that other than Zach actually learning how to play QB

5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

As for the game itself, I’m hoping we have more offensive points than we do three and out drives…but I kinda doubt it

barfolomew likes this.
  6. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Completely off topic, but anyone remember Fitzpatrick's second year when Jets played Chiefs and he had 5 picks?.......yeah that shit sucked.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Indeed, Wilson's 52.4 completion percentage is the lowest in the league and his 57.0 quarterback rating ranks 34th out of 34 qualifying passers.

papapump, Pepsiguy5 and barfolomew like this.
  8. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

like this take a lot, Hackett is there for Aaron and because of Aaron. Without Aaron he is pretty much useless. I think the best case for this season is Aaron sitting on the sidelines every game calling the plays himself.

Our OL is bad, but our QB is worse. Aaron needs to help coach both units.

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I did watch the game. Does this offense look more or less creative to you than MLF's was?

And again, we literally ran the ball on 1st down 10/12 times before the 4th quarter. That's inexcusable. When you take a bad QB and put him into obvious passing situations over and over, you're going to have a bad time. For what it's worth, GW also indicated he had an issue with the playcalling after the game.

Don't get me wrong, Zach is our primary issue, but Hackett isn't much better from what I've seen. This is without even mentioning his bullshit about Ruckert and Hardman needing to get more playtime and them combining for 3 snaps the next game.

By the way, here's where Hackett's offenses finished in yards per play during his years as OC:

25th
    15th
    30th
    29th
    27th

The guy blows.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Those rankings are hard to believe, but more believable having watched these first 3 games. Sure, Zach was a big part of the problem, but he wasn't the only one. And maybe he wouldn't have been as bad if Hackett had called a better game. I swear, the defense could've all worn blindfolds and known exactly where the plays were going. The only way Hackett's "offense" could succeed was with Rodgers running it and being able to call his own plays.

REVISion likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

But he started throwing a lot on first down on the final drive when we were down two scores with 10 minutes left and a 90 yard field to go dude.

abyzmul and REVISion like this.
  13. barfolomew

What? Not sure what this means or how it fits in the thread?

Is this just more internet speak? ;)

14. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

My wife won’t be able to walk properly for couple days…

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's an animated response to your proposition that Aaron should replace Hackett and coach the 0-line as well.

16. barfolomew

And it's meaning?

Yeah Hackett is useless without Rodgers. I'd definitely like to see Rodgers leaning into the offense and taking away responsibility from Hackett.

You think Hackett is a good OC? I don't what game you were watching last week.

17. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I mean not EXACTLY the same thing but last year after the first pats game we thought Zach had hit rock bottom then they came back and beat the Bills the next week in a game everyone counted them out.
    They're due for one of those.
    Way I see it either shock the world and beat them or let it burn down on national television. If that doesn't force change idk what will.

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

"Leaning into the offense" is a bit different than "Aaron sitting on the sidelines every game calling the plays himself"... and "needs to help coach" the 0-line.

I don't know if Hackett is a good OC... I'm miffed at the lack of creativity displayed so far to make up for shit quarterback play.

I'd like to see what he can do with at least an average quarterback under center before I start asking Aaron Rodgers to coach the 0-line... :confused:

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The OC may be able to cobble together a plan to protect Zach from the opposing defense but he'd need to walk on water to put one together that protects Zach from himself.

barfolomew likes this.
  20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Like father like son.

REVISion and barfolomew like this.