Once Again, the Problem Is That There Are So Many Problems

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Sep 24, 2023.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We all want to blame this person or that person, but the reality is that this whole organization sucks.

Wilson played horribly yet again. He reverted back to his old ways of running backwards when pressured and not taking what the defense was giving him.

Hackett called another unimaginative and predictable game. He coaches offense like it's the 90s. Run on first down, no urgency on 2nd down, finally pass on 3rd down when everyone knows you have to pass and can tee off on your QB. Why on earth did Ruckert still play so little? Where was Hardman? We have 2 good weapons, and one is returning from a torn ACL. Play the explosive guys for fuck's sake!

Saleh the life coach yet again failed to prepare the team to play. The defense wasn't the primary issue this game, but they're still abominable on 3rd down and can't get turnovers or sacks. How's that vaunted DL doing Bob? How did that 8th DL you drafted look? Did he even play?

As for JD, the OL wasn't terrible today, but it certainly wasn't good either. And the coach he hired is a professional excuse maker and cheerleader who regularly gets out-coached by smarter guys.

Furthermore, the overarching philosophy of this organization is ass. I'm so sick of being able to do NOTHING on offense and praying we get bailed out by an all world performance from our defense. Offense is clearly more important than defense in the modern game, and we are completely clueless to that fact for the 10th straight year. We NEVER learn, it is literally unbelievable.

Get some fucking playmakers on offense, get them the ball in space on quick developing routes, and let them do damage from there. It's not rocket science you fucking bozos.

rscherwin, mrmajix, Brook! and 10 others like this.
  2. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Only reason why we lost the game today is Saleh got outcoached by by Bellichek today, the game was very winnable just like last year. NE sucks donkey balls.

AtlantaJet likes this.
  3. REVISion

Honestly, maybe keeping Zach at QB is a good idea. Maybe we'll finally tank well enough to get the top QB in the class for once. He can sit a year under Rodgers and come out guns blazing after Rodgers retires.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about starting a thread to talk about how many problems there are, how many we can come up with. Then I realized there are so many problems, so many. I think It all leads to the HC In the end. IMO

Mecole Hardman and Jeremy Ruckert combined for a total of 4 snaps today. That Is beyond insane considering the state of this offense with Zach Wilson at center. That Is insane.

Then that got me thinking about this weird blind loyalty that Robert Saleh has for these veteran guys. It blows my mind that he will insert these guys In pure negligence of this team. Duane Brown, CJ Uzo, Randal Cobb, Carl Lawson, Dalvin Cook..

How are they not putting In guys that have the potential to really help this team? Instead Saleh uses the same guys that constantly show you exactly who they are. In the worst ways possible.

Fuck this team mannnn

Brook!, Lon Chaney, Jojo and 3 others like this.
  5. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

Ding Ding Ding ️

sackexchange likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Pretty scary how accurate this entire thing is man. We’re back to 2017 where the entire fanbase could give a shit about the Jets and the guys that go to the games are just there to have some beers on Sunday.

Jojo and sackexchange like this.
  7. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

We have playmakers for days on offense; that's not the problem. The problem is the O-line, the playcalling and blocking schemes, and Zach who, while is showing some improvement, is still far from ready to start.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. REVISion

We have 2 playmakers. That is the absolute bare minimum unless you have a great QB and/or a great OC. We have neither of those. In fact, we're league worst or near league worst at both QB and OC.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  10. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

Not true at all. The QB the owner is forcing on the entire team and the fans is not a professional football player. End of story. No amount of attempt to "spread the blame" around makes sense. Frankly unfair to the rest of the team that played well enough to win. The coaches are not the problem. They didn't have a choice when he was picked originally, they didn't have a choice when it came to the "Rogers Plan", and they don't have a choice if he sits or not. JD does not have the permission to go out to get another QB. So uh, what are you talking about?

SackRecord99 and westiedog1 like this.
  11. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson is in no way showing improvement. He cannot complete passes against any sort of pass defense. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen.

12. REVISion

I started shitting on our QB in the literal 2nd sentence of my post.

My larger point was that he wasn't the only problem, which is what should be really concerning for all of us.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  13. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

He's making throws he didn't make in the past, so that's an improvement. It tells me that he'd capable of getting better and, at some point in his career, he may be a viable QB. But he's nowhere near ready, there's a good chance he won't be ready by the time his contract runs out with us, and I think they need to rethink their refusal to bring in a veteran QB this season.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

But he makes 1 or 2 pretty throws a game... :confused:

stinkyB, GoldenShowers and SOJAZ like this.
  15. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

My point to your point is there is no larger point. Nothing is bigger than trotting this trash QB out there every week. He is not a professional QB. He has the attention span of an 10 year old kid. He does not belong on a team who are all otherwise qualified in ways that he will never be. It is bad for everyone involved and none of them have a choice. Not the coach not the GM. So unless you just like pointing out things without merit, it makes no sense to dance around the ONE glaring issue with the team.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  16. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

In an entire game, the Jets had one drive that actually looked like an NFL offense.

It's more unacceptable than I've ever seen it honestly, and they just keep on trotting Zach out telling us he's the best chance.

Between the Jets and Yankees, I'm beyond tired of these paid coaches/execs telling me what I'm seeing is not accurate and everything is ok.

LIJetsFan, fggrimes and REVISion like this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's called "gaslighting".

Very trendy right now. ;)

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Geno, Darnold, Sanchez. All three of em looked like trash but they looked like they had somewhat command of the offense.

Darnold and Geno in particular were very decisive. A lot of their decisions were wrong and they threw bad picks but they had a concept of what they were trying to do against the defense they thought they saw.

This kid has NO clue what he’s looking at. Literally none. It looks like snaps the ball and every time there’s a standard cover 2 out there it’s the first time he’s ever seen it.

19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

We keep Zach all year I would wager that Garrett Wilson holds out to be traded.

20. REVISion

The Jets ran 12 first down plays prior to the 4th quarter. 10 of those playcalls were runs. 10 out of 12.

And you don't put any blame on the OC? Come on man. This is 1990s playcalling at best. It is beyond predictable and sets up obvious passing downs that make things harder for our QB than they have to be.

Again, I'm not saying Zach is good, he sucks. But our OC does him ZERO favors.

teamgreen, LIJetsFan, Brook! and 2 others like this.