Jets Bringing in Trevor Siemian

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Sep 26, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Nah, I dont want to give them another year. They failed and fresh eyes are needed. Rodgers doesn't run this organization and we are in this mess in part because they let him do so.

New coach, new front office. If Rodgers wants to play with the new guys, cool, if not, well I'm sure they would love him full time on the McAfee show on ESPN

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's not about him playing cool with the new guys, it's about being able to get new guys who want to take the job.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Fire Douglas and Saleh and the list of applicants would be huge, Rodgers or not

Ralebird and tomdeb like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’d hope so but that hasn’t exactly been the case over the years with our management group. George Paton and the running the Ravens wouldn’t even take the phone call dating back to the Idzik/Maccagnan searches.

I believe a Chiefs executive also turned down the phone call.

Imagine that? Turning down a PHONE CALL to come in and run an organization for millions of dollars.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

He's better than Wilson but why not just get Wentz or Foles?

Almost like they brought in a guy they know won't play that good just to shut up fans meabwhile they can eventually bench him to and put Wilson back in.

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He literally just signed to our PS, not active roster. You'd better believe he would be happy to sign with Cincy one. But after he looked washed up in preseason, he was dumped. We cannot discount it. When Cincy signed him, I agree, based on his career there was a chance he could be decent. But he wasn't. Preseason does matter. If you do well in preseason does not mean you are good. But if you absolutely suck ass in preseason, the chances of being decent are significantly worse.

He looked worse than Zach if you can believe that. I don't think he is worse than Zach is now, but at the very least the road he took between signing with Cincy in early May and now is extremely concerning. Not to mentioned he played once last year and stunk too.

#86 Borat, Sep 26, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    barfolomew likes this.
  7. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

They're chillin with Bryce Petty and Greg McElroy LOL

8. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

When I was thinking about who is the best available Siemian wasn't very high. lol I guess it doesn't really matter.

barfolomew, Cman68 and Borat like this.
  9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Douglas really has an eye for the QB position.

stinkyB, Ralebird, Tamba_Trio and 5 others like this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You're a more optimistic man than I.

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

wonder if hackenberg or clemens got the invite

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

everyone has a blind spot. I've been pretty good at picking QBs but i whiffed on zach too. loved his film.
    Just like the steelers and CBs they cna't draft good CBs been that way for decades but they sure as shit can find good Wrs anywhere. outside of ben they've also whiffed on QBs too.

13. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I heard Tomo Romo accidentally (or on purpose?) say that on the broadcast haha,

14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ya--it took a genius of JD caliber to mull this over for 2+ weeks and bring in someone no-one in all of NFL commentating ever mentioned as a possibility.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He’s going to be active the first game dude and off the PS immediately. So, that’s going to be 4 days. Come on man lol

16. GasedAndConfused

foles is pretty washed. wentz only had the 1 good half a season and got a huge contract and has sucked since.

ouchy likes this.
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The hidden stat that isn't reflected on Wentz's rating is he is a fumbling machine. The guy has 72 fumbles.

GasedAndConfused and Lon Chaney like this.
  18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

But is Siemian better than they are simply because he’s never been as good and his decline from his best play wouldn’t be as steep. It’s hard to criticize either of them as an option when compared to who JD did sign.

19. GasedAndConfused

IDK probably not. it's about are any of them more viable then zach and sadly the answer is no. there is a reason they aren't in the league anymore. sadly anything short of brady unretiring to play for the jets there isn't a better option then zach right now

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He is but he’s probably the best of a bad situation. Not only is Wilson the worst of the worst but there’s no way he physically makes it through the season with how long he holds onto the rock.

And I would probably toss Boyle in there at this point after watching that clusterfuck last week but that’ll grow even quicker than Wilson. Semien can competently run a NFL offense even if it ends up in these 19/25 for 235 1 TD/1INT games. I’d also assume the guy doesn’t call a run right into four defenders with two blockers and the center lol so it’s gotta be a net improvement for the offense.

What would you do?

Pepsiguy5 and dawinner127 like this.