Marshall Movie question:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If you saw the movie, is there any mention of Chad/Randy Moss? If so, Id go see it just for that.

2. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

At then end they showed clips of like how far the Marshall program has come since then. And they show Randy Moss catching a deep ball and then they show Chad on the sideline coaching up his teammates but it doesnt specifically say anything about them. Still worth seeing though. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sad but very good.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's worth seeing, but don't go looking for a football movie. It's more about adversity and recovery than anything else.

I've been to Huntington a couple of times and I never realized what a big impact the tragedy had on the town.

4. blevins

blevins New Member

There is an excellent documentary out that was produced in 2000 called Ashes To Glory about the same tragedy. It adds a lot of factual information (including comments from Chad) and scenes of the crash. Relatives of those who died tell the story. It is as heartwrenching as the movie was.
    There is also a short DVD out called Remembering Marshall that I haven't seen (by ESPN I think) and one called Return Of The Thundering Herd (by Warner Brothers) that I have seen. The later has several scenes of Chad and Moss and says on its cover that it was what inspired WB to do the movie We Are Marshall.
    If you want to be entertained and get the basic true story go see We Are Marshall - It is very good. But if you like to get all the facts correct and hear from those involved then and now (including Chad) I'd suggest the Ashes to Glory documentary DVD. It is distributed by Docurama (docurama.com) and is nearly as long as the movie (2hrs). It won several awards including an EMMY for outstanding sports documentary and the SILVER ANGEL award for excellence in media.

5. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

"Marshall" was a good flick. thanx 4 the info blevins.

6. 1_Nugent_1

1_Nugent_1 New Member

Great movie, or at least I thought so.

As for Chad, Randy & Byron Leftwich are all shown at the end.

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Great movie and tremendous story. You should go see it anyway. :up:

8. McCareins 81

McCareins 81 New Member

Did anybody buy "Remembering Marshall" the ESPN DVD? I heard they show the 1999 MAC Title Game with Chadwick facing Western Michigan

9. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

The movie was great certain points it became a tear jerker but definitely recommend it

10. blevins

blevins New Member

Being from Huntington and having graduated from Marshall in 1969 I naturally loved the movie. I wondered if the rest of the country enjoyed it as much as we Huntitonians did. Glad to hear you liked it. There are a few inaccuarcies and composite characters in We Are Marshall but the majority of the movie is true - including the dramatic last play win over a 3 touchdown favorite (Xavier) on the last play of the game in the first home game after the crash. The totally accurate documentary, Ashes To Glory, has some film from that game. To think that Marshall won more football games in the 1990's than any division I school (7 years at I-AA and 3 years at I-A), won 2 div. I-AA national championships, went undefeated 2 times (once in each division), had 3 Heisman contenders, won 5 straight bowl games, won numerous MAC championships, finished ranked in the Div. I-A top 10 in 1999, beat a #4 ranked Kansas State team, etc. is a testiment to the school's refusal to give up on the football program.
    The PATS are advancing in the playoffs due to the heads-up, unselfish play of a former MU player, Troy Brown.

11. njherdfan

njherdfan New Member

As a diehard Marshall and Jets fan, I can definitely recommend the movie, and it really shows how much the program has improved

12. herdgirl410

herdgirl410 New Member

I have it, and yes, there are several games on the DVD, this being one of them.