Poll: When would you root for a tank?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Sep 25, 2023.

?

When would you root for a tank to start?

1. Already here!

15 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Loss at Denver (1-4)

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Loss at Giants (1-6)

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Loss vs Chargers (1-7)

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Loss at Vegas (1-8)

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Never Root to Tank

21 vote(s)
    36.2%
  1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I gave choices based on the first half of the season, I highlighted the games that would be “winnable” but with an outcome of a loss.

We will not make the playoffs with this team—we know this.

My question is, what is your threshold of when you root for losses for the greater good?

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Fact is, the Jets fucked up the last tank by winning 2 meaningless games. The Jets have also shown a penchant for drafting the wrong players at the worst time. I doubt if a full on tank would help with this leadership team in place. They're mostly idiots living off undeserved reputations.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

No matter what fans feel towards tanking, players and coaches will never do it. They will try to win every game for their own statistics and careers and rightfully so. But this year with Zach we are only winning 4-5 games at most anyway. Most likely we will miss out having a Top 3 pick but a Top 10 pick is a lock. Hopefully the QB class next year is a good one.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

There are circumstances where I would root for a tank. But not a season like this where you are trying to build something with that young talent

5. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Giants game is 2 days before the trade window so if we're 1-6 and Zach is still QB1 then I'm pretty much hoping for a high pick with Bills, Fins x2, Browns and Pats still on the schedule.

6. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I only want the Jets to lose when Rich Kotite or Adam Gase are in charge.

I imagine I would also want the Jets to lose if Tom Brady were ever involved with the Jets in any way.

What good is a top draft pick going to do this organization? They're going to blow it and embarrass us all again. I'd rather win another game or two so the bust hurts less.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Douglas has been playing for draft picks since he got here. How about actually winning games?

Nyjets4eva, ouchy, jetophile and 3 others like this.
  8. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Last time we tanked we got the biggest bust in Jets history and are still paying for it. No more tanking as that means drafting a qb, since we failed on the last 4 qb's we drafted in the first 2 rounds f no to tanking.

Nyjets4eva, Cman68 and stinkyB like this.
  9. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

Players and coaches don’t tank, but owners do. Why do you think Minshew was benched for Luton and Glennon?

Nyjets4eva and REVISion like this.
  10. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

All you guys who don’t want to tank are misguided. The only way to get a franchise QB is to tank. If you don’t have a QB who keep drafting one until you get it right.

11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I want to root for it now, but I'm genuinely afraid G Wilson would demand a trade.

12. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

It’s so hard to root for losses when you see the passion that these ultra-talented young guys like Garrett Wilson have. I’d root for him to catch some manslaughter charges for beating ZW with a Gatorade bottle on the sidelines before I wish for a loss. But unfortunately if ZW is under center, the losses will come naturally, with ease.

Nyjets4eva and The_Darksider like this.
  13. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

We don’t have to root for it, it’s here. It was here four plays in and we all knew it.

Nyjets4eva and sackexchange like this.
  14. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

The kids not even eligible for an extension until after next season. As long as he rebounds next season with a competent QB he will be fine.

15. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

No need to root for a tank, because it's a given with Zach.

TheAustrian likes this.
  16. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

There's no real reason to root for a tank this year. The team is established, just need a QB. Because the team is established, you aren't going to draft a QB because you aren't going to be able to sell another rookie to the team and the fanbase, and you need weapons and/or protection for Rodgers or whatever other vet you have under center next year.

So, for me, a staunch tank support in years when it's supposed to be helpful, I won't actively root for it until nearly the final few weeks to jockey for a better pick.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Like it or not Tom Brady is called the GOAT for a reason; he's just the most obvious. That reason puts the lie to your statement bolded above.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Wrong. Rookie contracts may be renegotiated after a player's third season. The fifth year option must be exercised in May, also following the third season.

#18 Ralebird, Sep 26, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I’m already here as long as ZW is under center. I want the incompetence of the CS + GM to glow around the league as they die on the sword for ZW.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Doesn't a full-on tank involve a fire-sale of players? Anybody who is half decent has to go or you can't be sure you won't win one or two more games and ruin the tank. So that means Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, Q, Sauce and maybe a few more, would have to be traded away. There is no way a team with those players on it could go 1-16 and secure the top draft pick.

Also, is there a quarterback worth tanking for?

Also, we'd only destroy any quarterback anyway because what we need first is an offensive line.

So, I wouldn't support a tank in any circumstances. Win however many games we win and then pick an offensive tackle in the first round next year. If it's a top ten pick, hopefully a really good left tackle. If it's a lower pick, hopefully a really good right tackle. Maybe get creative for once and trade down from a high pick to get two or even three good offensive linemen. Build a new line with one draft, then see how Rodgers does behind that.