What can WE do?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETSJETS17, Sep 24, 2023.

1. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

A truly hopeless feeling as a fan of a team who continues to live in a fantasy land, led by gutless and delusional management.

We are in the midst of watching true talent in Garret Wilson, Sauce, and Hall simply wasted. Talent that we’ve waited decades just to call our own. Talent that will eventually demand out.

Many of us have been tricked back into season tickets with the Rodgers acquisition, so a boycott is just unrealistic and foolish to even consider.

So what action do we have left as fans?

I know that if they trot ZW out of the tunnel on SNF, which they obviously will, there better not be one single applause in that entire stadium.

Boo the living fuck out of this team until something changes.

Bad fan? I don’t give a shit. It’s the only thing we have left as fans.

TheAustrian and James Hasty like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Stop going to games. Stop buying season tickets. Stop buying merchandise. Watch the games, support the team from your couch and enjoy football in many other ways.

3. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

You’re not a bad fan by any stretch; you’re absolutely right. To continue to trot this kid out there at this point is just sticking a huge middle finger up to the fan base. Maybe it’s time again for boycotts, ticket burning and posters. It’s unconscionable that Jets ownership and management expects us to put up with this

4. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

The Jets keep putting the same movie out expecting a different result. I mean everyone in the entire universe knows Zach wilson stinks at this point but the Jets.

IDFjet, Nyjets4eva, tomdeb and 3 others like this.
  5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The Jets know that Wilson doesn't give them the best chance to win. This is not a franchise that is in any way concerned with winning.

Hectorfor3, IDFjet and tomdeb like this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

RICHARD AND WALT, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! Seems like yesterday . . . only it isn't.

Jojo and Wahoo like this.
  7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sell tickets to opposing teams fans. Fuck it, take a loss. This team isn't going to fix shit with Zach Wilson

REVISion likes this.
  8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

They know.

9. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Just start Boyle. Even if he doesn’t do well, the team will play hard for him.

#9 Get me the Damn Ball, Sep 24, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    IDFjet and TheAustrian like this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

My little meaningless form of protest is making my avatar an NFL logo, i.e. as long as the Jets keep trotting this product out, I'm going to enjoy football in general and not get emotionally invested in the Jets. But I don't think there's any way for the fans to make a real difference other than the usual boos, maybe billboards, etc.

11. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Even boyle is better than Wilson, very little sample size but he has a career completion rate of 62.3% I mean Jets are oblivious.

12. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Just to reiterate this madness, Florio’s halftime report included Zach Wilson, saying the Jets will continue to start him BECAUSE THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION.

Fire everyone.

Nyjets4eva and TheAustrian like this.
  13. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Ya know what we can do? “Embrace the suck” as they say in the marine corp.

Too many times we’re hearing that they won’t move on from ZW + it would take too long to get a vet acclimated to this offense. So get ready for 5-12

BUT here’s the good news, we’ll have a top…7 pick this year and maybe that solves the oline?

sackexchange likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

If you sign Wentz tomorrow, by Sunday he'll be better than Zach.

Ralebird, Nyjets4eva, tomdeb and 5 others like this.
  15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If you sign Wentz today, he'll be better than Zach before the ink dries on his contract.

NY Jets68, Jojo, Nyjets4eva and 3 others like this.
  16. Timregan106

Timregan106 Member

When Zach led a TD drive in the 4th Q today I was worried that the Jets braintrust might use that as an excuse to keep starting him. Then he completed ZERO passes the rest of the game, and now I'm sure they will.

fggrimes, Brook!, Nyjets4eva and 2 others like this.
  17. Tamba_Trio

Tamba_Trio Active Member

I dunno about you guys, but I thoroughly enjoyed getting up at 1am to watch that.

Even after all the great feedback about Zach improving, the positivity from our defence (we don't change for ANYBODY!), I wasn't fully prepared for the juggernaut I just witnessed. It was epic. Talent, ingenuity and, above all, dedication have really turned this team around.

You knew from our first run - when Zach called an audible and Romo yelled out "run to the right" just as we ran to the right for minus 5 yards - that we were not going to be stopped. An offensive master-class. By midway through the second quarter, we were almost out of negative yardage for the day. Big Bill and the Patriots didn't know what had hit them. Miami should watch us and take notes.

Zach looked back to his best. Poised. Throwing lasers. It's a shame his processing speed is akin to a ZX Spectrum but, still, he always moves the ball (hey, going backwards is still movement). And that little check down on 4th and 10 with the game on the line? There's no way the Patriots could have expected that.

But, then again, our offensive game plan was genius in its deviousness. The Pats know we're going to run on first down. But we know that they know. And we know that they know that we know that they know. So we run it. The last thing they are expecting. Like I said, genius.

And the defence? Comparisons with the 85 Bears sell us short. Yet again, we ALMOST had some turnovers. Almost. If only that damn ball wasn't so slippery. Still, maybe next week.

As the clock wound towards 2 minutes, there was an inevitability about it all. You know when Tom Brady came on, needing a field goal to tie, starting on his own ten? You knew he was winning the game. Hell, he knew he was winning the game. As Zach trotted out, down three, you knew we were about to see something special. And, as he had done all day, he delivered. A quick safety, so that we needed a touchdown. Brilliant.

JD has taken us from a thoroughly crap roster with the horrific Adam Gase who went 7-9, to a team that'll be lucky to see 5 wins this year. If we continue on this curve, we'll be back to winning the FirstDraftPickBowl within a couple of years. Again.

Next time we play the Pats, I'm staying in bed.

NY Jets68, Hectorfor3, Brook! and 7 others like this.
  18. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Agreed, no other options for this clown show.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

As much as I support the consensus here for an immediate change at QB, is also fair to say that if and when we do it will be a momentary feel good move at best because the real elephant in the room and root cause of the problem will remain. We have a CS that is way over their head, who doesn’t even use the talent we have properly if at all, ie Hartman and Ruckert for starters, couple with one of the worst offensive game plans, weak as hell OL and a GM that has not only bought into the CS cliches over substance but is drinking the same bath water regarding on the field talent. Add an owner that dictated Zach as back up and we are in a no win mode. Sad thing is, we have so much personnel talent that is so poorly put in the best position to succeed they are ready to implode.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

If we had Wentz the whole time backing up Rodgers, we'd probably be 2-1 right now and have a reasonable shot at a wild card.