Don't Blame Zach !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The more I see Zach taking abuse, the more I like him. This kid has no business being thrown into a game as a backup, let alone starting. Yet week after week he goes out their like a good soldier. Week after week Saleh and Hackett blow smoke up his ass to pump him up. He's simply not ready to play. Yet they throw him in and he takes all the heat.

I know Saleh has lots of kids. If Zach was one of his kids, NJ child protective services would be investigating him.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. It isn't fair to the kid. He sucks and the GM and HC are just as incompetent as the QB. There is no reason for him to be playing.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, and Woody is blowing millions of dollars up his ass to make the smoke so much sweeter.

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is blaming Zach in the way you are describing. He obviously cares and knows he's the problem, he's just not any good.

It's the GM and HC that keep trotting him out there that's the major issue. Saleh for not even looking in Boyle's direction and JD for not signing anyone. Saleh at worst could pressure JD into a move by playing Boyle and he's as bad or worse.

But we get the same lines over and over again from the HC and the GM is nowhere to be found. It's grounds for termination at this point and it gets worse every day.

REVISion and tomdeb like this.
  5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

It would seem that the coaches will keep trotting Zach out there to start for us as long as he is healthy.

While Zach's mobility might be his biggest strength it does not seem that extending the play for a second or two at the expense of planting his feet, making good decisions, and throwing with accuracy and touch is working out so well for Zach and the team this year.

If we are going to keep starting Zach I have three ideas that might help him get better results.

First idea is to use misdirection. Run on first down, run on second down, throw on third down may limit turnovers but it isn't doing us any favors when it comes to moving the chains. Change things up more to get more first down completions. Try some gadget plays like end arounds, direct snaps to the running back, or even having the running back try a short pass.

Second idea is to put Zach on a clock. Option one he gets to look at two or three options before he can run or throw the ball away. Option two he gets three or four seconds to do the same. No more running around like a goofy chicken and waiting to throw the ball until he has a pass rusher in his face and is throwing off his back leg.

Third idea is to focus on the basics on practice.

Have Zack work on his footwork, accuracy, timing, and play action passing.

If we simplify the offense he has less plays to practice and more time to work on fundamentals.

Clearly none of this has occurred to Hackett and Saleh but if our defense only needs our offense to score 17 points a game this might actually work even with Zach at QB.

At least we have three more games until Duane Brown can screw things up any more.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Woody met his financial obligation as an owner to pay the slotted amount Zach was owed for the Jets drafting him. The slotted salary, the draft and the cap along with shared revenue's gurantees Woody a fabulous P&L on an annual basis along with an incredible return on investment. Again, not Zach's fault at all. If the league didn't force a rookie salary cap on the players Union through a lockout, Zach would have been paid a lot more money.

7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Fields was the pick. You can make a case for taking Fields and then he's a bust or not worth the pick.

You can't pick a guy nobody heard of in Fall 2020.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. JetsKickAss

I don't think he's defending him now. Certainly won't after next Sunday night.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

As much of a douche as Orlovsky is, he was heading down this path with Darnold a couple years ago and quickly jumped off. Simms is looking like a fool these days. You’re right though, he had a pretty good track record before this although a couple of his calls were kind of easy.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This HC and his staff aren't making a lot of friends or converts these days are they.. By refusing to even consider another Vet QB or even playing Boyle, its almost as if Zach is being thrown to the Lions for an easy meal. Bob and Nate needs to get their collective heads removed from their colons or both will be unemployed soon. The Fanbase is done with Zach and honestly, they're getting pretty fed up with Bob gaslighting the media every presser.

For a guy with a losing record as HC, you'd think Bob would be a bit more flexible with his decision making but nooooooo. He's losing the bench. Soon the locker room with follow and the fanbase is about 90% gone.

HomeoftheJets and tomdeb like this.
  11. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Can I blame Chris Simms?

tomdeb and JetsKickAss like this.
  12. JetsKickAss

I think that 2/3rds of the time when Zach goes back to pass he should be going left or right or shotgun. When he goes straight back 3/5/7 step drop, he just doesn't look good.

Sanchez didn't either, but at least he had a great OL in front of him.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

I’m really not about that mob mentality with the ZW hate. He may suck, but that doesn’t give the rest of the team and coaches an excuse to suck with him. The QB is important, but he’s not the only problem.

barfolomew likes this.
  14. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

https://www.audacy.com/wfan/sports/...k5Uvcdt5cTet2PJ1u1AT8Z3RyZKD5n_UBNfZmk7dDLKGY

Mekhi Becton even expressed frustration with how the home fans treated the struggling quarterback during the game, where Wilson threw for just 157 yards.

“I'm always feeling for my teammates, I was feeling for everybody,” Becton said. “I was a little bit pissed off with the things they were saying. I will also fight for my brothers and whatever they got going on.”

I guess all that booing prevented him from enjoying one of his many meals.

Cman68, TheAustrian and JetsKickAss like this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I went from really hating Zach to feeling sorry for him. I can't understand why they are gaslighting the team and fan base. It's really weird and it's not even October yet.

Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

barfolomew likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

ouchy likes this.
  18. jetfan4liffe

jetfan4liffe New Member

I was watching the Seahawks and Panthers and was reminiscing, we actually had Geno Smith. Look at him now! Highest QB completion % last year. Damn!

19. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

No time to give ZW 10 years to get there.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

maybe after 7 more years and 3 more franchises Zach will finally get it...